UC 8xl or 6xl 13

• Thread starter gadgetsmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gadgetsmoke

Ok guys, decided to sell my tent and use a 11x10 x 10 room instead. I have 2x1000 magnums, this is my max for lights right now. So what will give me the biggest yield.............. The 8xl or the 6 site 13Gallon

UC vets please chime in.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Id say with the additional height, go with the additional root capacity to take full advantage of your space.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
good question!

from what I have seen if your gonna go with just the 2 horizontal lights I say the 8 XL - lights only penetrate a bushy ass canopy so far

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I have the same size room with a 13 gal 8 xl UC under 2k

Looks like this
Pk_ya_005.JPG

Good luck

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

8XL or 6XL13....sounds like a fork in the road that leads towards the same destination.

You can't go wrong Gadget, just pull the trigger.

G

gadgetsmoke

8XL or 6XL13....sounds like a fork in the road that leads towards the same destination.

You can't go wrong Gadget, just pull the trigger.

ARGGGHHGGHGHGHGH! Your right, just got off the phone with Daniel, dude seems chill and cool as shit.
im just over analyzing....time to Pull the trigger and Bang Bang.:hunter:

F

FatFreddysKat

Go larger for even more root mass(both units will produce large root mass as Im sure you've seen)...I went with 13g even though I am height and width challenged in my room...but I wanted to have ability to keep roots large and strong to help with the abuse that they are about to embark on!!!
As stated you cant go wrong with either...so either 1 will be a good choice and should give you what you are looking for!
Someday it would be cool to run a side by side on some different units under same lighting and other conditions just to compare end results...just need to find the funding somewhere!!!

F

FatFreddysKat

I should say that some already are running side by sides with different lighting and such...and all I keep seeing is great results no matter what unit it is or lighting used!!

C

crossouttheiis

I think I would go with the 8 for less of a veg time to get an even canopy. If veg time is not a bother to you I would run the 6xl then. I mean we are probably talking like a weeks difference lol

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
six plants would require a bit more training to fill out a 4 x 8 screen (optimal coverage for 2 x 1k)

this is the way I see it, lets say hypothetically your trying to get 4 lbs out of your setup (nice round number)

with 8 plants you only have to get 8 ounces and with 6 you would have to get 10.6 ounces per plant

so you would have to veg them longer to get that extra yield

G

gadgetsmoke

six plants would require a bit more training to fill out a 4 x 8 screen (optimal coverage for 2 x 1k)

this is the way I see it, lets say hypothetically your trying to get 4 lbs out of your setup (nice round number)

with 8 plants you only have to get 8 ounces and with 6 you would have to get 10.6 ounces per plant

so you would have to veg them longer to get that extra yield

cool, im hoping to get 4-5#......what you said makes sense...think im just go with the 8xl

J

jointsallday

O.K. ,,, It's been awhile,,do you have some feedback for us?

8xl----2k--???

Top Bottom