Turkey Shoot.....

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blazer

blazer

Fuck yeah turkey season have the over and under clean and ready...
Good luck and stay safe @chickenman!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Fuck yeah turkey season have the over and under clean and ready...
Good luck and stay safe @chickenman!
Deal is a friend is over run with wild turkeys.
will pop 2 or three then call DOW to come trap and relocate....
she says can get close enough to net them or shoot.

Last visit they were everywhere.....

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

must be a nationwide thing nowadays....were iverrun with them up here too, such a fine eating animal imho. have fun!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
DSC 0769
DSC 0774

Very very nice yearling Tom turkey..
Shot with 22 long rifle 25 yards away, aiming for head, hit base of neck severing jugular vein, rang neck done deal...
Probably around 6 LBs., dressed weight.....Look at that golden fat.....

trippinballz

trippinballz

Lots of turkeys at the new place as well. We've watched a group of moms raise their young all Summer. 20+little ones and 4-5 adults....cruising by almost daily to eat the grass and drink from the creek. From time to time we see "the boys" but mostly it's the ladies and their offspring.

happy holiday.....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Lots of turkeys at the new place as well. We've watched a group of moms raise their young all Summer. 20+little ones and 4-5 adults....cruising by almost daily to eat the grass and drink from the creek. From time to time we see "the boys" but mostly it's the ladies and their offspring.

happy holiday.....

Can get out of hand.
My friend is over run, they sit on porch and shit everywhere. Hoping to live trap and kill at least 15 to 25 next month or so.

trippinballz

trippinballz

They make the rounds daily and don't stay all that long. Kinda rove through...eatin and poopin. Thinking those turds could make some good fert for the ladies...LOL.

I've shot a few with the Nikon but I'm a puss and not ashamed to say there's no way I could kill one...or anything else for that matter. (don't own a gun) I just don't enjoy eating meat that much to actually do the deed.....and they didn't fuck with my marijuana...so they get a pass. Truth be told, they were there long before I was...and I kinda think the bears and the mountain lion the neighbors see all the time will keep em in check without added assistance. We find turkey parts all the time...... (parts is parts)

enjoy. And pass the salad....

blazer

blazer

You wouldn't kill it to eat but if it fucked with your MJ you would off it hopefully you would eat it then!

colostoney

colostoney

id definitely shoot and eat a turkey if I was hungry and needed it but shit chicken with that farm full a all these gmo free grain fed animals idk that just seems like senseless killing of something wild to me. :(
poor lil tom was just a baby too. To each his own though im still gathering road kill. There is a ton of it free and it stays fresh once it gets cold. Just processed the perfect hind of a young doe last week th1t would of went to waste.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
They need to be thinned out...Not enough forage this winter...Planning on taking a few more then call DOW to relocate...

colostoney

colostoney

I get it bro I didn't read thorough enough I know the flocks in Beulah and around Pueblo of the rios are getting inbred from overpopulation.......
just don't believe in taking much from my mountains when you can provide it and I got more respect for wild turkeys than most animals.
Hell that bird semi domesticated that's the only reason he was so easy to kill fall season. It is hard as hell to get close if ya cant call them all horny normal
I hunted a lot a yarbird. Im just against hunting for the most part anymore cuz I just gather meat off these roads.

trippinballz

trippinballz

I'll just put up a better fence if they fuck with the weed blazer. Like colostoney...I just have too much respect/don't see it as my place to be overlord of the forest.

Pretty sure one of the reasons their population is growing is because the clown who owned my place previously...according to the neighbors....shot a large brown bear that killed one of his "goats on a rope" (as the neighbor called it). Pissed everyone off big time.

leave to to stoney to put a different spin on "Road kill skunk"...LOL

blazer

blazer

Yeah I hear Ya but personally I would rather hunt for my meat for the freezer than by it from the store, we don't Have to much roadkill here where I'm at to survive on, our game and fish Officers are assholes they act like you killed if you report it and they will take to the poor supposedly!

B

barefoot

don't understand why folks would come to VOICE their opposite views on such a thread................sure we all respect , but why start the slinging..............

it's about population dynamics ........................

hunt on..................fish on.....................

ganj on........................

trippinballz

trippinballz

Friends can take the criticism and respect each others views. CM and I are friends.

He gets my respect because I'm 100% sure he would never use a spotlight to light up his target and only hunts/fishes in an ethical manner.

I'm sure if he has a problem with the voice of opposition he will address that fact on his own. Isn't gonna happen though...'cus there's respect under all of it.

colostoney

colostoney

sometime in this forum I feel like every single comment I ever make goes on trial I didn't mean shit bad by any that so fuckin what if I don't like killing snicker fed turkeys

well a society without contrast of opinions is more like communist china than America I consider chicken a mentor an friend nothing but respect for him I wasn't slinging anything. I just dont agree with killing the semi domesticated baby tom like that even if I don't oppose hunting at all oh well too bad! I guarantee ya Chickenman probably hate I shore fish with a worm all the time on his precious rivers and eat almost everything I catch. Are either of us Bad guys not at all but very different. Im all natural all organic but im white trash poor and I frankly don't buy all the gmo organic shit either oh well I got healthy killer chickens with orange yolks fed on table scraps worms n big R poisoned grain n sometimes all that organic blah blah better than your irritates me maybe a pinch but I respect that he is at least trying to be free and real about his way a life and he is doing it MUCH better than my trashy ass....
and dont mean agree with him 100% just the opposite people can like people and enjoy them despite and because of their differences and it keeps life interesting not because of their likenesses.

I hunt and I do kill for my meat when I need to I'm sorry if I twisted that and trippin never ate a skunk but honest I did eat part a badger recently! LOL very greasy tough meat like a really muscly bear.

Top Bottom