Trying to harvest ever 3 weeks

• Thread starter BayAreasFinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BayAreasFinest

Im trying to harvest 1 tray of 24 plants every 3 weeks? How would you do it most efficiently while still getting great results?

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Plan ahead bro. I have 5 sections that I space 2 weeks apart due to the fact that most of my strains are 10 weekers. I allow 2 weeks for clones to root and between 1-2 weeks of veg time, depending on the strain. I transplant my rooted clones into their final home, veg then flower. You need a seperate veg room for this. A little more info on how ya run would help!? Once ya get goin' it's constant work of taking cuttings then transplanting and vegging then harvesting and repeat. So if you have the time it's a great way of keeping yourself supplied wth medicine.

B

BayAreasFinest

I have a large garage that I will be using.
I am trying to build as many separate rooms as i need.
I have 4 4x8s and 4 4x4 from my grows here in the bay.
I used to veg til they are 14" tall then move them to flower til harvest but are thing about changing the way I do things to get more harvests of better bud.
I have always used 5 gal grow bags but don't mind changing if theres something better.
I wanna use a soil or coco or mixture.
I veg in the 4x4s under a 1000watt with a hood. And I bud with 3 600s over the 4x8s.
I am leaving all the stuff I have in the bay as my buddy is using it up here once i move to my new house.
I always grew in my two extra bedrooms one was set up veg and one was bud. In my new place we are going to be doing in in the garage so we are going to have to build walls to separate it.

Hope that helps.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
I have the 2 room setup going but I use the master bedroom for flowering and then the 2nd biggest room for my veg room. And I get the tiny room for myself lol. My veg room has a rack of floro's for rooting my clones thn a 1000 watter to veg them in thr pots for a week or two and I have a 400 ta hlep keep my moms happy. The key is timing I would say. You gotta have plants ready to go as soon as your 1st crop is done. And clones ready to take thr place in the veg room and mothers ready to have cuttings taken off of them. If you keep the rotation perfectly timed and you have the right strains that produce well and finish in the time frame you want, you should do great

O

onlytoken

Simplest way is to start a grow log... figure out how long it takes to consistently get 24 clones. Jot that number down... that's the number of days it takes to get your clones ready to veg.

Then of course, jot down how long it takes to veg them to 14". Finally calculate how long it takes to ripen your plants to perfection.

When all the numbers are down on paper, it will be a piece of cake. Room setup should be easy, just be sure to date each grow bag, that way you don't confuse it with another and chop early, or too late.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
What nutes do you use? I grow in a mixture of peat & coco like you and I use organic. I just switched from Advanced Nute to Pure Blend. AN was getting to costly and none of the stores around me want to carry it. I don't grow for amount and I never weighmy stuff to see how much I get.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh I just picked up the Best of HighTimes and it has an article Grow 1 pound every 3 weeks. It might help dude
Peace

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Of course Onlytoken is right I forgot to say that a grow log is very important lol. I'd be lost without mine. That's how I know my clones only take 10 days ta root and that certain strains only need a week ta veg while others take two (usually indicas).

B

BayAreasFinest

thanks onlytoken for the growlog. ive been using a growlog type thing to keep track of everything im doing now. id be lost if everything wasnt written down for me.

Redsky- In the past I've done all my grows with 50% FFHF and 50% FFOF. and used FoxFarm grow big/B1 for a watering or two. Then I used FF BigBloom. FF TigerBloom. and every other feeding I add KoolBloom and sugar.
o
And thanks for that reference in HighTimes ill go check that out.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Sweet bro if ya keep everything timed right then you should rock the house, every 3 weeks :-)

O

onlytoken

Yessir... it really helps to have a run or two with the genetics you're working with. I would date when I cut the plants (for instance, blue hash 1 - #2 cut on sept 28, 2007 [meaning from mother 1, cutting two]). blue hash 1 - #2 rooted and potted and vegged on october 7, 2007. blue hash 1 - #2 flowered on october 30, 2007. blue hash 1 - #2 given pure blend original bloom on nov 6, 2007. blue hash 1 - #2 given pure blend original bloom on dec 6, 2007. blue hash 1 - #2 flushed on dec. 29, 2007. blue hash 1 - #2 given 3 days dark on jan 5, 2008. blue hash 1 - #2 harvested on jan 8, 2008. blue hash 1 - #2 moved to jars jan 15, 2008.

I would individually label each one like this just incase you have a mixed log... such as:

blue hash 1 - #2 asldfkjasdlkfjsdlk
white widow 2 - #4 aslkfjlasdkjflaskdjf
blue hash 2 - #1 hasdflkjasdfjasd

or you could have them in individual sections:

blue hash 1 - #2:

- sept 1 - yayaya
- oct 1 - yayaya

nev haze 1 - #3:

- oct 1 blah
- nov 2 yayaya

etc.

If you go through one grow, having several cuts per mother, and grow them out in different ways by differing in veg times, when to add nutrients, etc..., you'll find which route yields the best results, i.e. most potency + yield, in the shortest amount of time... giving you the best yields in the shortest amount of time.

Best of luck. I've set up perpetual grows loosely, but I'm sure rigidly setting up a perpetual schedule could not be that much more involved, but it certainly requires a bit of personal experimentation of each cut... because each cut is different. It is nearly impossible to setup a perpetual grow without having prior knowledge of a certain cut's exact flowering length, rooting time, and required veg length and pot size vs. light schedule, feeding schedule, and lighting power... so hopefully you have some vicarious knowledge of these strains, or you don't mind setting up an experimental run like I suggested earlier for the first run.

Best of luck to you. Invest in a large whiteboard with a marker, and setup a grid on it and a personal "key" to shorten terms such as flowered = F, instead of flowered sept 7, 2009... F 9-7-09, etc...

Top Bottom