Trying To Raise Humidity...

• Thread starter fadetoblack1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fadetoblack1

Have a sealed veg room. 3 (1000w mh) room is about 10 x 12. pulling cold air from outside, very cold this time of year here. Bought a large 5 gallon humidifier. Under the lights is still only 30% humidity. should I take the glass off the hoods or blow inline fan thru the hoods to try and cool off the bulbs better?

Air from outside is just blowing into the room, not thru lights. lights are not ducted at all.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

If the
Have a sealed veg room. 3 (1000w mh) room is about 10 x 12. pulling cold air from outside, very cold this time of year here. Bought a large 5 gallon humidifier. Under the lights is still only 30% humidity. should I take the glass off the hoods or blow inline fan thru the hoods to try and cool off the bulbs better?

Air from outside is just blowing into the room, not thru lights. lights are not ducted at all.
If the air from outside is blowing straight into your room it's not a sealed room..

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I would air cool the hoods with the air coming in and stop blowing it straight in the room. that will help the room hold humidity and co2

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

What if you have an ac already
So even with the ac on you still need to bring in additional cold air?
I run open hoods ( adjust a wings and a mini split) but I dont bring in extra air.. By bringing in the extra air you are creating positive pressure thus pushing air, humidity, co2 out of the room even if it's just small cracksmormunder the door..

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

So even with the ac on you still need to bring in additional cold air?
I run open hoods ( adjust a wings and a mini split) but I dont bring in extra air.. By bringing in the extra air you are creating positive pressure thus pushing air, humidity, co2 out of the room even if it's just small cracksmormunder the door..
No I push out hot air through the ac hoods

bigjay420

bigjay420

Want an easy way to add humidity..? Soak a towel (in your case 3)... Ring it out slightly (no dripping water)... Hang it beside your light and close the door to the grow. It'll work as long as you keep the towel wet. Now, you DO have to change the towel often, so no bacteria has time to form. And DO NOT do this during flower, as it will cause root rot. I know this seems too easy and primitive. But it works. I promise. Question is... Will it work for you? People always forget to try the easiest solutions first.

If your humidifier isn't working, you might need to cut back room size, or buy another humidifier IMO. I could be wrong. It's happened before.

Hope to see you get this problem under control. Good luck.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

I have had good luck buying the little misting fixtures at Home Depot ..the ones used to cool your patio, etc.

$10 in misters, $5 on tubing and $50 for a decent pump. Will get things damp in a hurry!!

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Ohh yeah, thought I would add, you need a pump that will deliver about 40psi. They are typically diaphragm type pumps, not the rotary vane types everyone uses to move water.

I'm actually looking into installing a whole grid of them on the ceiling of the grow room in order to do foliar sprays

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I have had good luck buying the little misting fixtures at Home Depot ..the ones used to cool your patio, etc.

$10 in misters, $5 on tubing and $50 for a decent pump. Will get things damp in a hurry!!
No issues of powdery mildew from doing this?

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Not really. The misters run about 2 min on about 3-4 hours off. We are in a sealed room...very sealed with carbon filter and a UV sterilizer

stonestacker

stonestacker

So Mr fadetoblack1 my opinion is if you ain't venting your hoods ditch the glass.
Getting humidity up can be hard in the cold' and a pain in the ass. I vent my hoods and my rooms. Flower room takes care of itself. Veg is my pain. I'v tried several ways wet towels pain and not very effective. Two different humidifiers the wick type are not that effective and a pain. The cool mister typ work much better. Keeping air circulating helps alot. Once you get it under control don't let it spike at night. Always use ro water. If you can put the humidifier on a constant feed it's alot less work.
Build your own or buy a bigger commercial unit. Stay away from little home units they just aren't built for what we try to do.

Top Bottom