twisted leaves (pics)

• Thread starter sgtpepper12880
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sgtpepper12880

Hey guys,

I have a feminized DNA Genetics Sharksbreath goin right now and I think she's suffering from a nutrient deficiency that I'm having trouble pinning down.

http://img194.invalid.com/gal.php?g=1020268.jpg

She's about 2 1/2 weeks old. I started her in Fox Farm Light Warrior seed starter medium. I have her under an LED Sunshine systems Glow Panel 24 hours a day. When I noticed the curled leaves starting I gave a light dose of Bio Bizz Root Juice which consists of 0.1-0-0.1 and micronutrients, with a pH of about 6.5. After a couple days the leaves got worse and developed into what you see in the above pictures.

My plant is craving something but I can't tell what. Can anyone identify this deficiency?

E

edux10

usually you add calmg when you leaves are twisted, those are kinda curved tho. I dont think that Light Worrior has that many nutes in it. are you using RO water? maybe it is missing CalMg?

C

cheyenne

hmmmm light warrior is pretty cold soil. id say let her dry out (she looks wet which is prob causing the droop) then an 1/16-1/8tsp of any ol FLOWER nute and maybe a drop of calmag, and some of that root juice too, but just a little little bit of each, and let her dry out again and repeat...increase ppm as she gets bigger and into new containers

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
those are seedlings, it just happens with them. there leaves arent as tough as clones and what not, could be soemthing as simple as a fan blowing on them. once they get big enough to take cuts you wont see that. plants look fine

j wizzle

j wizzle

those are seedlings, it just happens with them. there leaves arent as tough as clones and what not, could be soemthing as simple as a fan blowing on them. once they get big enough to take cuts you wont see that. plants look fine

+1..i think its the fan causing this. NOTHING to do with cal mag...

S

Snafu

has your room where these are gotten to hot? i noticed when my plants get a little warmer then they like the leaves will start acting like that.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm gonna add something to really mix things up--I only get this on the indoor-started seedlings and never see it on those begun outside. Whenever I get a plant that has leaves like that I stick it outside under the sun and it comes back (the twisted leaves don't un-twist, but new growth is good).

Now what?

F

farmerjohn

Gotta agree with twist. Precious seedlings & even some clones @ that early stage of development will show all kinds of weird growth, twists, turned leaves, etc. It's one or two of four or 5 leaves total, so we freak out! They look wonderfully healthy, green & happy to me. Keep a close eye on new growth & overall appearance, just to be sure.

:giggleA wink & a nod to the maiden: Trivia question. What was the 1st remedy suggested in this string? Bonus points, for a correct answer!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
farmer john me and you are gonna do a shot of cal-mag together i bet you will feel better.

F

farmerjohn

I'm in!:mmm I know after the last two days, even I'm feeling like I have a mG deficiency!:help: The dogs ate my biggest, baddest nug,:punch I went off on a tangent or two 'round here:dull & when I tested the ph of my own run-off, it was way out of whack!:bong2: The cal/mag folks should market an all purpose energy drink/cure all for farmers, to help us through these times when we are out of sorts & are leaves are droopin'!:sad0047:

J

JoeKing

From my personal experience, I believe this is from ph problems...and the leaves do this right before lockout. 6.5 seems a little bit high for seedlings, maybe try and lower to 6.2, this would help the calmag as it would prevent lockout and help the roots take up more nutrients. Hope this helps

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
any current pics of their status sgt pepper?

Blucross

Blucross

Are they Blueberry ? Blueberry does that ....as a sign you growing GOOD medicine.. The rest of the baby looks great.
Respectfully
Blucross

Yokogrow

Yokogrow

Kinda having the same problem with blue dream strain , I’m wondering if I had it to hot at one point ? It’s started snowing and I placed a heated in there to keep it warmer but afraid it got to hot as my thermostat read temp as high as 99! Also I started it off in a led red light so it got leggy. Currently upgraded to cmh bulb and right away the plants took a liking to it. Blegh will give more info upon request

A9D19E08 C45D 4F00 84CA 3308352194F6
5B12E28B F5A5 497B BD4E 4FC68A6EB870
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Good day fellow farmers. I have just started my first hydroponic grow... well technically my second, my first set of seeds was dead within 24 hours.
The rundown - white widow fem autos
Day 1
I started my seedlings in a paper towel
Day 3
Transfer of seedlings to pre-soaked rapid rooter cubes
Day 5
Taproot is visible from the bottom of the cube
Transfer to reservoir
Day 6
24 hours after transfer to reservoir
Leaves twisting

Parameters
Water temp in res - 76
Ph - 6.04
EC - .3 or a ppm of 170-180
Using RO water
Nutes are added at general hydroponics recommendations for seedlings
Calmag added at 1 ml per gallon
5 gallons in res
Southern ag added at 2ml per gallon
250 watt mh with a current lux of 13000 on an eighteen hour light cycle

I think that's everything, if I missed anything let me know. I would like to see these girls all grown up some day and your help is greatly appreciated.

20201114 082756
20201114 082727
Top Bottom