Turning indoor tent side ways

• Thread starter frostybudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
frostybudz

frostybudz

I have a 5ft tall by 3ft wide I think it's 3ft..was wondering if it's possible to turn tent on its side as I only keep topping and training... That way I could get more plants and a big SoG but would need to make a ballast for the lights...Has anyone done this and does it work I E has the tent caught fire of the light 🤣🤣😜

Stokes

Stokes

It is geometrically possible, yes

Practical? No.

Its ideal to keep plants atleast 2-4” off the ground. Container will be atleast 8” tall. Thats 1’ of your height right there.

Would imagine any matured plant would atleast another 12”, without stretch. Thats 2’ of your height. Couldn’t imagine your light being closer than 12”. Theres your 3’. No security between light and the ceiling, no airflow over it. Not a good idea even in theory. Any space gained horizontally would be used up compensating for stretch laterally.

Last edited:
wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

Your gonna run out of height unless you plant on only having this as a veg tent... a pot should be a minimum of a foot deep which only leaves you 2 foot of vertical space. And some of that is taken up by a light plus the distance needed from the light leaving you with only like a foot of usable space vertically.

Top Bottom