Two phase harvest auto flower

• Thread starter Pimpinjim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimpinjim

Hello everyone new to the forum. I did my first outdoor grow this year And my first two phase harvest. The strain in question is blue mammoth auto by Barney’s farm. I let the buds fully mature before harvest maybe even possibly to much for the top buds so I harvested the top half of the plants and left behind the bottom half so they could mature more. I cut the rest of the plant about a week and a half later after I took the first cut. I let it dry and just put it in jars today and one thing became very clear to me the smell of the bottom half that went about a week longer then the top smelled significantly better far more intense pure and clean is the best way I can describe it. Has anyone else had this experience and do you know what causes the big difference? Would the whole plant have smelled the same way had I waited another week to harvest it?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Pics of the plant and colas and top and bottom. What I’d like to see is the trichomes

Northernpop

Northernpop

Hi Pimpinjim,

I'm going to do this for my green poison, in a day or two. Then continue to flower the lower unripe buds for a further 10 ish days. I'll post my findings soon.

Happy growing.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Ok, yes i am allways harvesting my autos sequentially! For some reason they allways seem ready up top first, a tip if you are going to be growing green poison xxl by sweet i and someone on the autoflower network are having problems with this strain, a i do not consider this strain to be xxl while the plant is not smallish it is not that tall, we both ended up with indica dom short squat plants that refuse to flower, background, i have been running autos only for over 8 years and sweet is pretty much my fav breeder, im finishing a bath of 3 gelato plants by sweet smallish low yield plants but no real problems see pics, by day 28 you should see some flower not much but by this time a bit, so what can one do? Well i went over the plant and there are no vertical spikes at my nodes this along with female pistols in the right place tells me this is NOT a true bunk auto, a true bunk auto will never flower no matter what you do, now sweet seeds uses allot less rundelis then other breeders abot 4% compaired to other auto breeders at 10% so i have come accross this problem with this breeder so if by day 30 your green poison will not flower your beans probably came from the same batch, there is only one thing you can do you have to cut your light cycle and see if you can trick your plant into flower, sometimes it works sometimes it does not, it would be a shame as it is a good looking plant. pic 1 thru 3 is gelato by sweet 4th pic is green poison xxl at day 30, by cutting the light i will know very soon if that green poison is bunk, autos are tricky fussy little bitches, blue mystic is northern lights a high yield auto, how much weed did you get off a plant outdoors? If you continue to grow autoflowers you will find Sweet is a great breeder and i have grown many strains by them but some of them are really fussy and not so easy to grow as blue mystic.

20191008 172156
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

My bad blue mamoth what was your outdoor yield per plant? I have been wanting to try barnys farm,

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yea northern lights and Williams wonder i dont buy skunk strains beacuse cultivation is illegal thats why i have so much experience with autos, they tend to smell less but not allways i have had some real stinkers gelato not to bad, i hear barnys farm is a great breeder just have not got around to them, i like sweet , methisto, serious seeds, budda, and mdanzig if you can find them. Well nice to meet ya!

Northernpop

Northernpop

Cheers Edinburgh, I don't use autos as I usually scrog, and autos flower too fast, but didn't need to with this green poison. If you see my pics you'll see the buds I want to put back in the sun. The tops are fine. I think 7 to 10 days should make a small, but worthwhile harvest.

Happy growing.
IMG 20191009 122608

IMG 20191009 122637
Top Bottom