U.S. Will Enforce Marijuana Laws, State Vote Aside

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StrawberryGirl

Screw what the people of Cali want, we (big brother) are going to enforce our "rules" which support our own agenda! F*** the government!

V

velvet

Never have understood the scare about MJ when you can get all the booze you want.

C

chronnoisseur

It is a fact that throughout history prohibition of any king will only inch its way to oppressive freedom and so it may be carefully scrutinized by the ones with power. The feds want a back door to the vault and the investors want a regular hall pass. Like BUDOGHI said "Improvements can be made in the law in the future". Thats the only way to play game as a citizen is to vote (play your pawn) and wait for their next money mongering strategy. Just the amount of people that would be reduced yearly in the prison system would drastically reduce revenue in the state and federal prison system. All of the integrated government agencies or jobs which are currently in place for profiting the criminalization of marijuana equal Billions yearly. Your dam right they will take their time figuring out new ways to profit through government regulatory measures, taxation licensing, certification, bureaucracy, and making special deals with large franchise corporations (example Phillip Morris) who can guarantee large profits and withstand the regulatory bureaucracy.

skill-it

skill-it

Enough already. Smoke a jay and chill the fuck out over this shit! SIPO!!!

L

LikemindS

:mad0233: Yes all we can do is vote... for a better tomorrow, educate your own children and not the the man do it for you, thats how things got f'd up in the first place. Educational systems lying to the children!

Puff Puff PASS! :passingjoint:

T

tipper619sd

I am voting no on PROP 19 .It is a way for the government to get under the common person such as ourselves and force us to buy into something with fine print longer than history itself. They made this bill up out of the blue because people voted in the last election and they almost got what they wanted. Taxes , taxes, taxes, and regulation . We are living in modern day legalization right now and working on bills like sb 420 which will help all us working folks keep our jobs dirty pee test or not. The feds have been waiting patiently and coming up with this bill "PROP 19 " for 4 years now. You think they haven't been choosing there words wisely and terms wisely so that they come out on top of all this. All it will do is give the big pharmaceutical companies to chime in and stake there claim in this industry. As we speak this is more of a for the people medical marijuana phase we are living in right now. After this bill gets pass it will be a more for the government phase. Which all of us will be sitting around wondering why is the law so twisted and why its not holding up its end of the bargain. Like always they will pass the bill but with revised print and we will be stuck in there game instead of writing our own rules that comply with there already in tack rules. VOTE NO ON "PROP 19 " Save your rights for medical marijuana and lets come together and push for our rules as people. Not there's so we become slaves to there laws which exist already in every law. PEACE and HAPPINESS all.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Don't take this the wrong way, tipper, but you TOTALLY missed the bus. Proposition 19 was voted down last November.

S

ScrOGer

Don't take this the wrong way, tipper, but you TOTALLY missed the bus. Proposition 19 was voted down last November.

Hey tipper.....
So you missed the boat on that one. Check these sites out and bookmark them for reference and the latest news.

Here's a link to the latest press release: congress introduces legislation to end marijuana prohibition!!!! http://www.drugpolicy.org/news/2011...oric-legislation-ending-marijuana-prohibition

Marijuana Policy Project:
http://www.mpp.org

CA dept of public health (Medical Marijuana Program)

Marijuana business report:
http://www.mjbusinessreport.com/

NORML:

A

amsmts1

Monsanto is working on a no clone strain that would dill things a bit I'd say. They want the seed market. So you'd have to go to them for the seeds.

A

amsmts1

There are several issues with genetic that I don't have to explain. GMO will kill over decades. Same with cannabis, who knows what effect genetics' will have on the chemical structure of the plant, it creates a synthetic the body has to accommodate for! Why do you think over 569+k died in 2010 of cancers? GMO foods in the US and the US's in ability to prevent other nations from sending us their banned pesticide tainted food. CODEX
The issue needs be addressed via money, lobbying and education. Organic Growers and Breeders will have to feed the demand.

S

stimothy

I am 54 years old and can not understand how the people of this country allowed the Government so damn much authority over our constitutional rights. How can the government go against majority vote ? Is it constitutional for them to outlaw something that they won't even allow scientific debate, will not listen to medical evidence nor will they explain how they come up with Marijuana being a class 1 drug. How did Alcohol become legal ? Come on people, this is more than just about marijuana. I really want to see how the conclusion was reached that classified marijuana as a class 1 drug. No medicinal value ? Are you kidding ?
I would have likely lost my feet by now had I not soaked them in marijuana oils. I can't begin to tell you how many times it has kept me from going to the hospital for pain pills.
Marijuana was not the drug that I started with. I started with cigs, then Alcohol, then marijuana, then barbituates, then on to opiates. I didn't even use marijuana for years while I was still searching for that special something. I use mmj now to eleviate pain, swelling, appetite increase. I use it more for topical than smokeing or eating it. It has saved my feet and that is pure evidence to me that Marijuana has not only medicinal value but it has priceless medicinal qualitys and replaces a broad range of over the counter and prescription medications. It is extremely easy to grow and process into useable medicinal form for topical and internal use. So why is our Government treating it like it is poison, more deadly than Alcohol. Please, if anyone knows the answers, let me know.
Tim

soserthc1

soserthc1

excellently said - gateway drug is another big joke, yes most start with beer and pot.... but if they stuck with just the pot , they would be better off. would you rather sit next to a dude after 12 beers or a harmfull joint. i am going to smoke a blunt tonight before bed , chill, watch tv and go to sleep......... i will not be behind the wheel of a car after a bottle of grain alcohol that the goverment just collect taxes on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

C

calbunn

I haven't seen this solution before so I thought I'd throw it out there in a raw form....

Why not make all dispensaries use a prefunded debit card that the state controls. These cards would be the only means necessary to buy meds at retail and for the dispensaries to buy wholesale.

An agency like in Cali we have the ABC that regulates alcohol would then know exactly how much product was supposed to be in a given store and if audited and more or less was found that dispensary would be in violation of the licensing standards. No cash - No checks - No Credit Cards could ever be accepted within these licensed dispensaries.

It would not be in the dispensaries best long term interest to run afoul of the unannounced audit process by taking transactions in any other form then the debit card and having the exact amount of meds on hand that the inventory would support from previous transaction history .

To have the license-debit card processing platform the dispensary would have to also meet local and county standards for it's business license within that area. This would solve the myriad of local issues early on if the local political climate wants to regulate or re-regulate the business as the community standards shift. This is also good for the dispensary since the gov't is not throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Any of these agencies could suspend the cards service activity on a temporary or permanent basis if violations were discovered or zoning ordinances changed at a local level.

The dispensary should be given a ten day right to a hearing if the incident requires a ruling on the infraction which affords a 'fair' adjudication of whatever is being enforced by an appointed board. A suspension of the cannadebit card would close the dispensary down on a temporary or permanent basis dependent on the ruling.

Finally the local and state agencies would be funded every night @ 12:00am for all that day's transactions and the dispensaries merchant services account would be credited instantly since these are prefunded transactions.

In my mind this represents a level of transparency and regulatory control that the state governments desperately need while still adhering to the will of their voters.

Maybe a start?

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

I for one am completely fed up with the smoke n mirror manipulation by our momma-state gov and big daddy-fed and all their cronies of support and oppressiveness.
We need to keep the gov out ,find legalization without over regulation, and allow us The People ;to have the frickin Freedom of Choice and let the government do its job of " enforcing our will and regulations" not theirs or that of their elitest supporters.
Keep it grass roots and for the love of it and the compassion of eachother!

The government is violating our constitutional rights on every front, it seems like ever piece of legislation has some hanky back door small print ticket to screw us ,hidden behind the guise of giving us something we want... Or don't want... Educate ourselves and everyone we r close to, empower enlightenment, individualism and compassion for your neighbor... Quit suckling on the tit of the government and taking it cause we think we have to!
Sry for the rant but damn this stuff ticks me-hoff!

Top Bottom