two questions! gavita and ceiling joist ???

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Hey guys doing a fresh buildout and have a few questions. For a room with a 14' spread what size ceiling joist should I use for the framing. The ceiling will hold a large carbon scrubber and 12 gavitas.

Also I've been seeing the hype with the 750DE fixtures. Besides the new E ballast tech would dimming the regular 1000w model to 750w be the exact same or did they redesign the footprint of the fixture?

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Thanks alot dude. Another question for anyone I have 9' ceilings and was just going to run them at 750 over each trey. Or would 9' be enough headway to run 1150 if I keep my lamps on the ceiling and my treys a few inches above the ground?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Thanks alot dude. Another question for anyone I have 9' ceilings and was just going to run them at 750 over each trey. Or would 9' be enough headway to run 1150 if I keep my lamps on the ceiling and my treys a few inches above the ground?
You could run 1000's with 9' ceilings. You need to shoot for 40" spacing from canopy to fixture. I would buy the 1000's and just dim if your strain gets out of hand. Only problem is the next batch of 1000's (E-Series) wont be here until Sept.

I know of an alternative, if you're interested hit me up...

Top Bottom