turning kief into wax/budder

• Thread starter pussOGbrah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Knucks47

Hello all, Im curious how i could further process some high quality dry ice sift into a more wax/budder product.

The keif was made with OG kush popcorn and some sugar leaf...

I want the final product to be good for smoking glipped/globbed onto bowls, and maybe even dabbed? not interested in eating/topicals...

I've seen some tutorials and threads on this topic, but am not totally satisfied with the final product i'm seeing..I really dont want a black oily-oil, i would prefer a more blonde wax/budder.

I have made extremely good bubble before, but dont feel like dealing with draining bags and cleaning up, so i went dry seive. I would do bho, but dont want to deal with butane..

My PLan:
>>>I'm thinking about mixing a small amount of high proof alcohol or moonshine in with the keif so it has a wet cookie dough consistency. Then let it dry/cure a bit. Would this dissolve the trichome heads from the keif and cause them to form a homogenous oil with a budder wax consitency? Will it smoke good? or taste like alcohol? do i need to purge this with heat or just let it dry?

****Also, do you think i could even come close to butane extract quality with a method like this? Should i just go with bho if i want wax/budder? I would like to use ethanol vs butane, but i am open minded and if a ethanol extraction/infusion wont give me what im looking for, i can accept that...

Any feedback is really appreciated, i know there is some farmers out there that can point me in the right direction..peace!
Take a mason jar get 2 outside lids the ones that screw down and you only need 1 metal top for usually sealing jar. Take the round metal lid lay on flat wood and put 3 or so holes for ventilation and back pressure i use a phillips screwdriver cuz the butane tips slide in and stay so 1 hole for butan plastic tips and the others for the venting now fill the jar with butane enough to cover kief or buds can be used same method. Freeze ur butane first for more liquid and longer solvent time for absorbing trichs from kief or bud if bud freeze it also but break up before putting the nugs in jar more surface area = better or more access to trichs.
Take lid #2 the outside screw part with threads now screw it on the jar lay ur choice 1 or 2 or even 3 coffee filters or any filter u want but you can put lid on jar with wide oped hole on top lay filter over top then hose clamp the filter around the outside of lid and cut off excess filter for less wax absorbtion loss.
After filling jar with butane and lid#1 with holes.
Open jar insert kief...
If using buds blast straight into jar with buds in already!! For kief put in after!
For kief only
Now set jar in freezer or a ice chest with dry ice or reg. ice anything to slowdown butane evaporation watch and keep eye on it and swirl jar consistentlyonce ur satisfied with some gold liquid.
Take the lid you hoseclamped the filter on and just swap them and pour ur elixir through the filter lid right into watever hotbath or dish ir gonna finish with. Voi la super easy cheap and very nice product gives the solvent a lil more time and stays colder than just blasting tube you get way more wax.
To get some dont break up the buds put them in jar blast until the nugs are covered give it a 30 to 60 sec. Swirl and them pour it out into pyrex hotbathe 1st run will be clear almost if you got good genetics. Second run always remember hoseclamp on a new filter to the lid for second run and break weed up too! Should b easy after 1st run nugs will break up nice just use a fork or anything to smah em up in jar
This method does NO BLOW OUTS NO BACK PRESSURE OR VERY LITTLE.
Only after you pour it out the filter will be pushed up with some pressure from residual butane until evaps from material inside not bad at all just dont open next to ur pour out it can blow particles into dish no bueno!!
Have a day further

Last edited:
Top Bottom