Trying to plan my first indoor grow.

• Thread starter Chief Kief
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chief Kief

Hey guys, I've been pondering over loads of equipment and whatnot on online stores/ebay in anticipation of starting my first indoor grow. I've spent hours upon hours reading journals/info/etc on cannabis as a whole.

My current financial situation would lead me more toward something like this to start me off. I'll be getting a full-time job and renting my own place as soon as possible.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SEA-GREEN-GR...214?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebff7367e

I'm wondering what kind of yield I could obtain from this. I've personally been dying to grow C99 as I love sativas and they are apparently high-yielding as well as short flowering, although full out high-yielding strains like Critical Mass have also been catching my eye.

In any case, what would some of you guys recommend in terms of plant training/strain choice/etc to obtain the maximum yield possible from this unit. My plan is to start with this, and use the proceeds to get a bigger 26-32 plant 3x600w HPS system..unless I can find more info which would make LEDs a better option.

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated, as well as what upgrades I could initially make.

Thanks

ooS0uPoo

ooS0uPoo

$400 for shipping on that POS:eek:!!! Dude, I could get a plane ticket to somewhere nice for that. Or you could just buy the two ounces you would probably harvest out of that thing up front and save your self the time money.... Just sayin!

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Keep it simple, that system is a complete waste of money. Grab a 1000w setup at your local hydro store and 9 x 3 gallon smart pots with saucers. Talk to the employee about soil and pick the one you prefer. Run the 9 under the 1000watt, 3 rows of 3 and get yourself a simple 1 or 2 part nutrient.

Can't stress how important it is to keep it simple when you start out. Work the bugs out them add additional lights/plants...I've seen 3lbs per 1000w....

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Keep it simple, that system is a complete waste of money. Grab a 1000w setup at your local hydro store and 9 x 3 gallon smart pots with saucers. Talk to the employee about soil and pick the one you prefer. Run the 9 under the 1000watt, 3 rows of 3 and get yourself a simple 1 or 2 part nutrient.

Can't stress how important it is to keep it simple when you start out. Work the bugs out them add additional lights/plants...I've seen 3lbs per 1000w....

Agreed... start off with something like what Gr33n just said and build your way up as you go and learn. that money for that unit can go alot further for you this way and you will surely learn alot more in the long run. Unless you dont have that great of desires for yourself ...hell even if you did it doesnt matter, keep it simple and start off from the ground floor its more rewarding :)

Areba derchie!
PnL

Botanikos

Botanikos

Basic needs

600 w light interchangeable MH + HPS
5 gal pots (good for 5 months of continuos growth)
soil (promix, roots my top 2)
Veg + flowering nutes
4x4 tent
dehumidifier
inline fan + carbon filter
Oscillating fan

good get a good yield 4 oz - 2 lbs

Cost wise... anywhere from 600 and up for ok stuff!!!
KEEP IN MIND
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Latest posts

Top Bottom