Two Tents, Combining Ventalation .

• Thread starter Jeff stark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you make a duct for exhaust for half the window and leave the other half for intake ventilation, you should be able to use the exhaust pressure of one fan to also pull fresh air into the window and cool the room. Or use one window for exhaust and crack the other to draw in fresh air.

J

Jeff stark

If you make a duct for exhaust for half the window and leave the other half for intake ventilation, you should be able to use the exhaust pressure of one fan to also pull fresh air into the window and cool the room. Or use one window for exhaust and crack the other to draw in fresh air.
Unfortunately I only have one window in the room. And I just found out that the window is stuck. Its a huge glass and metal window about 10 feet tall. And I'm not sure if the thing it slides on broke but it will not budge. I'm gonna have to go get a crow bar and pry it open it looks like. Then use a car jack and open it up. Then put something in between so I can have enough room to get some air flow in and enough room to be able to push that hot air out. The window goes into an alley.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You could just vent into the attic and the vent fan will draw fresh air into the room through the cracks around the door and windows.

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

Just run the tents flower and use the room as a lung. Don't fret on the heat don't exhaust just literally keep it how it is and continue on. Stop getting stuck on minute details. 25' ceiling com on your fine.

J

Jeff stark

Just run the tents flower and use the room as a lung. Don't fret on the heat don't exhaust just literally keep it how it is and continue on. Stop getting stuck on minute details. 25' ceiling com on your fine.
Its not so much the room getting hot but the tent is way too hot. Was 83 yesterday . today brought it down to 78. But very humid in room and hot. But the tent is just unbearable. Why I need something to change. I'm just getting into week 2 of flowering and I want my buds to he healthy and I'm a good environment.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Its not so much the room getting hot but the tent is way too hot. Was 83 yesterday . today brought it down to 78. But very humid in room and hot. But the tent is just unbearable. Why I need something to change. I'm just getting into week 2 of flowering and I want my buds to he healthy and I'm a good environment.
If you can jimmy the window open just make a flange that will fit in the window opening out of wood or even cardboard.
One 10 inch fan with a T connector and two charcoal filters, one in each tent, with the fan venting out the window will draw air in through the cracks under doors etc and create the negative pressure/odor removal you need.
http://www.hydrogalaxy.com/air-vent...s-t-duct-connector/10x10x10-t-duct-connector/

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not sure what that is either. But I did get a few good tips and answers here
Oh bro... These dudes are good dudes. No bullshit here. Just straight up knowledge. If you have the capacity to learn, these dudes got the knowledge to teach. They do kinda like a newbie to at least know the difference between a mj plant and a watermelon :)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

And they, GT21 especially, helped me deal with this exact issue earlier today....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

When you say 83 and 78, Are those Temps in tent? At canopy? Are just the room temp?

J

Jeff stark

When you say 83 and 78, Are those Temps in tent? At canopy? Are just the room temp?
Temps in tent. And I meant it was 93. 83 was a typo. And then it went down to 88. At night its right around 70. Little higher maybe

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Temps in tent. And I meant it was 93. 83 was a typo. And then it went down to 88. At night its right around 70. Little higher maybe
You do run your lights at night right? Off during the daytime? That way it's easier on temps and electric. And your always there as the night sleeping in case something should happen. Tent break, light fall ( while on), electric go out to pumps, etc...
I really wouldn't want anything over 85. I know they will still grow, but me I try for 75 to 77.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Do U Have Plants Going Now IN The tents? Are you just dry running it to see how to set it up?

J

Jeff stark

I have a hydro setup in a 8X4 that I haven't started growing in yet. Doing tests and want to get the temps and environment perfect before I start that. Will start my clones or seedlings when I get back from vacation on the 18th. But I have 8 plants in flower in a 4x4 right now. 1-315 and 1-600hps. Switching the 600 tomorrow though to another 315 ceramic because thosekeep the temps down drastically compared to that 600 with the wing reflector hood. Super hard to cool that. Just got them as part of a package from someone so just used then and found out that If I'm going to run 600s and 400s on my hydro tent I need to get rid of the reflector hoods and get the hoods with ducting vents so I can suck that hot air out of the tent

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have a hydro setup in a 8X4 that I haven't started growing in yet. Doing tests and want to get the temps and environment perfect before I start that. Will start my clones or seedlings when I get back from vacation on the 18th. But I have 8 plants in flower in a 4x4 right now. 1-315 and 1-600hps. Switching the 600 tomorrow though to another 315 ceramic because thosekeep the temps down drastically compared to that 600 with the wing reflector hood. Super hard to cool that. Just got them as part of a package from someone so just used then and found out that If I'm going to run 600s and 400s on my hydro tent I need to get rid of the reflector hoods and get the hoods with ducting vents so I can suck that hot air out of the tent
I'm using those reflector hoods with a 1k, and a 600hps. I did have a vented hood going but I changed it to unvented. Throws a lot more light unvented and bulbs last longer. I'm running 79 in tent with no ac, just window open and bedroom door open. 51 outside. And 65 in my house and 75 in my room.
Downloadfile 18

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

You have 315 cmh lights? The ones that our a kit with the ballast outside the tent? Or the ones with the ballast on the light in tent? Who they made by?
I'm eager to see what you think of comparison wise between it and the hps. I'm definitely turned in to watch this... killer.. hurry up and get back from vacation lol.... How you feel of with the cmh will probably decide whether I switch over in the future ...

Top Bottom