Tying Down In Mid Flower....

• Thread starter Gtek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gtek

So i vegged my plants for a bit too long due to various issues, i am pretty happy with one of them. However the other i feel like its totally not using the space efficiently, i went a bit ocd and tied the second girl down in hopes she will use more light in the available space, and also getting more light to the lower areas. I was able to lower the light by about 7-8 inches which is pretty good and went from this.....

Tying down in mid flower

Tying down in mid flower 2

To this
Tying down in mid flower 3

Tying down in mid flower 4

Tying down in mid flower 5

Tying down in mid flower 6

I am looking for some input on this,... what do you guys think ? Good call, or no ?
just trying to increase overall yield....

G

Gtek

Yeah logically it makes sense now light is more efficiently dispersed over the plant, i am just a bit bummed cause it looks horrible... lol

H

hawkman

experienced grower's bend it to a 90 angle by using a garden hose example- cut about 1 1/2 piece of hose a bit big er than your stalk (fish tank wanter hose) cut the hose length wise open it; place the stem inside it close by taping it the bend it - the stalk will bend and not break, (bend hose to form a "C") on the UK one can buy these "clamps" can't get them in the states people use them to supercrop, ect it works !!!! try it on one ! great looking plants -hate it when they overgrow

H

hawkman

Go with Monsters advice. Gently tie down, just remember the lower you go down the branch the woodier and harder the branch gets and is likely to snap so find that sweet spot where she will bend and not break!
it all works

G

Gtek

I was able t o lower both lights by a few inches.... i increased the space each plant takes up on the horizontal plane and reduced the space used in the vertical plane both plants have a pretty even canopy at this point....i feel that the space is used more efficiently... there is a bit of tweaking that can be done at this point however i am done for today an will continue at some point during this week. While i was frustrated yesterday.... today i feel very satisfied with the outcome...I have been alternating the plants between the lights because one is more powerful than the other. Right now i am midway through flower and probably i will keep them the way they are until finished since i feel the space is used in a very optimal way.. I am curious about the outcome....

H

hawkman

Glad you thought of a way to help your issue. Know some whom when growing outside they just bend the stalk at 45 degrees angle and then just let it go

G

Gtek

I just cant stop messing with them.... here we are guys day 35 of flower. Stressed them a bit too much.... used to water 1 gallon each plant every 3 days. Have to step it up to 1 gallon every 2 days.... girls are hungry...

0602181256 cleaned
0602181256 HDR cleaned
0602181256a cleaned
0602181256a HDR cleaned
0602181257 HDR cleaned
0602181257a HDR cleaned
G

Gtek

not too much has happened in the last 6 days. The lady on the right keeps getting bigger consistently while the left girl had a strange period.... the pistils would start to brown and growth was slowed the buds got a bit denser however. For the last 2 days or so she started to grow new pistils again and seems to be picking up pace...

I am assuming it either might be genetics or she cant handle stress as well as the girl on the right, the plants seem to have a mix between sativa & indica sadly i dont know the strain but i have heard that sativas go through several periods of new pistil growth during flower...

0608181234 cleaned
0608181234a cleaned
0608181234b cleaned
0608181234c cleaned
0608181234d cleaned
0608181235 cleaned
0608181235a cleaned
H

heisen

I just bend mine over where I see an extra tall one.bend it towards an open area.nothing to it.takes 3 seconds and move on.a few days it will make a knot and grow upwards a little bit.

G

Gtek

I just bend mine over where I see an extra tall one.bend it towards an open area.nothing to it.takes 3 seconds and move on.a few days it will make a knot and grow upwards a little bit.

At this point just tying them works pretty well. I messed with them today again and was able to increase efficiency as far as coverage goes... The girl that stopped producing new pistils is going strong right now and growing out new pistils. I was going to switch them around but ill give slow girl a couple more days under the ''better'' light.

I have set myself a goal for this grow and i am really anxious to meet it. 7 oz is the mark i want to hit looks possible but it all depends on how they bulk at this point

G

Gtek

Day 49 of flower....

Ladies fattening up. Checked the trichomes they pretty much all cloudy at this point on both plants. One of the girls started to show the first amber as of today which surprises me quite a bit. I mentioned that i dont know what strain this is but they remind me a lot of some kind of haze hybrid, which is pretty amazing to finish so early...

0616181216 cleaned
0616181217 cleaned
0616181217 HDR cleaned
0616181217a cleaned
0616181217a HDR cleaned
0616181217b cleaned
0616181217c cleaned
0616181217d cleaned
0616181217e cleaned
0616181218 cleaned
0616181218a cleaned
0616181218b cleaned
H

hawkman

looks like your harvest will be great !!!! and if it is a "haze" strain ; your going to get some potent smoke !!!!! Happy Harvest - another 2-3 weeks - haze's take a bit longer to flower 9- 12 weeks depending on the Sativa's % of hybrid

G

Gtek

Well all i know for certain is that there is definitely sativa genetics in there :)

W

Way2dank

So i vegged my plants for a bit too long due to various issues, i am pretty happy with one of them. However the other i feel like its totally not using the space efficiently, i went a bit ocd and tied the second girl down in hopes she will use more light in the available space, and also getting more light to the lower areas. I was able to lower the light by about 7-8 inches which is pretty good and went from this.....

View attachment 803265

View attachment 803266

To this
View attachment 803267

View attachment 803268

View attachment 803269
View attachment 803270

I am looking for some input on this,... what do you guys think ? Good call, or no ?
just trying to increase overall yield....
If u have gone past the point of pruning your plant then tying down limbs to achieve more light is the best decision in my opinion

G

Gtek

My scenario is a bit more complicated because one of the lights is half as powerful than the other so i regularly alternate the plants between each light and every time i do i shape them in a way were the buds get as much light in the most efficient way possible... at least i try to. One is a ufo the other a rectangular 2x1 so every time i switch the plants i spend quite a bit of time adjusting them, its become a type of zen meditation thing.
But looking at how everything is going they reacting really good to the whole ordeal...

H

hawkman

My scenario is a bit more complicated because one of the lights is half as powerful than the other so i regularly alternate the plants between each light and every time i do i shape them in a way were the buds get as much light in the most efficient way possible... at least i try to. One is a ufo the other a rectangular 2x1 so every time i switch the plants i spend quite a bit of time adjusting them, its become a type of zen meditation thing.
But looking at how everything is going they reacting really good to the whole ordeal...
Maybe Considering defoliating all those fan leaves ? - especially in the middle this would - that being said a great grow and nice bud's !!!

W

Way2dank

Those big fan leaves are truly a light blocker. Especially in the middle of the plant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom