Twisted new growth, need help

• Thread starter smokingfred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokingfred

Good evening :)
Can anyone identify this weird twisted growth problem, showing on all of my plants? (Three different phenos)

I recently got a thrips infestation, and therefor i've sprayed the plants recently, with a little too hot soap solution. - resulting in leaftips getting burned. Also my exhaust have been on a controller, which means it have been turned off a lot of the time.

My biggest fear is broad mites, but i've been looking on the new growth with loupe ×100 and i see no mites.

Anyone have any idea what this is? Never had this kind of problem before..

(And excuse my little bad english)

Twisted new growth need help
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Good evening :)
Can anyone identify this weird twisted growth problem, showing on all of my plants? (Three different phenos)

I recently got a thrips infestation, and therefor i've sprayed the plants recently, with a little too hot soap solution. - resulting in leaftips getting burned. Also my exhaust have been on a controller, which means it have been turned off a lot of the time.

My biggest fear is broad mites, but i've been looking on the new growth with loupe ×100 and i see no mites.

Anyone have any idea what this is? Never had this kind of problem before..

(And excuse my little bad english)
do you see any gnats around the soil surface? might need a magnifying glass and a bit of patience when looking?
what’s your growing medium and nutrients?
kind of lights?

S

smokingfred

do you see any gnats around the soil surface? might need a magnifying glass and a bit of patience when looking?
what’s your growing medium and nutrients?
kind of lights?
I've found out, its russet mites doing the damage to my plants.. I hear horror stories about these ones, and people dump all their grow because of them. Im doing a perpetual, and i would like to keep my newly popped seeds.. Are there any possible way to totally eradicate/controle russets?

S

smokingfred

I read online you can use predatory mites to attack the russet mites. Idk how to acquire them tho. There was also something called trifecta crop control but idk how organic that is.
I guess predatory mites are mostly for IPM . I need a spray which can knock them out and break their lifecycle. I recently turned them into flower phase, so it should be something really effective, since i dont want to spray too much chemical on my flowers..

But yes. After i knock them down, i assume predatory bugs should be the way to go

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
if it’s mites for sure, your probably doomed especially with a perpetual grow..
better makesure it is.. and what makes you think it is?

Latest posts

Top Bottom