UC 8XXL13 w/ 9k vert

• Thread starter deacon1503
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Everything is looking GREAT!! Your growth rate is awesome.. Thanks for the update... Can't wait to see these girls thicken up...

deacon1503

deacon1503

thanks guys! more pics for all to enjoy! day 32

DSC04100
DSC04101
DSC04102
DSC04103
DSC04104
DSC04105
DSC04106
DSC04107

St3ve

St3ve

if you're going to keep the lights up that high, have you thought about just turning them horizontally and using a reflector? You're losing alot of light as it is now. Plants look healthy either way though.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm just going to watch, without feeling the need to question or critique. So far, the results speak for themselves...

Red Stripe

Red Stripe

f@*ing $ sweet man! I have a question, how did you extend the plumbing to space for vert.?

G

gettogro

looks great. Although, you might want to flip sooner next time. They look too big for your plant centers. vert lights work better when they are in the center of the plant.. Plants seem really happy :)

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

whoa bro those bulbs aren't burning the plants in the middle? my shits would be cooked up like crazy if they were that close.

deacon1503

deacon1503

if you're going to keep the lights up that high, have you thought about just turning them horizontally and using a reflector? You're losing alot of light as it is now. Plants look healthy either way though.

looks great. Although, you might want to flip sooner next time. They look too big for your plant centers. vert lights work better when they are in the center of the plant.. Plants seem really happy :)

whoa bro those bulbs aren't burning the plants in the middle? my shits would be cooked up like crazy if they were that close.

after many vert grows, these are my thoughts on bulb height. granted maybe from the camera angle they might seem irregularly high in comparison to the plants midsection, but its a cost/benefit with regards to which areas of the plant has the highest concentration of bud sites. when these plants were younger the bulbs were aligned with their midsection as typical of a vert setup. however when the plant grows taller than the bulb, and the light is now at the plants waist instead of its chest, if the bulbs are not adjusted to compensate, the entire top 1/3 of the plants loses a tremendous amount of direct light. this is the very reason DDs, in his last 4 plant room, added an AW over each plant. yes, for a vert grow, the ideal sitch would be a 1k over each plant in an AW, and 4 1k around it. that thread and jacks mention of doing vert with AW drove me to design such a room that can be seen in my coco trees thread. however that doesnt negate the fact that even then it might be neccesary to elevate the bulbs in order to stay in line with the plants chest. strain and trim technique dependent of course. also with verts i dont believe "lost" light is an appropriate term here, redirected or maybe some would say mis-adjusted, but not ever lost. so it boils down to which plart of the plants are you trying to maximize? when a plant is vegged in vert, the lower, older, branches development with intensive robustness.on my first of two yoyo install sessions with these girls, almost every lower branch was hanging sideways bc it was to heavy to stand up straight, but at the same to strong to break. these particular branches develop huge colas. so when the plants chest is taller than the plant, its a trade off of keeping the concentration of light on these branches, or try and even out the plant so that the tops can have some love too.

these were flipped at 4 weeks and are on 52" centers and were not trimmed or trained at all. i didnt have an issue with space in this room actually, i felt there was a nice balance of plant to light to wall spacing. at the end of the run each plant was just touching her neighbor. i have room to go longer with the spacing but not wider. maybe another 8" or so next time, idk.

every so often ill get a cooked fan leaf or something but nothing more. there was plenty of cooling and air movement not to mention a set of eyes on them every day with that being an item on the checklist of daily observations.

f@*ing $ sweet man! I have a question, how did you extend the plumbing to space for vert.?

this UC was a "boneless barebones" order so basically just the buckets and the epi. all pvc was custom cut by me with the entire setup off the top of my head.

deacon1503

deacon1503

so these girls are down, dry weights coming soon and im thinking an average of 2#. i really liked how problem free this run was. i didnt have one issue.

H16 A+B and bi-weekly H16 foliars. UC roots from the beginning @ 3ml/g and then 5ml/g during flush. Regen-a-root from start to week 4. Wilt gaurd, 1/2 strength from start till week 2. bud blood week 1. HH 2 - flush with MOAB wk 5 - 7. H16 flush days 54 -56 then chopped.

when i pulled the roots out, the buckets were the cleanest i have ever seen after a UC run. the roots smelled like healthy ass roots. no pond stench no nothin. ill post some preharvest shots soon off another camera.

thanks for everyone stoppin in.

DSC04145
DSC04146
DSC04148
DSC04149
DSC04150
DSC04151
DSC04152
DSC04153
DSC04154
DSC04155
DSC04158

ttystikk

ttystikk

Well, that's the most impressed I've ever been without even seeing a bud yet. Nice roots and structure, brother- if yield and quality are the same, then I'm dying to see a few of those bud shots you promised!

Nicely done...

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Way to rock the farm!! I agree completely with your insight on vert lightning.. This run I will be doing a vert with AW up high.. I hope you come check it out when I get the thread going, there is nothing like having another vert guy over you shoulder checkin on things.. Way to smash it bro!!!
A4FD

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Hey deacon, lookin sick bro. Definitely inspiring me to wanna go vert! Massive roots too in that UC! Good shit! I look forward to seeing more.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Well, that's the most impressed I've ever been without even seeing a bud yet. Nice roots and structure, brother- if yield and quality are the same, then I'm dying to see a few of those bud shots you promised!

Nicely done...
Ditto... Damn fine work Deacon! Looking forward to the nug shots too...

Top Bottom