twisting leaves? Blue dream pics

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gettogro

here are some pics of my plants. They are blue dream in a UC style hydro system. My problem is the leaves are twisting a little and are droopy as well. Im not sure if what the deal is they are really green and growing well. They have been in veg for about 3 weeks. I have some indicas in the adjacent room with no issues at all with the same conditions. Roots look healthy and white.

H&G nutes 600 ppm
roots excelurator
room temps 78-80
res temp is 69
RH is 40- 45
ph 5.7-6.0

they are all clones off the same mother plant and all look the same. Im not sure maybee it just could be genitics, but if its a problem id like to fix it as soon as possible.
i_phone_105.JPG
i_phone_106.JPG
i_phone_107.JPG
i_phone_108.JPG
i_phone_115.JPG
i_phone_114.JPG
i_phone_113.JPG
i_phone_112.JPG

deacon1503

deacon1503

Are those Brute garbage cans? 40 gallon or so? With 3" pvc?

S

sfzoo

usually id suspect pH troubles, but you seem to have that in check. I've read that a high VPD will have leaves acting funny to reduce transpiration...but that is a shot in the dark, they actually look happy to me.

A

amstercal

I zoomed in on a part of a pic that interested me more (the leaf in the background with the spotting). Definitely some tip burn which is often too much nute. Could we see more/better pics of that plant? Are there more burnt tips on your plants like that? I've never personally seen spotting like that down the middle of the leaf. I'm sure someone else can help.

Definitely calibrate your pH meter, maybe start your drift a little lower, like 5.5? If you have a lot of burnt tips, maybe drop your ppms a smidge.

I wrote the above and then checked out your problem on the sick plant sticky and searched for "spot" and the excerpt below interested me. This is pure guess with no personal knowledge behind it, but I remember reading somewhere on here someone saying H&G runs hot on Iron. I don't know if that's true at all, but if they do, that kinda seems to fit with what you've got going on. Maybe take the sticky's advice and drop your pH to below 5.5 for a few days and monitor closely? Maybe that strain is just really sensitive to the Iron. Again, this is pure guess from reading other people's comments, but it certainly can't hurt to have your pH a little lower for a few days and see how it goes.

Too much Iron can cause a problem that looks like a PH imbalance, Brown spotting on the top leaves, mainly fan leaves. Can affect the whole plant. Iron Toxicity is rare for Ph below 5.5.

Picture 18
Billygoat

Billygoat

I'm running Blue Dream now. Will be harvesting them soon. I can say this and others in my area will agree. BD, is a fussy girl till you grow her a few times. I've got my girl sucking down 1100ppm but she's on the end of her cycle.

If it was me. I would flush with some water. I think your leafs are a little dark. You could have a lock out of some sort also. I'm running Canna coco A/B in their coco, so I couldn't say anything about H/G. Flush them and start over. Better safe then sorry. You don't want to keep loading them up. If they are locked up some sort. You will just make the problem worst and they might not bounce back.

One thing is for sure. I love this strain. Man, it's super frosty and some AWESOME when flowering out. Some very nice end product for sure. Good luck and let us know hos things turn out.
Take care,
BG

G

gettogro

First off, Thanks for the responses and the sugestions. This community is awesome and a big help...

usually id suspect pH troubles, but you seem to have that in check. I've read that a high VPD will have leaves acting funny to reduce transpiration...but that is a shot in the dark, they actually look happy to me.

thats what I was thinking, temp at 80 and rh at 40 gives me a VPD of 2.07 which is way too high. I have been misting them once and a while to see if it helps but doesent seem to help. On the other hand I see lots of other guys on here running low humidity as well without the ill effects. I have humidifiers on the way that will be here on monday. I want the rh to be around 65 or 70. On the other hand the indicas are doing fine with the high VDP in the other room. But it could be because the blue dream is mostly a sativa and would do better in a tropical climate.

Well I have started a flush with ro water and ph at 5.5.
I changed the water at 6pm today.
How long should I flush for?

Im thinking Ill change the water again tomorow night. And then ad nutes back in on sunday morning.
Is this long enough?

As far as the spotting goes. The spots are only showing on 1 plant on like 2 leaves, I got a better shot of the spots below. I hope I can fix it before it starts showing up on the others.

Well this is my plan so far.
Flush till Sunday
Add humidifiers on monday bring the vdp in an acceptable range, Rh around 65
see what happens.

Any other sugestions is very appriciated.

I also was wondering about CALMAG I see jack and BEN are using it. Should I get some??
SANY00022.JPG
SANY00031.JPG
SANY00041.JPG
SANY00051.JPG
SANY00091.JPG
SANY0008.JPG
SANY00071.JPG
SANY00101.JPG
SANY0011.JPG
SANY00121.JPG

S

sfzoo

^ the 4th pic from the top looks like classic Calcium def.

Jack uses Canna, so he would need CalMag. Not sure what BEN runs.

Keep a close eye on your humidity, don't wanna go and grow yourself some mold/mildew. Or just get eagle20 and do what you like with your humidty..

J

Jalisco Kid

What are you trying to gain flushing for so long? Hopefully by now you can see some yellowish green color in your tips. Color for the leafs in veg is not bad, the stretch will use up the N you have stored. JK

G

gettogro

Ok I flushed them with about 100ppm water for about 32 hours. I changed the the water again and added back the nutes. They defiantly seem to be doing better the leaves arent as droopy and have perked up quite a bit. I added nutes as follows.
150 gallons total
started at 70ppms, added CALMAG 300ml to 230ppms, Aqua flakes ab 350ml each, 150ml roots exculerator, 50 ml drip clean. ended at 530ppm total, Adjusted ph to 5.5. Running a little lower ph see what happens.

Thanks for the help and suggestions, Ill get some pics and report the progress tomorrow

O

OrganicIndalung

i had similar problem n i agree with the calmag shld do the trick n flushing of course always a good idea

JPLord01

JPLord01

I was useing H&G with my Blue Dream but they where not happy. So I went to AN and bingo off to the races. I started of at 300 ppm for veg then for bloom I ended with 600ppm. They do not like a lot of food. PH 5.8 room temp75 hum 55. With 3 1000s and 6 MPB setup I got 4lb and 1 oz.

D

DrGreenGenes

CalMag should help, but the results take a good week to full set in...immediate results though do begin right away with CalMag added in... It's not bad. Little purply stems, not that the CalMag is in the watch for the purply stems to go back to green.

G

gettogro

Thanks for all the help, I think they are doing fine now, I Not sure what exactly the problem was but I flushed for 30 hours added 150ppm of calmag and started them on weaker nutes aroung 450ppms and gradually brought them up to 620. I added some humidifiers to bring rh up from 40 to 60. They look much better now, I agree blue dream is a fussy girl.

This was a 8 days ago

SANY00121.JPG

And these are today

SANY00032.JPG
SANY00042.JPG
SANY00052.JPG
SANY00061.JPG
SANY00072.JPG
SANY00081.JPG
SANY00151.JPG
SANY00161.JPG
SANY00171.JPG
SANY00181.JPG
SANY00191.JPG
SANY00212.JPG
SANY00222.JPG
SANY00251.JPG
SANY00241.JPG
SANY00232.JPG
SANY00281.JPG
SANY0027.JPG
SANY00261.JPG

I think they are fine now

F

FARM THIS

setup looks great ... but it looks like they are still drooping a little bit !! could just be the strain though

R

randude

I found this thread because I was googling problems with Blue Dream. One poster said that Blue Dream has some funky growth and to me that is the best way to describe it. I am a soil grower so my situation is a little different than yours, but I believe my ferts were too hot, too much N. I cut back on that after a week of stunted for funky growth and it seems to be coming back. It may just be that BD doesn't like too my N. Some plants are like that, and it seems to be the sativa dominate strains IMO.

O

OG4UanME

Gettogrow, hey bro, just trying to help could be wrong very hard to say anything when not looking at em in person but sadly both older pics and last severe 1 look earely? simialar to my plants wich took me a full year of experimenting to find out 2 weeks ago that 100% broad mites! yes i know theres tons of people running around claiming this, however living in the north these mites seem to be more common, all im saying is do yourself a favor and scope the shit out of your new growth, bottoms mostly along the edge were theres a slight edge curl. everything im seeing has been seen in my garden. i hope for your sake im wrong but... depending on your scope 60-100 youll be hard pressed to see anything move atleast thats my experience, good luck bro! its not u ncommon to think you dont have bugs bec of how small and well they hide, however the rate of early to last pic progression you should be able to see something. if u start to see chewed leaves then likely u have them gl.

O

OG4UanME

Sorry bro didnt realize that last pic wasnt yours, but i still stand by my statement, however it will be harder to identify them atleast at earlier pics stage. last pic is the progression i seen with mine to a Tee.

Top Bottom