Turbo Klone?

• Thread starter caliStarW
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caliStarW

caliStarW

anyone have one of these? i want a cloner but my room gets hot at night saw this had a fan dohicky, i mean i could build my own but dont wanna do it to only find out its to hot in my bedroom inside the tent, also does that root stuff work in there or can i really get away with plain h2o phed

Junk

Junk

The people I know who have them, like them. Heat is not usually a problem for clones, so long as you keep it very humid. 85* is fine for them.

No idea on the rooting solution they use.

G gnome

G gnome

I use a tk cloner. Ya gotta keep that water temp cool man. I guarantee if ur runnin it at 85 ur not gonna like it....

Junk

Junk

I use a tk cloner. Ya gotta keep that water temp cool man. I guarantee if ur runnin it at 85 ur not gonna like it....
No no, I meant atmospheric temps...I thought he was saying (I still do) that the room was hot. Clones love 85*

If the water temp was 85 I would imagine you would grow some funky fungus.

Timmyahcomeon

Timmyahcomeon

Love my ez clone. 50/50 tap and ro water, clonex ph 6.0, timer 15 on 15 off to keep the water cool. Like being able to see them develop
IMG 20160118 163501409

Timmyahcomeon

Timmyahcomeon

That's like 3 weeks, I'm in no rush, it makes transplanting very difficult the first time, I've got my method of transplanting down, I do coco multi feeds so I like my roots to fill up the whole pot that's why I let em get big, with my ez clone it almost takes care of itself, same water all three weeks no root rot

Junk

Junk

That's like 3 weeks, I'm in no rush, it makes transplanting very difficult the first time, I've got my method of transplanting down, I do coco multi feeds so I like my roots to fill up the whole pot that's why I let em get big, with my ez clone it almost takes care of itself, same water all three weeks no root rot
I think I might grab one next time around. Root riot cubes can be temperamental.

str8smokn

str8smokn

I just got a Oxycloner and I'm liking it so far ,I'm on my first run with it and already pulled two out after 8 days and potted them up.
I like it ,a lot easier.
STR8

Junk

Junk

When clones are little they don't have a root system yet, through which to uptake water. So they intake a lot of water via humidity & opening the stomata.

So, they typically need high humidity to survive, thus the dome. No one can tell you if you need it or not, but that's the reason for it.

AnimalMutha

AnimalMutha

Calistar, I don't use a dome and I have the same success rate. I do understand what JUNK is saying and agree about the humidity part. When I did use
the dome, and then replant without the dome, my plants wilt and some don't make it. So I don't use a dome. Your choice.

AnimalMutha

AnimalMutha

Junk I agree with you, cubes can be temperamental. For me at least. Cloner is much easier.

caliStarW

caliStarW

ok its all set up and im thinking bout giving the clones a go soon, should i just use tap water or should i buy like filtered water and then use ph up/down on it?

AnimalMutha

AnimalMutha

Up to you, just remember tap/city water is usually treated in some way. If you use tap, it may have chlorine in it. At the city doses can be detrimental to your grow. I use it on my house plants and my garden, but I usually put it in a bucket or jug and let it sit out for 24 to 48 prior to watering. Helps dissipate the chlorine. Then water, so plan ahead. But city water does have some trace elements and minerals. Me I prefer a couple jugs of r/o water from the grocery store, works for me. But its your decision.
I don't ph my water. I probably should check for shit and giggles, but I don't have any problems.

caliStarW

caliStarW

What kind of store bought water do u use? I wouldn't mind buying some

Top Bottom