twisting growing tips

• Thread starter rara
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rara

:hi hi everyone - This is my first post as I have a problem with my mj & all of the growing tips are twisting.
I'll list how they are grown - this involves a long description: I hope I don't bore you
I am growing outdoors about 15 feminized standard plants. Everything has been fine up to now with the plants growing well: they range at between 90cm and 120cm in height although due to pinching out they are about a meter wide with between 10 and 20 growing tips.
To start with I dug some large holes about 50L and mixed the soil with some very rotted horse manure 50/50 (the manure about 5 years old, with the consistency of compost and with no ammonia smell) where I then placed the month old seedlings in April when they were about 15 cm high and that is where they have stayed.
I did not feed them until the beginning of June as I figured the horse manure would cover the nutes.

They are planted in the mountainous valleys behind my house in andalucia Spain. As they got bigger watering started to become a prob so I installed a black pipe irrigation system which in total involved around 300M of black 20 mm pipe for the main pipe then converting to 16m pipe around the plants with 2 4L an hour drips to each plant. This all runs from a 150 liter container using a 750W pump as I am able then to pH the water and add feeds through the system 150 L is then pumped to the 15 plants every 2 to 3 days.
I need to fine tune the system as the plants at the end of the line receive more water than the ones at the beginning of the line (strangely enough these are the plants most affected by the twisting shoots) but I'll get on with that this week.

Now the problem I have is that I started the drip system and the feeding at the same time so its not so easy to diagnose the problem if I list what I think the problems could be, any advice or experience would be appreciated .

1. feed issue
over the last two weeks they have been fed half strength vegetative food twice and after the problem started I gave them a feed of liquid humus (which they loved) 9%humic acid;7%fulvic acid

2:when I looked through a plant finder It seemed to come out as zinc deficiency through a ph imbalance. To be fair up to now I have not pH'd the water so I bought a kit yesterday and it came out at 7.5 which we all know isnt perfect although I just finished an auto crop from seed to harvest using the same water without encountering the same symptoms. (nb we did have a very wet spring though so these weren't reliant on tap watering as main source of water)

3:over watering ???????????? I don't think these are the symptoms of over watering but please correct me if I am wrong as the plants at the bottom of the line recieve more water than they need

4:Water too hot
as i said before im running over 300 meters of irrigation
as the main twisting of the shoots prob is at the bottom of the line could the water be too warm when it reaches the end of the system (we're running at 35 degrees here at the moment - would this cause those symptoms?

Any advice would be great: these plants were doing great and its a real shame to see them struggling now

S

supasticky

is the twisting looking like a tornado or cyclone type of twisting. What I mean to say is are the leaves twisting to the point that they dont look like mraijuana leaves anymore?

R

rara

is the twisting looking like a tornado or cyclone type of twisting. What I mean to say is are the leaves twisting to the point that they dont look like mraijuana leaves anymore?
between the two no they still look like cannabis leaves but the twisting is severe on the plamts at the bottom of the irrigation line
I guess like a tornado

Latest posts

Top Bottom