Two new farmers ! For a grow tent

• Thread starter Framboisier
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Framboisier

Hi everyone !

As a Francophone I get quickly lost on all those interstings topic trying to find answers :).

Me and my gf are pissed of paying for our consommation so we decided to start a grow op' in our small flat.

I thought about a 2x2x4.5 grow tent but I don't really know how it works in terms of production, how many plants can I grow in it for what quantities and what other material I will need to make it works.

What I need is basically a list of what I will have to purchase in order to complete my grow'op for our personal use and advices and opinion if it would be sufficient for couple of smokers :D ?

Thank in advance and Apologies if the topic was not well placed or already been treated.

See ya Mr Strawberry

Legion

Legion

Well, you're sort of like me. I run a basic set up that keeps me stocked as long as I don't get lazy.. I run a 400 in a 2x2 ish area but I have 8 feet of height to play with.

If you're in this middle area where it's going to cost a few bucks to get going and that size is sort of in the middle of a 250 and 400 watt light. 250 will be easier but with less yield. By easier I mean the heat will be easier to handle and for someone new you're going to want the least amount of headaches possible.

So, let's start with the tent that you have.

A good set up:

250 digial ballast and bulb.
small 6" air cooled hood. (day star by hydrofarm)

If you can find a 2x2 tray that will sit in there nice then that would work otherwise you're stuck with trays for each pot.

I'd do 4 perfect pots under the lamp, they should fit nicely in the 2x2 tray.

I'd go with a good basic soil and some good base nutes like flora nova by general hydroponics and a few additives to pep it up a bit. Bud swell in flower for sure, a little bat guano tea never hurts.

You're going to want a few fans. One to move air around in the tent so a small clip fan works great for that. Keeps the air moving and making contact with the leaves. And another fan to move the hot air out of the room and suck cold air in or you can blow cold air in and force hot air out. General rule of thumb is hot air out at the top and cool air in at the bottom.

You'll need a bunch of little things too. Watering cans, measuring devices, timers, meters, among other things.

In general you can spent as much as you want. But might be able to get going for a few hundred bucks and up. (us dollars)

It's not cheap but once you're up and running for a while it kicks in and you start to save. Not just money but time chasing and dealing with dealers..

Just remember the first two rules of growing.

1. Don't tell anyone.
2. Really, don't tell anyone..

Take care,
L

M

mellokitty

i would recommend you find a good book and figure out what really works for you based on the space you've selected. another good resource is the "microgrow" section in the "indoor gardening" forum, right here.

the most important factors IMO, are:
-lightproofing. you can buy a premade tent or DIY with black-and-white poly (cheaper); you won't be harvesting anything if you get busted/ripped off because of light leakage.
-ditto smellproofing, which brings us to:
-ventilation, ventilation, ventilation. air exchange is tres important for happy plants, and, unfortunately, that means "smelly air out, fresh air in" which means you're probably going to want an airscrubber of some sort. most folks i know prefer to blow the air through charcoal filters on their exhaust before it goes outside. charcoal filters can be big and clumsy and expensive, but for a small tent you can even make your own (there are instructions for a great one under "the Dank Desk" thread in the "microgrow" section). you can buy activated charcoal at lots of grow shops these days.

definitely worth the effort.
bonne chance a votre nouvelle ferme 'heureuse' ! ;)

convex

convex

I assume you are in Quebec?

If so, see if there is Que-Pousse store near you.
Very helpful staff in these stores and they usually have floor displays for you to compare tents and styles of growing.

Once you decide on system / style, there are folks here to help :)

Bonne chance!!

Convex

Top Bottom