UC 24 Site Setup

• Thread starter cmantis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cmantis

I am looking for some advice on a new UC 24 site dual setup. I will be running two of these bad boys on a flip flop timer. They are the ucdb24xl13 and I don't have any of the rest of the equipment yet but want to make sure I get it setup right. So hopefully you guys and gals can help me pick out the right stuff. I was thinking of running 12 1k lights per system but am open to any and all ideas. Also a major consideration here will be cooling. So I would appreciate input on cooling such as AC vs airbox's etc and specifics such as brands/models would really help. Please help me out here and help me make my shopping list so I can do this right! Also I was thinking of getting a ucdb24xl for a one month veg, what do you think? Thanks in advance.

BCboys

BCboys

what kind of budget are you working with? How much power available? sealed room? room dimensions? you've basically given no info for anyone to give input...try and get more specific and you'll probably get more specific help. There's lots of folks around here with good knowledge and ideas. Have you read many people's logs? tons of info on the site if you do a little reading. Good luck.

C

cmantis

I am working with a blank slate right now. Don't have the space yet am looking at places now (both commercial and residential and although I am legal don't want to po the landlord or neighbors). Budget is around 20k for equipment (I already have the systems). I want to do sealed rooms so I can run CO2. I have been reading up non stop and am working on a shopping list now I will probably post today or tomorrow of things I have been looking at.

C

cmantis

Yes sorry have been busy. I have the space now over 4000 sq ft. I am building three rooms each 22' long by 14' wide/tall. Rooms are being constructed now. Was planning to finish them off with plywood and paint with flat white. There will be one veg room and two flower rooms. For cooling I am using a 135,000 btu central AC unit with ducting running through each of the flower rooms. Lighting is 10k hortilux hps per flower room using quantum digital ballasts running on a powerbox 20 (yet to be ordered) and hoods will be Magnum XXXL. The veg room will either be T5 or LED. My plan is to move the pots from the veg system and transplant them into the flower system when ready. I am still putting all this together so welcome any suggestions or input.

T

tipper619sd

Yes sorry have been busy. I have the space now over 4000 sq ft. I am building three rooms each 22' long by 14' wide/tall. Rooms are being constructed now. Was planning to finish them off with plywood and paint with flat white. There will be one veg room and two flower rooms. For cooling I am using a 135,000 btu central AC unit with ducting running through each of the flower rooms. Lighting is 10k hortilux hps per flower room using quantum digital ballasts running on a powerbox 20 (yet to be ordered) and hoods will be Magnum XXXL. The veg room will either be T5 or LED. My plan is to move the pots from the veg system and transplant them into the flower system when ready. I am still putting all this together so welcome any suggestions or input.

Sounds solid. uve done ur homework.Sounds like ur plans coming together. All u gotta do is execute .

C

cmantis

I have a question. I am working on my controllers and need to know something. (I will be using UC nutes.)

This is from the brochure:
"Recirculation Systems: If running higher concentrations in solution, CCH2O recommends a weekly reservoir change out to reduce the likely hood of mineral toxicities. More moderate concentrations may allow for longer (10-21 days) periods between nutrient change outs."

Question: How often do you guys change out the reservoir?

Question: Does the makeup nutrient solution to replace evapotranspiration needs require additional UC Roots added or is this a one time addition upon changing the reservoir?

* If it is one time, it is somewhat problematic as the controller has to inject all three components as required. It cannot change the concentration of components relative to each other along the timeline.

Top Bottom