UC CopyCat on Craigslist

• Thread starter calicoli
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thirtyshort

Oval, you appear to be a one post douche.

The folks at CC designed and brought the Under Current design to market......get to know the details and designs of something before you start making ignorant statements. RDWC is a blanket description.....the UC is a specific method for moving solution through out a water culture system.

If you happened to be bright enough to invent something I doubt you'd be too happy to see someone copying and pimping your designs......doubt that will be a problem given you don't seem very bright :)

Keep on posting and reading little guy....you'll eventually figure it out.

I'm assuming this guy might have something to do with the craigslist ad UC. Notice his 1st post ever is him defending that thief.

M

MediMary

Now if it was a hooker , and she came over, setup the system for me, and gave a free BJ to go along with it, I might consider this..
hahaha

M

MediMary

Oh man you know what would be PRICELESS.
If Dan from Under Current Guys called up this kris dude, and bought one of his setups, and then have it delivered over to the UC shop.
let the video cameras roll, I bet Kris's expression would be unforgettable.

Have a bunch of guys walk out with baseball bats, wearing UC shirts, UC systems setup everywhere.

LOLOLOL

A

antimatter

What if this Kris guy invented the system and CC knocked it off ? Fortunately for this Kris guy its just patent pending.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So.... I guess no one else shops for motorcycles on Craigslist while perusing Best Of, eh?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Honda family here. I'm keeping an eye open for an 1100 model, an Aero would be fantastic (love love love those retro looks). Not so big as a VTX that it'd be a pain to try to run the Sierra passes, but it has enough oomph to do a cross-state or Sierra-to-Bay Area run without breaking a sweat. I now need (want?) more than my 750 can provide.

And a backrest.

A

amstercal

No motorcycles for me, but Craig's List is great for baby gear. I guess we're all in different places. :-)
Unless they just got word, I'm pretty sure the UC's are patent pending. The guy wouldn't "have" to stop selling it. Current Culture would have to take him to court and prove it's a ripoff etc., that the specific thing they patented is on his system.

And starting with the white buckets I'm askeered of whatever else that guy has going. Marketing someone else's non-copyrighted and non-patented ideas may be the real world. Still makes you a jackhole.

M

MediMary

Oh man you know what would be PRICELESS.
If Dan from Under Current Guys called up this kris dude, and bought one of his setups, and then have it delivered over to the UC shop.
let the video cameras roll, I bet Kris's expression would be unforgettable.

Have a bunch of guys walk out with baseball bats, wearing UC shirts, UC systems setup everywhere.

LOLOLOL

Man, I actually talked with Daniel from UC today,
He is way to cool for people to be trying to ripp his ideas. Guy is hella chill. Ripping his company isnt like ripping off WalMart, its more like ripping off the local Mom & Pop store.

I was kinda joking about calling him over to do a setup, but now its sound like a better and better idea..
haha

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

FYI, those whites buckets on the website are circa 2005....in one of the UC proto systems, ah the good old days :)

Oval, thanks for sharing.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
What if this Kris guy invented the system and CC knocked it off ? Fortunately for this Kris guy its just patent pending.

Why is every post from you lately just stirring the pot? It seems like you enjoy typing shit that makes no since..Try contributing to this form every once in a while.:mad0223:

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
When you have a "patent pending" that means that after some pretty exhaustive reasearch, time, and money with attornies spent you have applied for protection with the patent office.

Really with the "patent pending" you have no real protection at all. Anyone is free to knockoff, copy, replicate, whatever..the protection only kicks in when you are awarded the actual US Patent No.. Once you have the patent number issued, you now have a potiential case against anyone who commercially profitted off your exact design or concept. Keep in mind that it your responsibility to bring suit against anyone that may have infringed on your patented design or concept. There is no "patent police" or big inforcemnet agency out there chasin it down, it all ends up in court in a patent infringement case with You vs. Whoever, it is a painful process, rarely win, oh and you pay the bill for all of it.

Last time I was in one was at least 15 years ago and you are lookin at $50k-$75k retainers to the attorney just for the investigation process, no trial yet, and the more successful the product, the more it is goin to cost you, trust me, it is a sliding scale and the attorney will tax you accordingly..We were dealing with $300,000 machines so they loved us..

International patents are even more absurd to fight in court..

You pretty much have to be able to prove a direct infringement that caused you harm in the market place and direct sales from the violating company of your specifically patented product or designs in the 10's of millions of dollars to really make it worth it even to pursue in court...I mean you can send out a few "cease and desist" letters from your attorney, but to throw down in court is a different story, especially in an infringement case, experts witnesses, independent design studies, engineers, etc...cost a ton..that is why you really only see cases brought in big intellectual properties companies, capitol goods, or high technology, those are pretty much the only guys that have damages that rise to the threshold to take the case forward, companies like Dell, Microsoft, Oracle, TI, all are always involved in these cases but they have billions at risk and on the table, deals with governments, world trade groups, etc...way different scale but the cost and process are basically the same...painfull

In about three years, when the actual patent is issued from the US Patent office and if any violating companies are still around, you defineatly have the option to sue them for violating your patent...but it rarely works out economically and isn't persued..

Build a better mouse trap...alot easier

Tex

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My God, $50K as a RETAINER? I was wondering how you became so well-versed in the patent process, TK.

Maybe I should have studied law instead of graphic design. <rolling my eyes>

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

JK's Minnion?

Why is every post from you lately just stirring the pot? It seems like you enjoy typing shit that makes no since..Try contributing to this form every once in a while.:mad0223:

I was thinking the same thing.....maybe he/she should change his/her screen name to Antisocial..or possibly Doesn'tmatter :)

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Schoolin, not foolin

When you have a "patent pending" that means that after some pretty exhaustive reasearch, time, and money with attornies spent you have applied for protection with the patent office.

Really with the "patent pending" you have no real protection at all. Anyone is free to knockoff, copy, replicate, whatever..the protection only kicks in when you are awarded the actual US Patent No.. Once you have the patent number issued, you now have a potiential case against anyone who commercially profitted off your exact design or concept. Keep in mind that it your responsibility to bring suit against anyone that may have infringed on your patented design or concept. There is no "patent police" or big inforcemnet agency out there chasin it down, it all ends up in court in a patent infringement case with You vs. Whoever, it is a painful process, rarely win, oh and you pay the bill for all of it.

Last time I was in one was at least 15 years ago and you are lookin at $50k-$75k retainers to the attorney just for the investigation process, no trial yet, and the more successful the product, the more it is goin to cost you, trust me, it is a sliding scale and the attorney will tax you accordingly..We were dealing with $300,000 machines so they loved us..

International patents are even more absurd to fight in court..

You pretty much have to be able to prove a direct infringement that caused you harm in the market place and direct sales from the violating company of your specifically patented product or designs in the 10's of millions of dollars to really make it worth it even to pursue in court...I mean you can send out a few "cease and desist" letters from your attorney, but to throw down in court is a different story, especially in an infringement case, experts witnesses, independent design studies, engineers, etc...cost a ton..that is why you really only see cases brought in big intellectual properties companies, capitol goods, or high technology, those are pretty much the only guys that have damages that rise to the threshold to take the case forward, companies like Dell, Microsoft, Oracle, TI, all are always involved in these cases but they have billions at risk and on the table, deals with governments, world trade groups, etc...way different scale but the cost and process are basically the same...painfull

In about three years, when the actual patent is issued from the US Patent office and if any violating companies are still around, you defineatly have the option to sue them for violating your patent...but it rarely works out economically and isn't persued..

Build a better mouse trap...alot easier

Tex

Class Dismissed

C

calicoli

Coincidence? So the other day I see another ad on Craigslist but this one for a real UC. The deal sounded too good to be true so I leave my number and get a call within minutes. Sounds like an expert UC owner and tells me he makes his own. Well I didn't think about it until after I got home and checked out his YOUTUBE video. Turns out it is the guy who makes the COPY white systems that I posted last August!!
Either way he hooked me up nice for $1100! I will be upgrading the air pumps and a few things. I also found a titanium 1/2 hp chiller for $300 on Craigslist the same day. :rasta2:
peace

IMG 3662
IMG 3663
IMG 3669
C

calicoli

thanks I will start a thread once I get going. plan is to run all 40 buckets under 12k
peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom