Twister T2 Vs T4 And Why.

• Thread starter Elementalas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Elementalas

After some extensive hands-on experience with the twister T1, then the T2, and now T4. I'd like to go over what I like about each, what I dislike about each and why I'll be selling my brand new four month old twister t2 for $9,500.00.

Since the T1 is long outdated I won't spend much time on it. It was a great machine with room for improvement. I certainly didn't dislike it, but it took a while to find its sweet spot. And to learn the tricks like, cold ice-water on the tumbler makes sure you don't loose so many trichs. With use came experience. One thing I really disliked was the fan on the T1 would sometimes jam or bog down when trimming large volumes of product due to trim buildup.

The t2 was everything I had hoped it would be. My company has owned several, renting them out during harvest to large caregiver cultivators and dispensaries who need them. The T2 is the T1 on steroids and whatever they gave wolverine in X-men. It's cut was much prettier than our T1's and lost even less trichomes while it's capacity was easily 3 to 5 times what the T1 could do. I was blown away by how many dispensaries returned rental t2s 2 and 3 days early because they blew through the harvest in such incredible record time! The only downside present in a T2 is the power supply. It still requires a dedicated 230 volt outlet to the vaccuum and a standard 110 volt outlet for the tumbler. I love the power the vaccuum has because of this, but it is a trade off. So, I'd recommend the T2 to large cultivators (15+ patients) and dispensaries looking to trim large volumes very quickly and with the top shelf accuracy your patients demand.

The *t4*- is a t2 with a slight accuracy boost, scaled down to an all-in-one table configuration. My one complaint about the T2 was addressed with the adoption of a scaled down power supply. The whole unit is run off a single 110/220 volt plug. However, cultivators beware! The T4 has less than half the capacity of a T2. That means that even one of our t2s has, will and continues to trim 15-20% more material per hour than both our t4s run in tandem. So, I recommend t4s to cultivators who enjoy cultivating for themselves and 5-20 patients. They will give you the topshelf accuracy your friends and family want AND bust through the garden fast enough that now harvest is an all day Saturday and maybe Sunday morning 1-3 person event. Rather than a week or more of 5-15 friends circled around your living room.

When you look at price though is where a lot of people start saying "but i could get 2 t4s for the cost of one brand new t2!" And they're not wrong (with t2s selling at 11-12k new and the t4 5-8k new) As previously stated, it all depends on your niche. The t4 is too scaled down for large scale cultivators and is more for the hobbyist caregiver, tending his friends med cards with some money to burn. The T2 is too large a unit for many small cultivators, but is unbelievable in its capacity and accuracy.

Either way twister's customer service is incredible. Having rented them out as a dealer, I have dealt with twister and their reps quite often and loved it 99% of the time. They have been known to have bulk shipping items (blades and tumblers etc) arrive in days instead of weeks like when I was renting out centurions.

Having recently moved, I am scaling back though and plan to shift personally to t4s. since I now have far fewer patients and no need for such capacity. Because I am scaling down to a t4, I plan to sell our newest T2. It was only rented less than 5 total hours and still has 20 months left out of its 2 year warranty. We're asking $8500.00 & the item is also listed on ebay for any interested in pictures or shipping.

Conclusion:
t1-oldie but a goodie: retired

T2- the pinnacle of large scale power trimmers.
(12 - 15k new)

T4- the pinnacle of power trimming, scaled down.
(5-8k new)

C

crocodile og

Good review with very good points.

The only other thing i feel needs to be said is that with the t4 the flowers have less distanceto fall in the tumbler. While i never used the t2 i imagine that this is an improvement and results in less potential for trich loss.

E

Elementalas

[QUOTE="crocodile og, post: 1354054, member: 60238"Good review with very good points.

The only other thing i feel needs to be said is that with the t4 the flowers have less distanceto fall in the tumbler. While i never used the t2 i imagine that this is an improvement and results in less potential for trich loss.[/QUOTE]
I'd have to agree with you about the distance, but it is a trade off with capacity. I also ment to mention that the t4 tube is also slightly smaller in diameter than the t2 which results in less surface area to rub on and lose trichs, but it means less can be run through at a time. thanks for the good review of my review man! ;) cheers!

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

Wish I would have seen your post about your T2 for sale. We just bought a new T4. The T4 is great but it does't have the capacity that we need. Would've bought yours in a heartbeat! The T4 definitely needs a second one to run in tandem for a nice trim.

E

Elementalas

Wish I would have seen your post about your T2 for sale. We just bought a new T4. The T4 is great but it does't have the capacity that we need. Would've bought yours in a heartbeat! The T4 definitely needs a second one to run in tandem for a nice trim.
I'd buy the t4 off you probably next month for 5k if you'd be willing to sell towards a t2? I have a couple t4s but wouldn't be opposed to owning the triple setup ;)

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

Unfortunately I'm from Canada and I believe we would have problems with customs trying to ship a used machine contaminated with residual product across the border.

Top Bottom