• Thread starter dankemhunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Twisting leaves on weed plant​

Cannabis leaves twisting
Why are weed leaves twisting

Soil plants are getting super twisted leaves while coco plants seem to be completely fine. Could it be from pH? I think pH going in for both soil and coco is 5.8-6.0. I know soil should be a little higher so I am thinking it is a pH problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Strain is gorilla glue 4 and plush berry. I know gg4 is known for twisted leaves but not this intense

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Mills nutrients is what I am using and it comes out to 5.8-6.0. I am mainly growing in coco so it's perfect for me but I am using it also on about 12 soil plants and within the past couple weeks I have started to notice twisting leaves. Plants look very healthy and happy besides the twisting. I am just curious if this problem could be due to pH being too low.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

I'd say you are seeing proof its too low. A little pH up for the soil plants nutes and they'll recover.

YJ
Yeah I feel like I read somewhere that pH being off can cause twisted leaves but I just wanted someone to chime in..

Thanks YJ

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
View attachment 463012 View attachment 463011 Soil plants are getting super twisted leaves while coco plants seem to be completely fine. Could it be from pH? I think pH going in for both soil and coco is 5.8-6.0. I know soil should be a little higher so I am thinking it is a pH problem.
You've sussed your own solution, dankem. Your pH for coir is perfect, but for soil it's too low. Raise the soil pH parameters, to at LEAST 6.2, and she might like it higher.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I would suggest top dressing of kelp and non chlorinated water with rizho tonic from canna or something similar to help that environment for microbes.

MGRox

MGRox

Is your soil pre-conditioned? Or are you by chance using raw components for it? Just to have this around for others; here is also a pic of pH response that a plant can show. It's a bit different in expression, but from similar causes.

SDC10809

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I just fed them ogbiowar yesterday and some sea green. They should be alright on the microbes side of things. It is sunshine #4.
I'm a lil radical on keeping the Micro beasties happy. I stay away from anything relatively close to being harmful like synthetics, ph adjusters, soaps, strong acids or bases, pesticides, insecticides and ofcourse chloramimes....to name a few

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
You've sussed your own solution, dankem. Your pH for coir is perfect, but for soil it's too low. Raise the soil pH parameters, to at LEAST 6.2, and she might like it higher.
learn something everyday.. Thanks for being here Sea :)
I have a slight twisting leaves on just a couple otherwise healthy plants
Alot like the op's photos
my well water comes outa the tap at 8.5 sometimes higher..
I lower it with citric acid powder..i shoot for 6.....im in soil
I had no idea that was too low..:eek:
probably explains the claw im havin on one too.:(
I had no idea PH had to be so precise:confused:

I thought weed was an acid loving plant?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

The more presice your ph is the more your plant will be able to uptake, and in return you get stronger more pest/mold resistance plant. Which also has better yields more resin and spongy buds instead of the rock buds that don't burn to well. :D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Now that has got my attention! ^^ I've stopped worrying about the fact that I don't typically get rock hard buds and had ascribed that to the strains I like to grow (mostly Sat-doms).

It is, but not quite that acidic, it seems. Since so many nutrients are available within ranges, I like to allow that range so it works for me instead of against me.

Btw, I do not filter my well water either, it's a very high pH and VERY high in carbonate hardness. I absolutely must adjust pH when I'm caring for potted plants, don't bother with it at all with the plants in beds.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
For sativas if my ph gets out of whack on the rear end and I don't catch it in time things start to go wrong. Once ph is out oh rang the plant stops growing like it did when in range. You will notice early unnatural yellowing with burnt leaves plants. When this happens I find sativas to be extra brittle and very dry to the touch. regardless how they were dried. Buds will seem greener even though outer fan leaves were yellow. That's because they were over fed not from feeding to much they just couldn't take them up cause the ph was out of whack.

Top Bottom