Tying Down In Mid Flower....

• Thread starter Gtek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gtek

Defoliating at this point would unnecessarily stress out the plants. I considered it a while back but the girls were overvegged already. Doing defoliation at this point would just stress them and probably stunt the growth.
Basically what i have tried to do is maximize the amount of light each main cola gets by flattening the canopy horizontally. I mentioned it before but the lights are of different strength so i regularly switch the plants from light to light.... for a total power draw of 250 watts i am pretty happy the average size of main colas are 6 inches in length. In this case i dont mind the lower parts of the plants not to get any light. Cannabis is naturally self regulating with hormones and most of the energy would automatically go to the parts that are dominant.My goal is 7 zips for this grow and if i can meet it i will be happy :) i Think this should be possible even though i have run into quite a few difficulties

G

Gtek

Day 56 of flower. Getting denser... aroma is developing... if anyone is interested i can do a diary i have everything documented.

Here are some pics

0623181121 cleaned
0623181122 cleaned
0623181122a cleaned
0623181123 cleaned
0623181123a cleaned
0623181123b cleaned
0623181123c cleaned
K

Keige

Defoliating at this point would unnecessarily stress out the plants. I considered it a while back but the girls were overvegged already. Doing defoliation at this point would just stress them and probably stunt the growth.
Basically what i have tried to do is maximize the amount of light each main cola gets by flattening the canopy horizontally. I mentioned it before but the lights are of different strength so i regularly switch the plants from light to light.... for a total power draw of 250 watts i am pretty happy the average size of main colas are 6 inches in length. In this case i dont mind the lower parts of the plants not to get any light. Cannabis is naturally self regulating with hormones and most of the energy would automatically go to the parts that are dominant.My goal is 7 zips for this grow and if i can meet it i will be happy :) i Think this should be possible even though i have run into quite a few difficulties
Defoliating a few of those fan Leaves is actually recommended during the flowing stage, as you can see they are naturally dying off in the photos already, if you slowly trim of a couple every day it would never hurt her

Top Bottom