Two Questions

• Thread starter Two.Bears
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

1. Hss anyone used The fabric pots called root pouches? Was thinking of getting a bundle of 25 3 gallon root pouches.

2. Anyone tried growing an Indica/Ruderalis cross.

I will be growing in a green house and was thinking of this cross for smaller plants.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Indica ruderalis cross would be low thc auto, you can keep plants small by cropping, training and if you are doing a light dep gh you just start flowering them early and they won't get that big.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Indica ruderalis cross would be low thc auto, you can keep plants small by cropping, training and if you are doing a light dep gh you just start flowering them early and they won't get that big.
I know they don't have the THC of a Sativa; but i use low THC high CBD to help me deal with the pain of Chrons.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

You can get some really tasty high cbd strains, size only becomes an issue when you veg too long.
There are two MMJ patients and we can have a total of 12 plants each. We will be growing in a green house, abd need to keep everything' small and contained. Thats why i was thinking ruderslis/indica cross, and limiting them further by using 3 gallon root pounces for pots. I thought they would be a good choice because of mesh bottom that allows good drainage so air can get at roots.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Scrog is the way to go for limited space. I would just use cloth pots, you can even use cloth shopping bags like the blue ones from walmart. The rectangle shape of the reusable bag fits better in smaller places and they have extra long handles for moving them.
When you get them big enough you put up the scrog and weave the branches through the net and cut off all of the growth below the net. If you do it correctly your screen will be covered in top colas, maximizing your use of space.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
A flat scrog may work better for you but this is a good tutorial on the basics of why and how to tuck and weave the branches through the net. After all of the lower growth catches up you lollypop everything below the screen and then you are left with nothing but even height top cola buds.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

A flat scrog may work better for you but this is a good tutorial on the basics of why and how to tuck and weave the branches through the net. After all of the lower growth catches up you lollypop everything below the screen and then you are left with nothing but even height top cola buds.
Thanks for the tip about Scroging but i'm hesitant to go there because if i have a disease or bugs or sonething else. I don't want to damage the ladies getting in to see what is going on

Thanks for the tip about using reusable grocery bags that WILL help a LOT. Also keep polyethelene out of the land fill.

I had already decided yo top the ladies about 3 times. Going from 1 to 8 tops per plant and about a week before flower was going to lollypop them where only the top 9-10 inches of the plants were left. So they arent feeding a mass of useless leaves.

Next spring will be my first GROW but trying to learn all i can.

There was three reasons considering Indica/Ruderalis plant.

1. Smaller plants
2. Auto flower
3. Only 60+ days to maturity.

I also know you want the trichomes yo be 20% amber, abd 50% cloudy.

Since next year will be my first grow could you recommend some good nutriemts.

I know they need Honey of mollases before flower ing.

I have probably read about a dozen grow books in the last 3-4 months since i was given this opportunity.

I have Jorge Cervantes (SP) big book on growing. I was going dig into that 2-3 weeks before starting the GROW.

I know when cloning you need rooting hormone is IT true than in a pinch and you don't have rooting hormone you can use Honey as rooting hormone

I intend to have rooting hormone. I was planning on a cut with Xacto knife or razor blade then do a second cut about 1/8 inch above the girdty cut but this second cut will be done under water to prevent an embolism (hope i spelled it correctly.

Thanks for helping a soon to be newbie.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Thanks for the tip about Scroging but i'm hesitant to go there because if i have a disease or bugs or sonething else. I don't want to damage the ladies getting in to see what is going on

Thanks for the tip about using reusable grocery bags that WILL help a LOT. Also keep polyethelene out of the land fill.

I had already decided yo top the ladies about 3 times. Going from 1 to 8 tops per plant and about a week before flower was going to lollypop them where only the top 9-10 inches of the plants were left. So they arent feeding a mass of useless leaves.

Next spring will be my first GROW but trying to learn all i can.

There was three reasons considering Indica/Ruderalis plant.

1. Smaller plants
2. Auto flower
3. Only 60+ days to maturity.

I also know you want the trichomes yo be 20% amber, abd 50% cloudy.

Since next year will be my first grow could you recommend some good nutriemts.

I know they need Honey of mollases before flower ing.

I have probably read about a dozen grow books in the last 3-4 months since i was given this opportunity.

I have Jorge Cervantes (SP) big book on growing. I was going dig into that 2-3 weeks before starting the GROW.

I know when cloning you need rooting hormone is IT true than in a pinch and you don't have rooting hormone you can use Honey as rooting hormone

I intend to have rooting hormone. I was planning on a cut with Xacto knife or razor blade then do a second cut about 1/8 inch above the girdty cut but this second cut will be done under water to prevent an embolism (hope i spelled it correctly.

Thanks for helping a soon to be newbie.
You would do 2 or 4 small scrogs on frames with a certain number of plants under each so that you could get between them to prune and such. Wood or pvc frames with string attached through holes works.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

@Two.Bears I hate to breaak the news to you, but those books, Cervantes included, are only good for wiping your cornhole. We clone VERY often with water into 16oz cups with coco and perlite at 50/50. 10 days to root and beyond organic. The best, safest cloning method we have come across we use aloe vera powder/juice from Build a Soil and Azos nitrogen fizing bacteria. 5-7 days to roots, nearly 100% success since switching to this method. You don't even NEED the aloe, it jsut helps.

If you plan to grow in soil, I would read a few books on how soil works and the soil food web, I doubt you would need any additional nutrients save for maybe a single top dress of EWC for the size of plants you plan to grow. Cheers!

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

@Two.Bears I hate to breaak the news to you, but those books, Cervantes included, are only good for wiping your cornhole. We clone VERY often with water into 16oz cups with coco and perlite at 50/50. 10 days to root and beyond organic. The best, safest cloning method we have come across we use aloe vera powder/juice from Build a Soil and Azos nitrogen fizing bacteria. 5-7 days to roots, nearly 100% success since switching to this method. You don't even NEED the aloe, it jsut helps.

If you plan to grow in soil, I would read a few books on how soil works and the soil food web, I doubt you would need any additional nutrients save for maybe a single top dress of EWC for the size of plants you plan to grow. Cheers!
The first few grows will be done in soil.

Just trying to get as prepared as i can.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Mainlining may be practical for you to keep your plants short yet increase yield (compared to a short 1 cola plant) and requires much less attention when compared to a scrog.

str8smokn

str8smokn

If your going to grow Autos ,there won't be any clipping of limbs/branches.
Only photo plants can be manipulated like that. Autos just need to be pulled opened,some Bondage does them good.
There's a AUTO section on here under the GROW DIARIES section.
3 gallon pots will be just fine for Autos,and they have come along way.
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

This was a Paradise seeds Auto WHITEBERRY I grew out.
Nice frost and flavor.
Check out my first thread in my signature down there.
STR8

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I wouldn't scrog in a greenhouse application either sounds like your 3 gallon pots as long as you start them small should be fine you will be able to move them around easily
That was my thought. I don't want to damage them if there is a pest problem.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Mainlining may be practical for you to keep your plants short yet increase yield (compared to a short 1 cola plant) and requires much less attention when compared to a scrog.
I hope to have 4-8 colas per plant. If the colas get too heavy i may assist by tying twine to a stake to support the colas.

H

hawkman

Distance from top of soil to net? thanks !

Homesteader

Homesteader

If you are planning on growing plants that small you may want to just skip the greenhouse and go get some ag-19 row cover and build a bed to go underneath and save yourself the heat hassle. Just my two cents

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Distance from top of soil to net? thanks !
Depends on how long you plan on vegging b4 you flip, I would put it right overtop of the canopy after the first topping and then weave the branches through as they grew up through the scrog.
Some clones may need topped 5 inches from the soil, plants from seed may grow 2 feet tall b4 needing to be topped so it really depends on your plants.
The main points of using scrog is for more top bud sites and an even canopy for even light distribution.

H

hawkman

Depends on how long you plan on vegging b4 you flip, I would put it right overtop of the canopy after the first topping and then weave the branches through as they grew up through the scrog.
Some clones may need topped 5 inches from the soil, plants from seed may grow 2 feet tall b4 needing to be topped so it really depends on your plants.
The main points of using scrog is for more top bud sites and an even canopy for even light distribution.
Thanks for your great answer - doing LST with very good results but maybe a SCROG more pots might give better yields (5 gallon at least 6 compared to 3 - 10 gallon ? thought's Thanks could double the # of pot if used 3 gallon (12)

Top Bottom