Two in one bucket

• Thread starter FlyingW
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyingW

FlyingW

I put two clones in the same bucket. One in the front is Mandarin Dreams, in the back Road Kill. They are receiving the exact same treatment, makes for an interesting grow.
Two in one bucket
Two in one bucket 2
Two in one bucket 3

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

In soil I did two in one container were healthy as till mid flower when one took all the nutrients and the other died. Will be interesting to see how they go

FlyingW

FlyingW

In soil I did two in one container were healthy as till mid flower when one took all the nutrients and the other died. Will be interesting to see how they go
They are three weeks into flower and the Mandarin Dreams is lagging behind about 5 days from when the first sign of flowering. But both flowers look healthy.

FlyingW

FlyingW

Subbed wanna see if these girls make it.
Hope they still want the same when you flip.
Good luck.
They are three weeks into flower and the Mandarin Dreams is lagging behind about 5 days from when the first sign of flowering. But both flowers look healthy.

WankirA

WankirA

You treating those red stems or is it a genetic trait? (Is that the same one lagging?)

FlyingW

FlyingW

Not sure about if it's genetics, but all the new growth stems are green and the red is slow changing to green. I'm still new to growing, what's the reason for the red stems? My last grow had red stems and turned out great, good yield and nice size buds.

WankirA

WankirA

Its not always but can be signs of stress, light: esp led/temp swings/nute etc. Sounds like its maybe not in tour case (but you didn't mention if it was the one lagging) always good practice to rule it out for peace of mind.

However it could also be genetic trait or even, get this, sunburn!

FlyingW

FlyingW

Its not always but can be signs of stress, light: esp led/temp swings/nute etc. Sounds like its maybe not in tour case (but you didn't mention if it was the one lagging) always good practice to rule it out for peace of mind.

However it could also be genetic trait or even, get this, sunburn!
Thanks, I keep lights 24 inches above canopy, exhaust system is controlled by temp sensor so it's a constant temp of between 71 to 74 degrees. Res. temp runs 68 to 73 degrees, nutrients at 530s ppm. There two different strains so I guessed there would be a difference in how they advanced. Thanks for your input it really helps.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Thanks, I keep lights 24 inches above canopy, exhaust system is controlled by temp sensor so it's a constant temp of between 71 to 74 degrees. Res. temp runs 68 to 73 degrees, nutrients at 530s ppm. There two different strains so I guessed there would be a difference in how they advanced. Thanks for your input it really helps.
I would personally bring my ambient temperature up, it looks like you are using LED and I would aim for ambient temperatures closer to 80 degrees. I would also move the light closer, more like 12-18" inches off the top of the plant; but that is a bit dependent upon the quality of the lighting unit.

Also your target temperature for your reservoir is 68 degrees. Swings between 66 and 70 are ok, but up at 73 you are likely stressing the plants. 68 is the ideal number because that is the temperature of the water that will hold the most dissolved oxygen, at 73 that temperature the dissolved oxygen is low enough to start stressing the plants. Before you tell me you have an air stone in there, that does not improve the ability of the water to hold the dissolved oxygen, it comes down to temperature. Air stones are important because they do increase the amount of oxygen getting into the reservoir but that does not mean the water is able to hold onto that oxygen where it is available for the roots.

Neither of these parameters are going to keep you from growing good plants, but they are two point of improvement that you could make to grow exceptional plants.

FlyingW

FlyingW

I would personally bring my ambient temperature up, it looks like you are using LED and I would aim for ambient temperatures closer to 80 degrees. I would also move the light closer, more like 12-18" inches off the top of the plant; but that is a bit dependent upon the quality of the lighting unit.

Also your target temperature for your reservoir is 68 degrees. Swings between 66 and 70 are ok, but up at 73 you are likely stressing the plants. 68 is the ideal number because that is the temperature of the water that will hold the most dissolved oxygen, at 73 that temperature the dissolved oxygen is low enough to start stressing the plants. Before you tell me you have an air stone in there, that does not improve the ability of the water to hold the dissolved oxygen, it comes down to temperature. Air stones are important because they do increase the amount of oxygen getting into the reservoir but that does not mean the water is able to hold onto that oxygen where it is available for the roots.

Neither of these parameters are going to keep you from growing good plants, but they are two point of improvement that you could make to grow exceptional plants.
Thanks for the input, res. only climbs to 73 degrees ever so often and not for long. I keep it at 68 degrees with frozen rubbermade packs, they work great as long as I don't run the room temp above 74 degrees which is controlled by a thermal switch for the exhaust fan. Can't afford a chiller right now. This is my third grow two soil and now DWC, which so far I like better. This time I'm a lot happier with this system, plants look better and I like controlling what the plant needs in the moment. Learning so much, next one I should be able to dial them in faster. Again thanks.

I'm going to lower the lights closer and bring room temp up and see what happens.

Last edited:
MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

I wouldn't sweat the swing between 68 and 73 degrees in a rez. The actual change in DO is minimal to say the least. And what your roots don't pick up from the DO in the water, they pick up from the bubbles rising to the surface from your stones. You don't have to believe me. I've read through enough grow journals of others who say the same. There's always going to parameters for indoor environments to shoot for. Being off by hair won't be the end of the world. 68f=20c, 73f=22c.. As the chart shows, its minimal in amount of actual DO saturation.(.5mg/L)

Main qimg 8bfb1d7c81fc35dc8eccb8c7e9580591

Latest posts

Top Bottom