Trying too find optimal light output (in watts) for plants in veg

• Thread starter seebas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

seebas

Hi I have a 5x5 ac infinity tent with about 700 watts worth of light and I'm just curious on other people's thoughts on how much watts I should be using throughout the veg cycle. Right now im using about 400 and the plants seem to be happy praying up to the light. I'm just not sure if I'm getting optimal growth. Plants are healthy, have plenty of food and nutrients. Just feel like I'm getting slow growth due to lighting.

HighVoltageSparky

HighVoltageSparky

Hey buddy, you write, plants are happy, praying to Jah(But not too much I hope)

Seems they're happy with the light you're giving them, nutes and enviroment ok? No need to change a winning team.

Remember, in flower, you're going to have to give the plants MORE power, over a shorter day. Are you using your LED lights instructions? Just follow hanging height and dimmer level, and read your plants. You seem to have a nack for this, your girls look great.

I've got two ppfd meters, basically they're just telling me what I already knew , follow the instructions🤷‍♂️ pretty damn spot on from the traditional ppfd charts to recommended hanging height

you're doing great buddy

And stop thinking about watts, isn't ppfd over the canopy the golden rule here?
only thing the watts tells me, is that i need a bigger light🥲

S

seebas

Hey buddy, you write, plants are happy, praying to Jah(But not too much I hope)

Seems they're happy with the light you're giving them, nutes and enviroment ok? No need to change a winning team.

Remember, in flower, you're going to have to give the plants MORE power, over a shorter day. Are you using your LED lights instructions? Just follow hanging height and dimmer level, and read your plants. You seem to have a nack for this, your girls look great.

I've got two ppfd meters, basically they're just telling me what I already knew , follow the instructions🤷‍♂️ pretty damn spot on from the traditional ppfd charts to recommended hanging height

you're doing great buddy

And stop thinking about watts, isn't ppfd over the canopy the golden rule here?
only thing the watts tells me, is that i need a bigger light🥲
Okay awesome thank you very much for the feedback it's my first grow so I'm always second guessing myself and that'd what I Hurd from people that it's not worth the money for them if you learn too read the leaves I only said watts cause I didn't have the ppfd Meter but yeah I'm putting out about 400 of my 700 so hoping that that 300 extra output during flower will do me right lol. But I agree my environment seems too be pretty locked in amd I gotta just be patient

Latest posts

Top Bottom