UC - dbxl13 x 24 site - Temperatures throughout system issue

• Thread starter BCrocker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCrocker

BCrocker

I have setup a few submersible thermostats in different buckets. I have a Blue Lab Guardian in the Epi. I have a coil in the epi that is cooled by a ChillKing 2HP, set at 58 F with normal differential of 5. Doesn't run that often.

These are the temps currently..

Epi 58 F
Far corner 54 F
Central bucket on left side 66 F

Thoughts? I am thinking maybe a Magdrive 2400 instead of the 1800 would assist with this problem?

BCrocker

BCrocker

Set it to 60 and I will see what the temps are in an hour or so.. growth has been pretty slow

B

Buddy Hemphill

Is everything wrapped up? Could radiant heat be the culprit, beating on your pipes and buckets?

St3ve

St3ve

Not to be Capt.Obvious but did you calibrate the thermometers in the same water at first to see how close they measure to each other?

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
It would be highly unlikely to have the system temp rise in the middle of the system but then decrease again at the last module....especially given there is nothing to cool down the solution from the mid onto the last modules.

Ur epi will likely be lower because of the coil but other than that the solution will equalize once it homoginizes. The solution acts more as one mass rather than multiple individual volumes of water.

Only in the event you added in a warmer or cooler mass of water might you experience dif temps in mods as the solution slowly mixes and achieves equilibrium.

Try using the same therm to take all ur readings to ensure continuity. Feel free to hit us up if the inconsistencies persist and we'll help u trouble shoot.

N

noone88

That seems pretty standard temperature deviation when I was using a cooling coil. It all comes down to the amount of lighting that you use. The whole UC system acts like a radiator and will absorb the heat in the grow room.

Try to wrap the grow centers and pvc piping with reflectix. That will help.

BCrocker

BCrocker

Is everything wrapped up? Could radiant heat be the culprit, beating on your pipes and buckets?

The buckets are wrapped around. I will get a pick up soon.

Not to be Capt.Obvious but did you calibrate the thermometers in the same water at first to see how close they measure to each other?

Yes, I have tested all 3 thermometers in the same bucket, all within .1 of a degree.

It would be highly unlikely to have the system temp rise in the middle of the system but then decrease again at the last module....especially given there is nothing to cool down the solution from the mid onto the last modules.

Ur epi will likely be lower because of the coil but other than that the solution will equalize once it homoginizes. The solution acts more as one mass rather than multiple individual volumes of water.

Only in the event you added in a warmer or cooler mass of water might you experience dif temps in mods as the solution slowly mixes and achieves equilibrium.

Try using the same therm to take all ur readings to ensure continuity. Feel free to hit us up if the inconsistencies persist and we'll help u trouble shoot.

I understand the epi would be lower.. it's weird. The entire left barrel of the double barrel setup is about 10F warmer than the right side. I will get some pictures up asap.

That seems pretty standard temperature deviation when I was using a cooling coil. It all comes down to the amount of lighting that you use. The whole UC system acts like a radiator and will absorb the heat in the grow room.

Try to wrap the grow centers and pvc piping with reflectix. That will help.

I will wrap the pipes next.. just weird how one side is 10 F higher than the other side :s

BCrocker

BCrocker

Ok so here are some pictures and my findings...

I turned off all air pumps.

I turned off both return valves before the filters.

Turned cold side valve ON, return works and pumps water into the Epi.

Turned cold valve OFF.

Turned hot valve ON. Nothing happens... no current, pump gurggles, no water flower.

Just a shitty phone camera for now.

No wonder these things are not growing.. I turned off all air and there is no water movement at all... :s

IMG 20111107 00088
IMG 20111107 00094
IMG 20111107 00095
DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

so glad I'm not dealing with the headaches of UC growing anymore...

best of luck

thanks for the reminder

BCrocker

BCrocker

meh, I'm not giving up lol. It just some silly issue. This system is going to work great soonish. :)

BCrocker

BCrocker

Issue resolved, clogged hose. 64.2 to 64.6 throughout entire system.

Z

Zensai

What we found was best was to get rid of all of the poly hose, and run PVC, just use a union that has a disconnect. We have zero flow issues now, the poly hose has been the biggest challenge. Also watch for hydroton getting stuck in the inline filter.

BCrocker

BCrocker

What we found was best was to get rid of all of the poly hose, and run PVC, just use a union that has a disconnect. We have zero flow issues now, the poly hose has been the biggest challenge. Also watch for hydroton getting stuck in the inline filter.

Good call. I will be doing this upgrade next drain!

Latest posts

Top Bottom