Some shots of tonights piece.....:friday:

Tube making action shots
Tube making action shots 2
Tube making action shots 3
Tube making action shots 4
Tube making action shots 5
T

thc4sim

That's a beautiful bong!!!!, looks the bomb!!

How thick is that bad boy!! looks very THICK!!!
loving all the glass you shown us farmers so far!!

:bong-hits:

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Yo Miz-ike. What kind of lathe is that?

F

FastForward

Sick doesn't even begin to describe it.... awesome man....make us all one :)

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
If ya don't mind me asking, what's something like that run?

S

Syn

Premium Member
Supporter
a basic one with no sections in it would be around 1000, but if you take the front can off and just use a joint it would be 750 or so

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
No i meant the lathe, haha. My bad.

S

Syn

Premium Member
Supporter
About 7 grand used. (cheesy new jersy mob voice) You need a lathe? I know a guy......

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
"7 grand? Fuhgetabout it." Haha. Nah, i know they're not cheap. But man...the fun you could have...and the thousands of dollars you can waste in blanks learning and playin around... sign me the hell up. You had to have a fucking fork lift to move that thing huh?

S

Syn

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes. or at least an engine hoist and funiture dollys....don't try it, it is a royal pain, had the forklift to get it to the door but the forklift won't fit my building...lol

You can get a small table top refurbished for 3500 or so or sometimes on ebay for less, but they may have problems, my guy is in chicago, you could ride up.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
In your honest opinion... is working on a lathe something for a more experienced glass blower to try? Or could someone jump right to working on lathes right away?

S

Syn

Premium Member
Supporter
Either way you go.....find a teacher if you can, I'm self taught and I wish back in the day someone would have helped me learn, I wasted 2 years and a lot of glass doing things that were wrong one way or another just to find out it was the wrong way and if I just did this little thing....bingo super easy. I think the lathe would be easier to learn do to you not having to learn to rotate the glass yourself. Doesn't sound hard to do but.......

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Haha...nah man, it is WAY harder than it looks. I'll be high as fuck and start to feel OCD about my slide gettin the slightest bit dirty... :sweating
So then i'll go to clean it. I try to keep the Q-tip rotating to not drip the ISO (and to pretend like im "practing" ahead of time for when i finally get on the ball) but since i'm usually really high by then, well, it doesn't always go as planned. :rauch08:

So yeah, i'm sure it's way harder than it looks. I bet being OCD isn't gonna help matters either..shit i can't put away a Bic pen without lining up the tab on the cap with the word "Bic" on the pen, lol. Imagine how analytical i'll be of my glass attempts, haha. That's why i think maybe some big 6,000lb piece of steel that spins for me might keep me more calm at first... haha.

Top Bottom