twitter can tell you when to water with this.DIY.

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ever after

Ever after

one of the models i think in the first link needs a new mother board or something i couldn't find the( xport shield )what ever that hell it is i think its some kind of mother board the xport or usb port slips in to anyway if someone can find a substitute for some of this extremely expensive stuff maybe we can work together to make it work
i mean for people that just have 6 coco or soil plants thats going to be like almost 6 hundred dollars to check each one with the live twitter feed so maybe its not worth it maybe getting one is because most likely if one is dry they all are getting dry CHIME IN!!

jagle

jagle

ok, so that Xport stuff is to offer USB(or ethernet) cable function from the plant to the arduino card at the pc. while not neccessary there would defo be a way to do this cheaper.

why not use the same design, but instead of converting to ethernet to travel to the pc, just hardwire the connections from the board, to the arduino at the pc end. also moving the pc into the grow room, or a sepperate pc in the grow room for this purpose would be best. i was thinking something like a mac mini, you could have your ardunio sensing plant wetness, grow room temps and humidity, you could even set up a camera and ssl into the pc to watch em grow while away

Top Bottom