Twisting, Taco leaves, please help 🙏🙏

• Thread starter Sensemilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sensemilla

Sensemilla

Hey!!

I hope everyone is doing good and having a blessed week 🙏🫡. I’m Sorry for this long ass message but I have learnt from posting in this group that it’s better to put in as much detail as possible. To anyone that takes the time to read this, I really appreciate any help 🙏

One of my mother plants is struggling a bit 😭. It started a couple days ago. The pics provided were taken at night and this strain does droop a little at night.

At first I suspected my PH was off because of the twisted leaves, so fed the plants just PH’ed water at PH 6 till I got some run off. The last bit of run off measured at a PH of 6.4. I don’t usually measure run off because I know it can fluctuate in coco, but I wanted to check to see. After seeing the elevated PH, I flushed the plant with a flushing agent with 3x the pot size, but the Ph just didn’t drop. I then dropped the ph to 4.5 to see if I could drop and it didn’t 😭. I honestly couldn’t flush it anymore.
The following day I gave it a feed of Epsom salts at an EC of 0.8

I usually water this plant everyday sometimes 2x per day And it’s seemed to be thriving along with my other plants. I’ve read about letting coco & perlite mixes dry before feeding again but I have seen better results with keeping it moist. I went away for a couple days and my pots got dry and this is when the problem started. Or could this just be coincidence?

Then After sitting and staring at the plant for like an hour, stoned obviously, I thought that it could be due to the lights being too intense?. I thought this because of the taco leaves and the magnesium stripping between leaves. It’s also mostly the top leaves that are really effective, not so much on the bottom. I don’t know what to do if it is lights because it’s on the lowest setting and they are as high as they can go from the canopy.

I have a clone of this plant and it is doing the exact same thing..

Here’s a little info about the grow:
*I’m growing in coco/perlite mix with some added worm castings.
* PH of feed 6.1, EC - 1.2
* my lights are 1000W LED but they have been set onto 200W
* The plant is in a 10L fabric pot
* I water everyday till 20% run off.
* Temps between 24-28’C and RH 60-75 %
* the temps of my water when I feed is 23-25’C

Have a great day.

Twisting taco leaves please help
Twisting taco leaves please help 2
Twisting taco leaves please help 3
PooToe

PooToe

I'm not a coco grower but do they need water everyday? Have you tried every other day?
Agreed. Maybe skip one day out of the week to give them a chance to dry back a little. If they like it maybe increase it to two times a week to see how they react. If they don't like it go back to skipping one day a week.

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

I'm not a coco grower but do they need water everyday? Have you tried every other day?
I have tried every other day too and do start with that when I have seedlings or new clones. From what I have read about coco is that it needs to stay moist so prevent salt build up and to keep the PH more stable. As soon as the coco dries up, the salts become solids and dehydrate the plant and cause the PH and EC to fluctuate. When I was feeding my plants on a daily basis they were thriving. Once I let the pots dry out, this started happening.

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

Agreed. Maybe skip one day out of the week to give them a chance to dry back a little. If they like it maybe increase it to two times a week to see how they react. If they don't like it go back to skipping one day a week.
It seems like once I let them dry back a little this started happening.

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

Here are two plants in the same tent that I feed everyday regardless of wether the top layer of soil is dry or the pot feels lighter. I could be wrong but to me, these look healthy.

C23454C6 57A4 46AF 8460 FD03F062DF20
AA4CEDEF 9057 4B0F B25E 92BB33597815
PooToe

PooToe

Yup. They look good. Unfortunately, we're dealing with live plants so some are late bloomers and grow erratically at first.

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

Yup. They look good. Unfortunately, we're dealing with live plants so some are late bloomers and grow erratically at first.
Late bloomer? The plant i am referring to in the first pic is over the phase of being a late bloomer, it’s a mature plant. I’ve taken clones from it on two different occasions. I grew one of the clones out to more or less the same size and the leaves on the clone showed the same issue.

PooToe

PooToe

Late bloomer? The plant i am referring to in the first pic is over the phase of being a late bloomer, it’s a mature plant. I’ve taken clones from it on two different occasions. I grew one of the clones out to more or less the same size and the leaves on the clone showed the same issue.
Are all the plants in your tent from the same mother? What I meant by late bloomer is some plants go into a finicky stage and then grow out of it even within the same cultivar.

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

Are all the plants in your tent from the same mother? What I meant by late bloomer is some plants go into a finicky stage and then grow out of it even within the same cultivar.
Oh, ok I got you. Nope, I have a few different strains going. But this one and it’s clone are doing the same thing, they do it once they reach a certain height it seems. This is the only strain that is doing it.

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

Hey!!

I hope everyone is doing good and having a blessed week 🙏🫡. I’m Sorry for this long ass message but I have learnt from posting in this group that it’s better to put in as much detail as possible. To anyone that takes the time to read this, I really appreciate any help 🙏

One of my mother plants is struggling a bit 😭. It started a couple days ago. The pics provided were taken at night and this strain does droop a little at night.

At first I suspected my PH was off because of the twisted leaves, so fed the plants just PH’ed water at PH 6 till I got some run off. The last bit of run off measured at a PH of 6.4. I don’t usually measure run off because I know it can fluctuate in coco, but I wanted to check to see. After seeing the elevated PH, I flushed the plant with a flushing agent with 3x the pot size, but the Ph just didn’t drop. I then dropped the ph to 4.5 to see if I could drop and it didn’t 😭. I honestly couldn’t flush it anymore.
The following day I gave it a feed of Epsom salts at an EC of 0.8

I usually water this plant everyday sometimes 2x per day And it’s seemed to be thriving along with my other plants. I’ve read about letting coco & perlite mixes dry before feeding again but I have seen better results with keeping it moist. I went away for a couple days and my pots got dry and this is when the problem started. Or could this just be coincidence?

Then After sitting and staring at the plant for like an hour, stoned obviously, I thought that it could be due to the lights being too intense?. I thought this because of the taco leaves and the magnesium stripping between leaves. It’s also mostly the top leaves that are really effective, not so much on the bottom. I don’t know what to do if it is lights because it’s on the lowest setting and they are as high as they can go from the canopy.

I have a clone of this plant and it is doing the exact same thing..

Here’s a little info about the grow:
*I’m growing in coco/perlite mix with some added worm castings.
* PH of feed 6.1, EC - 1.2
* my lights are 1000W LED but they have been set onto 200W
* The plant is in a 10L fabric pot
* I water everyday till 20% run off.
* Temps between 24-28’C and RH 60-75 %
* the temps of my water when I feed is 23-25’C

Have a great day.
My next guess would be to pot up into a 20L pot and see if that makes a difference.

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

Your lights could also stand to be turned down some. You are starting to pull all the mag out of the medium too.
I said in the description that the lights are on the lowest setting and they can’t go any higher

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

Thank you for the response @Captspaulding They are 1000w lights that have been turned down to 200w, the lowest setting.
What if I put the plants that are effected outside of the tent with the tent doors open so that the light is not directly on them and see how they go doing that ? Just trying to figure out what the best way forward is

Newty

Newty

What if I put the plants that are effected outside of the tent with the tent doors open so that the light is not directly on them and see how they go doing that ? Just trying to figure out what the best way forward is
Can you just raise the light more? As long as the other plants that are not effected don't start stretching or anything.

If you leave the door open you will be taking light away from other plants anyways because there won't be as much reflection so I would just see what happens if you raise the light.

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

H
Can you just raise the light more? As long as the other plants that are not effected don't start stretching or anything.

If you leave the door open you will be taking light away from other plants anyways because there won't be as much reflection so I would just see what happens if you raise the light.
Hey thanks again for helping out. I mentioned that the lights are as high as they can go. I have zip tied them to the frame of the tent so they can’t go any higher unfortunately. Puzzling here 😆

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
H

Hey thanks again for helping out. I mentioned that the lights are as high as they can go. I have zip tied them to the frame of the tent so they can’t go any higher unfortunately. Puzzling here 😆
Yea man you can totally do that, placing them outside the open door. I used to do that to harden off my plants before putting them in full blast. Good thinking.

Top Bottom