U.p Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter GLGC.MI
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

Mitten Farmers! I have a pretty little indoor set up now, but I've got a dream of setting up an outdoor grow this summer in the u.p. I have land and I can cut and transport plenty of high quality clones, but I'm curious about the legal climate up there. Specifically in iron county. Anybody got a line on what enforcement is like. I have a card and patients but ime that doesn't always mean that local law-enforcement will let it slide. I would rather not get tied up in a whole bunch of legal BS and have to hire lawyers blah blah blah. Anybody got experience growing outdoor in that part of the state?

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

Yea it is. I figure I spend a couple days shoveling out buried raised beds underneath the surface level a couple feet and I would save myself on fencing costs. But that's still gonna be some expensive fence. Guess I can look to Craigslist and buy some off season used. I figure one season up there with that nice soil and free lighting tho would be worth it since I already have the land.

sun

sun

if you have a rec i wouldnt worry. my mother in law was growing towards lake superior this year and her freind in one of the planes that look for weed (spotter plane ? ) tiped his wing at her to let her know he could see her plants,she riped em. Ive done outdoor here years ago with no trouble.if you dont have a rec id get a used 4 weeler and go down one of the snow mobile trails far enough away from foot trafic.
the big problem is that a lot of the local outdoor didnt mature this year.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
@yooper420 Any advice?
Outdoor grows scare me. Hard to do legally.

Outdoor growing is what got me busted by the flying part of UPSET. They spotted it from the air and circled my house until the ground troops arrived. I sat on my porch watching `em through binoculars watching me, with a 2 foot pot plant on either side of me. They took those 2, 4 beside the garage and 6 clones on the window sill on the garage. Said the prosecuting attorney would take it from there. Never heard from him, been 4 1/2 years ago now. Been indoors since, with no problems.

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

@yooper420
That's a sad story. Maybe my northern dream will be deferred. I know I can't be prosecuted. But I don't want them to come in and run my shit

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

Just put them in a green house or hoop house. nobody will be able to tell what's in there. The only thing to worry about is smell, so don't do it if you have neighbors close

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Mi laws for outdoor,

Can't bee seen from any side nor above. Not near a school, daycare, church, playground, iirc 1500' minimum. Has to be fully locked enterance.

Basically, it need to be hidden for the most part.

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

Right. But just because it's legal, doesn't mean you won't get trouble from the local law enforcement. It sounds like the climate up there isn't quite right yet.

Cannis

Cannis

You could take the full disclosure approach. Go to township meeting and get permission, county, village or city if applicable and call the local drug task force to tell them what your doing and ask them to come do a compliance check. If you do all that and they all give you the go, you can't be prosecuted for it, you would get off on estoppel. But and here's the bad part about law enforcement: That does not stop them from coming and raiding you, taking ALL your shit and charging you with whatever the prosecutor feels like throwing at you. They just love getting innocent people into a battle in court, banking on them taking a plea deal. It's big business for them.

Sunbaked

Sunbaked

must be fenced in (unseen) and locked with a wire cover. put hoops up to hold the cover fence up. but I would do autos in the UP if you want them to finish. Or build a greenhouse. The guy at home depot said they were selling a shitload of clear plastic panels.

NorthernMich

NorthernMich

I live in the UP There are many greenhouses here. Depends on what county you are in as to how the law will react.. If it is covered locked and cannot be seen by the public most people here have no problems with the law... Now lets talk about the weather.. It can start to get cold in the 3rd week of August so it is best to have an early flower. Also lets talk about mold.. during the end of the season you will need to have plenty of air movement and maybe heat.. Seen tons of mold up here I have not yet seen any greenhouse cannabis that I would smoke from the farmers up here,, If done right you can do it.. but early flowers are the key and keeping the mold from happening.. If you see mushrooms on your lawn you know your greenhouse is going to start the mold

NorthernMich

NorthernMich

I would like to try some of your stuff someday If your ever in my area look me up.. The humitly in a greenhouse is horrible in September I am sure there are some that do have a handle on this but not in my area .... I will stick to the indoor. I am proud of what I grow also Indoors.. Up here the sun is very low in October I cannot see how bud can benefit from this at all. few tips here I would go with the darkening if I had a greenhouse. Make sure the stuff is done by the first week of September. http://www.ilovegrowinginvalid.com/growing-marijuana-greenhouse/

Last edited:
GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

Yaa. Cost-benefit says it ain't worth it... this year. Can't blame a guy for trying to escape for the summer. Looks like we'll stay in doors.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
@NorthrenMich, Where at in da U.P. ?

Top Bottom