uber uni-one nutrient -- need cal-mag?

• Thread starter hunie.beez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hunie.beez

hunie.beez

Hey guys - I've been sampling some of the uber line. I've JUST started with their 1-part nutrient, it's a 1-part grow and flower, as in the same bottle for both, not 2. Has anyone else been running any trials with this product, I know they've only been sampling for a few months.

They claim it's a complete nutrient and you don't need to add cal-mag, so far everything is fine, but I'm only a week in. I've spoken to 3 people who've used it, 2 said they used and didn't need to use cal-mag, and 1 said that he did.

All 3 were using RO water, 1 ran the nutrient using all the parts of the uber line but nothing else, and the other used the line plus his regular flower additives, whereas the other guy, just swapped out his usual base and kept using all his normal additives, and didn't use any of the other uber products.

My questions are:
  1. Do you think the cal-mag deficiency was caused by something in one of the other additives causing lockout?
  2. Do you think they put the cal-mag in their booster pyyro-k? (I tried that with my normal regime, and it worked awesome, it's basically why I agreed to try their nute)
  3. Or, do you think a lot of people just freak out and blame anything that goes wrong on some kind of deficiency? - when he first flipped into flower he said there was "a purple spot on one of the stems" - anyone ever hear of that as a deficiency symptom?

L

Linny

Hey guys - I've been sampling some of the uber line. I've JUST started with their 1-part nutrient, it's a 1-part grow and flower, as in the same bottle for both, not 2. Has anyone else been running any trials with this product, I know they've only been sampling for a few months.

They claim it's a complete nutrient and you don't need to add cal-mag, so far everything is fine, but I'm only a week in. I've spoken to 3 people who've used it, 2 said they used and didn't need to use cal-mag, and 1 said that he did.

All 3 were using RO water, 1 ran the nutrient using all the parts of the uber line but nothing else, and the other used the line plus his regular flower additives, whereas the other guy, just swapped out his usual base and kept using all his normal additives, and didn't use any of the other uber products.

My questions are:
  1. Do you think the cal-mag deficiency was caused by something in one of the other additives causing lockout?
  2. Do you think they put the cal-mag in their booster pyyro-k? (I tried that with my normal regime, and it worked awesome, it's basically why I agreed to try their nute)
  3. Or, do you think a lot of people just freak out and blame anything that goes wrong on some kind of deficiency? - when he first flipped into flower he said there was "a purple spot on one of the stems" - anyone ever hear of that as a deficiency symptom?
Do you know where I can buy this line of nutrients?

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

I had the same problem in veg when I was using the Pyyro K with the Uni One , I thought l was having some sort of lockout issue caused by excessively high levels of K for veg from the Pyyro K. They told me the Pyyro K up regulates the plants metabolism so much that your plants will demand higher levels of feed when you use it and to up your base by 50-100ppm when you see yellowing or deficiencies. So if you flipped to flower and started using Pyyro K but didnt increase the amount of base enough it would cause that issue, its a really good idea to use a ppm meter so you can see how much nutrient your plants are gobbling up when using Pyyro K so you can add more base to your reservoir before you get deficiencies. They said that people are peaking out at 3100 ppm in flower when using Pyyro K which is insane.

I think a lot of people probably just need to add a bit more base than supplement with cal mag when they see a cal mag deficiency, cal and mag deficiencies are just the first to show. The Uni One has plenty of cal mag for your average strain, I just add a little to heavy cal mag demanding like OG and Chemdog.

L

Linny

I had the same problem in veg when I was using the Pyyro K with the Uni One , I thought l was having some sort of lockout issue caused by excessively high levels of K for veg from the Pyyro K. They told me the Pyyro K up regulates the plants metabolism so much that your plants will demand higher levels of feed when you use it and to up your base by 50-100ppm when you see yellowing or deficiencies. So if you flipped to flower and started using Pyyro K but didnt increase the amount of base enough it would cause that issue, its a really good idea to use a ppm meter so you can see how much nutrient your plants are gobbling up when using Pyyro K so you can add more base to your reservoir before you get deficiencies. They said that people are peaking out at 3100 ppm in flower when using Pyyro K which is insane.

I think a lot of people probably just need to add a bit more base than supplement with cal mag when they see a cal mag deficiency, cal and mag deficiencies are just the first to show. The Uni One has plenty of cal mag for your average strain, I just add a little to heavy cal mag demandin

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO BUY UNI ONE AND PYYRO K???

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

if its complete you dont need cal/mag...infact, i would like to state, that not many ppl need cal/mag, if ever lol...cal mag should be used to correct deficiencies...not as an additive used on a regular....most base ferts we have now a days even if not "complete" contain enough calcium in proper ratio to other elements that the plant should be fine without the addition of cal/mag....coco is the only place i would use it as a regular

are you in soil or hydro?

Top Bottom