Twisted S shaped leaves during flower

• Thread starter Cannabisvalleyfarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannabisvalleyfarms

Cannabisvalleyfarms

Hi guys. This is ny first grow and 30 days into flowering. Some of my girls, 2 out of 4 for twisting S shaped leaves with some colour loss. I cant seem to figure out what it is
They re under 1000w led, ph 6.2 and ppm around 1800. Temp is at 26 degrees C or 78 F. RH is between 30-40.
Other 2 girls are looking very health. They are all on same feeding schedule and environment

Twisted s shaped leaves during flower
Twisted s shaped leaves during flower 2
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
could you send a pic without the purple hue? im sure others can see things, but i havent gotten the hang of the purple yet. thank you, sorry for the trouble

Anthem

Anthem

Hi guys. This is ny first grow and 30 days into flowering. Some of my girls, 2 out of 4 for twisting S shaped leaves with some colour loss. I cant seem to figure out what it is
They re under 1000w led, ph 6.2 and ppm around 1800. Temp is at 26 degrees C or 78 F. RH is between 30-40.
Other 2 girls are looking very health. They are all on same feeding schedule and environment
And You need to up the Calcium and Magnesium in your feeds.

Cannabisvalleyfarms

Cannabisvalleyfarms

Sorry ivstealth. lol. Forgot about the purple hue.

Good looking out anthem! I see that

DC03C666 14F0 4F84 8822 B6C17E42E32A
5F9F7334 5BB8 4B33 BAA3 5754A6B240C6
CE6FE770 E529 472D 9F4D 4C5C86FEEE80
16B18190 0233 47DF B0E1 9406D407BBCA
CC192577 D03B 4973 90FC CAE9272FF124
Cannabisvalleyfarms

Cannabisvalleyfarms

Sorry ivstealth. lol. Forgot about the purple hue.

Good looking out anthem! I see that

D1D99C02 ADF9 412A 95D6 BC2A24EA134A
F9581B24 E74A 48CF A51E 6BB91E576711
D8A526CC 1BBC 4A82 8F48 8B64D8D55E16
DD1104C8 E20A 45DF 9906 B80F8B9AB502
925542D5 29E5 4676 962C 117EBF6B6FFC
Cannabisvalleyfarms

Cannabisvalleyfarms

@Anthem. In between feedings i water with cal mag at 1000ppm. I guess thats still not enough?

DoobiusDan

DoobiusDan

Don’t listen to Anthem!!! They are stressed from too much nutes but you are seeing the starting signs. Just water with PH’d water to dilute what’s already in your medium. Then let her dry out and turn her uptake back on once she starts uptaking again and her weight is about half that of after a feeding. Start watering lightly with lower ppm water and work her way back up. At 1800ppm I would do nutes every other feeding to let the microbes catch up.

Anthem

Anthem

@Anthem. In between feedings i water with cal mag at 1000ppm. I guess thats still not enough?
you are feeding at 1000 PPM of Cal Mag? That cannot be correct. If you are feeding that high you are over feeding Cal Mag. If you over feed Cal Mag you will lock out base nutrients. If you are feeding at that rate, that is part of your problem and you will need to remove the Cal Mag from the media with a flush.

Anthem

Anthem

Don’t listen to Anthem!!! They are stressed from too much nutes but you are seeing the starting signs. Just water with PH’d water to dilute what’s already in your medium. Then let her dry out and turn her uptake back on once she starts uptaking again and her weight is about half that of after a feeding. Start watering lightly with lower ppm water and work her way back up. At 1800ppm I would do nutes every other feeding to let the microbes catch up.
The leaves are not showing signs of too much nutrients but of a lack of nutrients. Over use of nutrients will first show itself as leaf tip burn not the stripping. The stripping is a lack of base nutrients from probably too much Cal Mag.

Cannabisvalleyfarms

Cannabisvalleyfarms

Thanks for your input DoobiusDan. So this is my feeding shedule for flower:

18 liters of RO water
-34 tsp of flower nutes (root farm brand)
-12 tsp of base nues
6.2 ph 1800 ppm

next water is:
18 litera of RO water
-20 caps (cap from the bottle) of calmag at 1100 ppm

-4 cups of marphrl (marine phytoplankton)

total 1910 ppm 6.2 ph

i rotate between these two

the other 2 are healthy. All nice green. No discolouration.

Cannabisvalleyfarms

Cannabisvalleyfarms

@Anthem. Am i supposed to use same ratio for base and flower nutes? Reason i ask is because durkng preflower i was still using veg nutes for the 2 weeks and started using flower nutes.
But then i saw some clawing and assumed it was too much N

Anthem

Anthem

@Anthem. Am i supposed to use same ratio for base and flower nutes? Reason i ask is because durkng preflower i was still using veg nutes for the 2 weeks and started using flower nutes.
But then i saw some clawing and assumed it was too much N
You are putting alot of nutrients into the plants and too much Calcium and Magnesium. I would start out with flushing the plants with just water and run a few gallons thru ever pot to the point of getting several gallons of run off. If you are in soil very little calcium and magnesium are required. I would not go over 200 PPM on the Calcium and Magnesium in soil. I would start with just a flush with PH water let the media reset and then start back up with feeding ever other watering at no more than 1000 PPM and see how they respond. If they can take more start increasing the PPM's but do not increase the Calcium and Magnesium.

Cannabisvalleyfarms

Cannabisvalleyfarms

Thanks for your advice anthem! Its weird how the other 2 girls react fine with my current ppm

during veg the ppm range was around 1500 no problems.

The reason why i have the calmag so high is because during veg, i saw some calmag deficiencies ( brown blotches on the leaves) so i up the calmag until i didnt see any more of those.
During flower do they take less calmag?

DoobiusDan

DoobiusDan

You are putting alot of nutrients into the plants and too much Calcium and Magnesium. I would start out with flushing the plants with just water and run a few gallons thru ever pot to the point of getting several gallons of run off. If you are in soil very little calcium and magnesium are required. I would not go over 200 PPM on the Calcium and Magnesium in soil. I would start with just a flush with PH water let the media reset and then start back up with feeding ever other watering at no more than 1000 PPM and see how they respond. If they can take more start increasing the PPM's but do not increase the Calcium and Magnesium.
Dude you started out saying it was too little and that he needed to add more now you are saying add less if you haven’t been growing long enough to know and are just guessing off of YouTube it’s bad juju to be messing up peoples crops. I’m not trying to be a wiener but come on man.

DoobiusDan

DoobiusDan

Thanks for your input DoobiusDan. So this is my feeding shedule for flower:

18 liters of RO water
-34 tsp of flower nutes (root farm brand)
-12 tsp of base nues
6.2 ph 1800 ppm

next water is:
18 litera of RO water
-20 caps (cap from the bottle) of calmag at 1100 ppm

-4 cups of marphrl (marine phytoplankton)

total 1910 ppm 6.2 ph

i rotate between these two

the other 2 are healthy. All nice green. No discolouration.
Start low and slow brother then work your way up it’s hard to say without knowing your NPK ratios and nutrient style bottled or dry amendments but 1800 is too high unless your plants are beast with tons of microbial activity. Eventually they won’t be able to catch up to the feedings unless everything goes perfectly. Also I would not be doing “caps” unless it’s a measuring cap I would go off ML/gal or liters so you can keep consistency so you don’t have to guess as much when a problem comes up establish a baseline and slowly work it one variable at a time so if something goes wrong a week later you can know what you changed. Just what I found works for me.

Anthem

Anthem

Thanks for your advice anthem! Its weird how the other 2 girls react fine with my current ppm

during veg the ppm range was around 1500 no problems.

The reason why i have the calmag so high is because during veg, i saw some calmag deficiencies ( brown blotches on the leaves) so i up the calmag until i didnt see any more of those.
During flower do they take less calmag?
Once you saw the deficiency of Calcium based on the brown spots the plants were already lacking so they would up take more to get back to a stable state. So they would not up take that much after the problem was fixed.
I reacted to your post without seeing the second set of pictures and the purple lights make it difficult to see what is happening so I went from not enough Calcium and Magnesium to too much because I could see something different in the second set of pictures. Like mentioned above flush the plants. Too Much Calcium and Magnesium will have a negative effect on uptake of NPK which is what I am seeing. It is not nutrient burn from too much nutrients but the plant not up taking base nutrients because of the high Calcium and Magnesium.
Give the plants about 10 days to bounce back in soil but if you stick to the outline above they should bounch back.

Cannabisvalleyfarms

Cannabisvalleyfarms

@dubiousdan. During seedling stage i started out with 50 ppm and increased it slowly. During early veg it was around 200ppm, mid veg was around 500-700 ppm late veg it was around 1500 -1800

i dont know if this is the correct ppm but they didnt show signs

Cannabisvalleyfarms

Cannabisvalleyfarms

@athem. I think you re correct. I just check the calmag ratio and marphyl ration. They are both high in N. good eye brother. Ill try what you recommend

this is the other girl. Missy E. No problems at all

i feed her the same way as Lea

A7767B8E 72E4 4684 B0B7 C0945B48BBCE
D221DC4E B987 4C88 AA99 FA5FC9835B99
35A2FF1E D4A8 458C A25B AD8F9AE10478
8D1008BF 628A 45CE B9D0 93CE3E6FDA0D
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think you have more than one thing going on here. one of them looks a lot like what people call tobacco mosaic virus.

I have a clone with that problem, but not to the extent that you have it. The leaves curve sideways with those odd yellow patches. Do a web search for tobacco mosaic virus in cannabis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom