Two Plant Manifold Grow

• Thread starter Tomcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BinkyPiler

BinkyPiler

This has been an awesome read this far! Thanks for posting this. I've been curious about all this mainlining and new age jargon I've been hearing about. After doing some research I learned a lil bit, but was more confused. After reading this and seeing your pictures, I've got a much better grasp on what's going on. My questions are; is this setup used due to grow area constrictions? The reflective material below the plant has always been something to avoid from what I've been taught. Thanks for posting. I look forward to seeing how they turn out!

Tomcat

Tomcat

This has been an awesome read this far! Thanks for posting this. I've been curious about all this mainlining and new age jargon I've been hearing about. After doing some research I learned a lil bit, but was more confused. After reading this and seeing your pictures, I've got a much better grasp on what's going on. My questions are; is this setup used due to grow area constrictions? The reflective material below the plant has always been something to avoid from what I've been taught. Thanks for posting. I look forward to seeing how they turn out!
Thanks for the reply. Yes the manifold grow is due to size constraints. I use the reflective tape on the bucket and reflective cover on the lid to help keep water temps down and keep light from getting to my grow medium and causing algea.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Lights off
20160724 195957

BinkyPiler

BinkyPiler

Thanks for the reply. Yes the manifold grow is due to size constraints. I use the reflective tape on the bucket and reflective cover on the lid to help keep water temps down and keep light from getting to my grow medium and causing algea.
I used to cover my water res to keep the light out. To help prevent algae blooms and what not. I just thought you didn't want light reflecting up to the underside of the leaves.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Ok so I have run into an issue with some aphids. Found larvea on the top portion of the roots above the water line. Did a little internet research and I had none of the products recommended so I did an experiment of my own. First I sprayed the little bastards with neem oil and let that sit for 1 minute, then I filled a bucket with hot water, approx 110 degrees and let the roots sit in it for a few minutes, rinsed with cold water and it appeared the were dead, or at least no longer moving. I then cleaned my dwc bucket and mixed a new batch of nutes. Sprayed my tent and plants with neem and put 1 Hot Shot No Pest Strip in the tent and one outside in the room. Hopefully I havent killed the plant. We shall see over the next day or so. Only saw them on the White Widow.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Still fighting these root aphids. Got some Gnatrol and azamaz today. Going to add the gnatrol to the reservoir tomorrow and do a drench of the rockwool using azamax. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Popped two Sweet Tooth beans on Friday. Soaked in a shot glass for 48hrs and then to a wet paper towel and success with both. I moved them into ph adjusted rockwool cubes this morning.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Nirvana white widow.....she's had some issues that Im pretty sure have stunted her growth. Wk2 12/12
20160804 193508
20160804 193416

Tomcat

Tomcat

Switched out the water on the nightmare og and upped the nutes to 1000 ppm or 1.4 ec. She is drinking alot. Temps staying about 78f and 52%RH. The White Widow, well thats a different story. Keeping her at 1/4 strength. She seems to burn easy. Going to let her keep going, but she's not going to be a big yielder due to her earlier issues.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Nightmare OG 16 days since 12/12. 24" tall from the top of the manifold base.
20160809 185734
20160809 190003
20160809 185754
20160809 185709

Top Bottom