Turkey Shoot.....

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I really dislike having to dispatch, as we call it our livestock..
I cannot do our goats a fella comes in and gets it done.
Turkeys are especially hard for me to do on farm and I refuse to kill any farm raised turkey's.
In this case of all the wild turkeys I do believe over all it's ok to take a few before relocation, tuff to get a clean safe shot with 22 long rifle, so were going to live trap then dispatch.

Lets not make too big of deal over all this we all have opinions, and I respect others views, I catch and release lots of fish yearly, but if someone wishes to take some home as long as there's no waste that's fine too...Just a good idea to limit the kill not kill the limit...IMO...
Also am not attempting to be better than anyone else, this is the lifestyle I choose and those who know me know I share lots of goodies, donate and share and we really do care about a lot of folks.

colostoney

colostoney

church there chicken....and that lil bird does look tasty lol I admit look the natural fat that's a lot a worms hoppers and acorns. Im sorry I guess I was being weird.

I applaud all your ways n generosity and honestly I'm just a lil jealous cuz I can't afford the best food YET. It also isn't too fair that natural wholesome food costs way more in the richest nation on earth imo but hey im trashy.
Lol I don't know if I could butcher my own goat either man they are friendly stoner type personalities but if I was hungry I would. I know that other things have to die do so I might live and I always try to respect the sacrifice. An your animals live very noble compared to Tyson mine too. I enjoy collecting road kill though makes for interesting dates. :cool:

peace now Im gonna go work my jungles this is the first day I have the slow program off me for arguing anyways and one my gfriends says im an argumentative ass lately

MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

Dont run into these boys.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Costs a lot more, but we have worked our asses off to do it ourselves to offset the cost and get to where we are today which is still a lot of work, but not so bad as we got used to it. It's a long term investment in health and happiness......
Cutting back. Got 3 and 4 year old layer hens, not producing enough to justify keep around.
Was going to wring necks and compost, not my choice.
The Amish are coming to take 400 or so and kill for stew meat.
To me it's like this. We provide a good life for our livestock, sorry but that's what we do when it's time it's time. Nothing lives forever, everything has a purpose so we do our best to provide for ourselves and livestock and complete the circle of life with love and respect....

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Turkeys are especially hard for me to do on farm and I refuse to kill any farm raised turkey's.
In this case of all the wild turkeys I do believe over all it's ok to take a few before relocation, tuff to get a clean safe shot with 22 long rifle, so were going to live trap then dispatch.

Lets not make too big of deal over all this we all have opinions, and I respect others views, I catch and release lots of fish yearly, but if someone wishes to take some home as long as there's no waste that's fine too...Just a good idea to limit the kill not kill the limit...IMO...
Also am not attempting to be better than anyone else, this is the lifestyle I choose and those who know me know I share lots of goodies, donate and share and we really do care about a lot of folks.
im hungry chickenman.......whats on your thoughts for stuffing them bird birds with? And can I copy it too!

straincreation

straincreation

Awesome as soon as i seen this i said "there goes chickenman off to hunt for that thanksgiving turkey.
awesome again. One day....
happy farmin;)

straincreation

straincreation

For real what you got in mind for cookin that bird.
Brine for 24 hrs, to or not to stuff,??

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
im hungry chickenman.......whats on your thoughts for stuffing them bird birds with? And can I copy it too!
My fave stuffing..
apple, celery, walnut, rasin, egg, onion, garlic, butter, bread,
Melt cube butter, use about 1/2 bread to other ingredients....
Can use old dry bread or fresh.
Start with 5 slices of good bread, mix in 2 eggs, butter, slice up1 to 2 onions, 3 or 4 celery stalks sliced , 1 apple e cubed, small handful of raisins, handful walnuts chopped, 3 cloves garlic sliced, mix all up and stuff in bird. can also add oyster, giblets, sausage....

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

k good stuff man! I love your culinary skills! my wife vtgirl thanks you!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thinking brine 24 hours, then bacon wrap convection roast at 375 for 1 hour, them unwrap and cook till done......
Gravy is me specialty, been making just like mom taught for 50 years....
Mashed potato's cant over cook or under cook, make with butter and heavy cream.......

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

got me some purple taters this giving.........wow man I am really really excited that the wife wants to learn your culinary ways.......that thread time to eat...............lmao she was literally drooling, tis why she started here...to learn from folks like you......so thankyou, once again. If we lived closer to you id be up at 5am waiting to do chores like I did as a kid.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Posting thanksgiving recipes on Time to eat thread, stop in and check it out.......

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter

Those wild ones are noisy... can't wait to see the spread and that gravy !!! Happy Thanksgiving .....M

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Those wild ones are noisy... can't wait to see the spread and that gravy !!! Happy Thanksgiving .....M

Hey @Medusa don't want to get off topic I tried to message you but it wouldn't work. I saw in the Ferguson post you said something about your store. Are you in Ferguson and if so is everything ok or did they tear up your store?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Hey @Medusa don't want to get off topic I tried to message you but it wouldn't work. I saw in the Ferguson post you said something about your store. Are you in Ferguson and if so is everything ok or did they tear up your store?
Thanks for concern was being sarcastic. ! No I live in the great Northwest bears and Turkeys

Top Bottom