Trying to figure out PPM movement

• Thread starter davecw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
davecw

davecw

You won't be sorry.

Make sure to keep the sponge wet in the ph pen.

You can make your own storage solution with kcl potassium chloride. Let me know if ya need the recipe
Sure I'll take whatever tips I can get. I wasn't even aware there was a storage solution 😅

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sure I'll take whatever tips I can get. I wasn't even aware there was a storage solution 😅
Important to extend the life of the prob.

The simplest way is to order some kcl and dissolve as much as you can into some distilled water... pour off the solution minus the undissolved salt and use that as a storage solution... driving but will get ya the recipe and options when I get back home.

davecw

davecw

Well I got the Bluelabs meters and if they come calibrated out of the box my cheapo PH meter is high by .7 and my PPM meter is low by 100. This means I've been setting my PH at around 5.1 every day. Hence all my issues. A cautionary tale my friends.

I'm hydrating the PH meter in the KCL solution that it came with for 24 hours and I'll calibrate it tomorrow just to be sure. I calibrated the PPM meter and it is definitely reading 100 PPM higher than the cheapo meter.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well I got the Bluelabs meters and if they come calibrated out of the box my cheapo PH meter is high by .7 and my PPM meter is low by 100. This means I've been setting my PH at around 5.1 every day. Hence all my issues. A cautionary tale my friends.

I'm hydrating the PH meter in the KCL solution that it came with for 24 hours and I'll calibrate it tomorrow just to be sure. I calibrated the PPM meter and it is definitely reading 100 PPM higher than the cheapo meter.
Hard to make good decisions with bad info... you won't regret that purchase.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Back to the drawing board lol

Top Bottom