Trying To Grow Hydro For The 1st Time

• Thread starter dakotadude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dakotadude

hello, a friend and myself are attempting to grow a crop for the first time using a grow box. we have stuck to the nute schedule for the veg state and we are currently in our 4th week of flowering but we are not seeing any bud growth yet. according to the nute schedule we only have 3 weeks left and then we should be finished. should we be concerned about the lack of bud growth at this point? we are using a light schedule of 12 on and 12 off. next time I go over to his place I will take a pic and show you. the plants look great, healthy and very green. but why no bud growth yet?? thanks for any input or advice. peace, dakota

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you have light leaking into the box when it's supposed to be dark they wont bud, they need 12 hours of total darkness.

D

dakotadude

Thanks for the reply. We will check on that. Can we use a tarp or thick blanket to cover the box?

Infoproject

Infoproject

Also when you see that a strain is advertised to finish in 7 weeks thats under perfect conditions by experts over many grows. Its better to watch the colors of the trichoms and hairs and yes
MAke sure theres no light leaks and dont be peaking in your box during the night cycle.

Also what are you using for nutrients, additives.

And can we get some pics! Haha

D

dakotadude

assuming that there is no light leakage, should I be concerned that with only 3 weeks left on the nute schedule there is still no sign of bud growth? thanks people.

G gnome

G gnome

Pix wud help but assuming u have no light leaks i wud check n make sure ur timers are functioning properly by peekin in and making sure the light is off when its supposed to be. Not uncommon for cheap timers to malfunction.
I use contractor trash bags taped up like a curtain to block ambient light from the other side of the room from reaching my tent.
Thats how the pros do it hahaha

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I had a dial timer get worn out and it would click on for a second every 15 minutes in between each switch...

Top Bottom