Trying to understand my run off pH and EC reading late flower.

• Thread starter HerbalEdu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Organic Soil and liquid organic nutrients grow last week of flower for most phenotype

i have been watering with ph 6.9 ec 0.61 water

run off say ph 5.9 ec 2.45

Bbs ppm ec

so well my understanding ph isn't especially out of range and yeah may be EC is a little higher than it should late flower ...

i was worried because some phenotypes leaves yellowed real fast over the last 5 days about a potential nutrient(s) or pH lockout with my plants near the end of flower but doesn't seem to be the case right ?

B

Bdubs

If your PPM of runoff is spiking or goes up dramatically from the last reading, you are nutrient lockout. The plant is drinking and not eating. Lower feed PPM. So if you are folllowing that chart, and stagnant at 1050ppm. When you feed your next 1050ppm, and runoff comes out at 1200, you’re locking out. So the next feed you need to drop to 850-900 or you’ll stay locked out for sure.

B

Bdubs

By feeding ever more to the very end you are risking locking out. My chart has me tapering back PPM up to the “flush”. And your chart wants you to keep increasing it, that is just odd to me. No flower I’ve grown so far has been accepting of an increase to PPM at the last week of flower and your chart wants you to increase it. I don’t know the exact nutrients you are using but it is just odd to see a chart camping up until “flush” as I have never had a plant demand more later. I am hydro so I see the plants reactions daily to the food I am giving. They always hate an increase to PPM late in flower as they typically want less of some and more of others, but never an increase to PPM, typically a rejection/lockout occurs at some point late in flower and lockout forces a reservoir change to lower PPM. Soil is going to be more of a late assessment and your going to be behind a week chasing lockout if you are in it right now.

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

I feel your pain... "i was worried because some phenotypes leaves yellowed real fast over the last 5 days" the reason I came to his forum about a week ago... though not educated about ppm nutrient feeding at the time... my plants "were" beginning the 7th week of flower and green and healthy as can be.. feeding 15-30-15 scoop per gallon per recommendation... that all changed...

So how I'm handling my problem?...........I"m doubling the dose... not my recommendation... but this close to completion... I'm just trying to cross the finish line.. hopefully with flying colors!

Top Bottom