UC and humidity

• Thread starter All4freedumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Props to all here- it's great when we can bring so much relevant goodness to the discussion.

To answer the question you asked me, I would tailor the humidity to the nutrient strength schedule you're most comfortable with. If you like to feed heavily through week 6, then keeping the humidity up throughout that time will likely give you the best results- and will allow the plants to take full advantage of CO2 augmentation throughout. Continuing a heavy feed as humidity drops is an invitation to tip burn, so don't do that. Therefore, in your shoes I would lower nute EC in step with lower humidity values, whenever you decide to do it.
I couldn't agree more about all the positive relevant information being shared.. I for one can clearly see a difference already, just in days.. Thanks guys... I can't wait to really nail a round with humidity exactly where I want. It's making me want to start this run over from fresh babies..

Thanks, I get what your saying about nutes and humidity levels,makes total since...

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

If you could do it again, what would you do? The same?

Nice, thanks Woods.. I have two floor fans, one 16' up high (half vaulted ceiling), and 4 16' wall fans. My rooms are 13 by 12... How does that sound to you? What are you running for dehumidifying?

Thanks again guys, this thread has helped me in many ways and I feel like its only begun. To me that's like a puppy with two Peters... Knowledge is the best addiction as well as the best gift...

If you have a fan on the floor your all set.

I don't run a dehumidifier at all. I have them just don't use them, my humidifiers have digital rh meters and shut down at what ever I set them to. Right now they are set at 55% but it's been raining here so RH is 86% right now, when lights come on it will drop as low as 61% near the end of the day.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

If you have a fan on the floor your all set.

I don't run a dehumidifier at all. I have them just don't use them, my humidifiers have digital rh meters and shut down at what ever I set them to. Right now they are set at 55% but it's been raining here so RH is 86% right now, when lights come on it will drop as low as 61% near the end of the day.

So, woods, when you say its set at 50, is mire like 80 and drops to 61, does this mean that your humidity is set at 50 both day and night at this point.. If so, what did you do at nights in Veg?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

So, woods, when you say its set at 50, is mire like 80 and drops to 61, does this mean that your humidity is set at 50 both day and night at this point.. If so, what did you do at nights in Veg?

Weather conditions have kept the humidity around 70 to 80% so don't need to run the humidifiers right now but if things get dry in there they will kick on at 55% automatically. When the lights come on they help dry it out in the room after a couple hours it gets to about 60/65 which is fine. At night I just keep the fans blowing and humidity is 50 to 70. You can run a dehumidifier at night to run it down to about 40% if you like. I don't use them as they produce heat, I have 2 eight inch fans hooked to my controller, that controls temp and humidity. If humidity gets to high the fans come on.

H

hogan400

Hey man, Im gonna throw a kink into VPD real quick....All VPD theory on most websites are based on "greenhouse application", not growroom application. (I have yet to find one based on indoor application) The majority of it will apply, and the theory and practice of it is still evolving. I have tried it and can control parameters in my room very well. My results with VPD has been less than perfect. In our 30X64 greenhouse the VPD results were however amazing..... I believe its a very good tool but not the end all be all.

My room is best at 62.5% day r.h, 67.5% night r.h(+-5% difference has been best for me) and 80* day or night temps(-5* eve temps also). Co2 around 1000-1200. Is there a thread with other members results for their ideal environment experiences here? I run 1ok, 4tons a.c, 2x 70pint dehueys, 3 osc fans, 1/4hp room circulation fan, and 1 max-fan 10" on a carbon filter. like Deacon had to use 2 dehueys to attain the vpd requirements. Room is 12.5 x 18.

I tried running high r.h around 70% like krusty and others, but had terrible luck with my soil grows. In my first Uc I decided to keep it around 70% and had a super harvest. In coco Im keeping it same as my soil numbers with good results. I can tell my Uc is suffering and the plants are not transpiring as well. But those plants were fucked up early from root issues. haha
Anyway, only my opinion and experience.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Most growers don't have all kinds of equipment so would find it very hard to keep a controlled environment. The purpose of any information is to supply food for thought based on fact. Application of the information is up to each individual and there ability to implement the information in thier garden to the best of their ability. I apply what works for me and don't always follow it to the letter. The discussion around VPD is a good example of, do what works for you based on the information. There are all kinds of people who grow at 35% and all over the map, that's great for them but they are not growing or giving their plants the best environment to grow in and after all that's what were all about right.

So the short of it is your plants need more RH than you think so they can grow to the max, so keep your humidity higher and you get better plants.

ttystikk

ttystikk

In my own experience, most people go to a sealed room environment to boost their CO2 levels- and then find If they're paying attention) that they get as much or more benefit from properly managing the RH. Living in Colorado, I don't have a lot of experience growing in high humdity environments, so when I sealed my room for the first time, it was a relevation!

Not always a good revelation, though- since I didn't know to boost my nute strength along with RH, I ended up with anemic plants...

This is a crazy balancing act. Another example; the plant sitting next to my dehuey exhaust stopped growing, got canoe leaves and basically gave up. The temp difference was only 5-10 degrees over ambient- but it was how dry that air was that killed the poor thing.

H

hogan400

When I did my first sealed room I was super disappointed because I lived in Vegas at the time. So dry I had r.h around 30 and that was acceptable....

Up here real close to Portland, Or I can achieve any r.h I like with simple methods and my pr of dehueys of course. 65-70% FTW! If its a struggle then spary the floor with water with a bug sprayer. Easy and quick! I do it 2 times a day early in veg when my plants are small and r.h is low.

C

cmantis

I am looking for a recommendation on a dehumidifier for a UCDB24XL13 system.

Top Bottom