Trying to remake something out of nothing!

• Thread starter Mrgrows466
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrgrows466

Mrgrows466

I cut a lower branch off of my 5 week old flowering plant and I believe that all my plants are going to have seeds due to a hermie that I found in the buch. The cuttings I took dont look to be bothered but if it is growing with hermie genetics will that cutting eventually end up into one? Or can evolution change its course of nature?

BigCube

BigCube

I cut a lower branch off of my 5 week old flowering plant and I believe that all my plants are going to have seeds due to a hermie that I found in the buch. The cuttings I took dont look to be bothered but if it is growing
I cut a lower branch off of my 5 week old flowering plant and I believe that all my plants are going to have seeds due to a hermie that I found in the buch. The cuttings I took dont look to be bothered but if it is growing with hermie genetics will that cutting eventually end up into one? Or can evolution change its course of nature?

Depends on why it hermd out. If it was purely genetic, then yes. If it was cause by stress or environmental factors, maybe not.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
A hermie is not always unmanageable. Sometimes naners will appear later in flowering and turn out to be sterile. Lots of “top shelf“ genetics right now have hermie traits in their geneology that show when stressed or produce sterile pollen. You have to weigh the pros and cons on wether or not you keep that strain in your lineup. If it’s 🔥 then of course the decision is harder. If it’s 🗑 then the decision is easy.

Top Bottom