• Tagged users None
UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
DSCN12951.JPG

UC Earth growing Tomatoes & Amaranths

DSCN13221.JPG

Epi w/ perpetual sub current, passive aeration, drip pump, float valve, drain valve

DSCN12892.JPG

Return pump & drip manifold

DSCN12931.JPG

UC Healthy?

DSCN13192.JPG

1" Drain at base of Growth Mod

DSCN13231.JPG

Drain back filled with media

DSCN1296.JPG

UC OG mesh bottom smart insert before planting

DSCN13292.JPG

UC OG mesh bottom smart insert promoting proper drainage

DSCN13211.JPG

Insert in Growth Mod (which will be CCH2O Blue when released)

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
UC Earth

The UC Earth proto was developed to accomodate soilless substrates such as coco, sunshine mixes, Black Gold, All Mix, high perlite ratio mixes, rockwool cubettes, etc. It affords the usage of teas, inocs, guanos and other biologically derived inputs. The growth medium in the specialized "smart" insert acts as the habitat for the bio tribes and a great place to top dress in less soluble inputs like guanos and castings. We recommend the use of very dilute teas in the system to be dripped, reserving the more insoluble components to be top feed by hand (occasional hand top waterings are beneficial) so as to avoid mucking the drip system.

This is NOT an RDWC system....but rather a drain to recirculate (DTR), media based system with recirculation beneath the growth mods to collect and homogenize the solution, which is continually recirculated and then intermittenly dripped (frequency and duration of drip depends on the substrate chosen and the plants usage) through the grow medium....super basic.

The UC Earth proto has a variety of unique features (Deep 5 gallon SQ. buckets, customized square mesh bottomed smart pot inserts for superior drainage, 1" EZ Use plug n play manifolds) but much like the UC was designed to be as simple as possible for ease of use.

And most notably, the UC Earth differs from the UC in that it doesn't necessitate a chiller or an air pump to operate properly.

We'll be offering more info on the system as we get closer to it's release, which will be sometime in Sept-Oct....email CC if you'd like to be notified when it's available.

Thoughts on the name?

UC OG

or

UC Earth

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Awesome intro bud! UC Earth FTW... :cool

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
well you showed off all the stuff I was holding out on showing

trying to finish the room revamp - just got my hoods today (finally)

I will have the system completely setup and in in the flower room sometime tomoorow

and its a good thing becasue only 4 days in them pots and I am already running out of room under the t5's

super cropped them last night at dinner and when I went in before bed to check on everything they all had stood straight back up already

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
earth to me makes me think its gonna be a dirt system

I like the Og for organically grown personally - but already have a page of people hating on the OG moniker in my thread

but hey you know what kat williams says about haters

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Hmmm... How about CCH2OG? :wondering

I'd like to hear about the details of nutrient strength and recycle on and off durations with a coco and chunky perlite mix in a 1:1 ratio... :thinking

C

CAPO

I've got high hopes for this model..thanks for giving us the inside track!

I like something like UC Bio or UC Earth or UC DTR.

J

JAHGYDI

cant wait for this system to hit the market. thanx for the detailed pics. i like both names. but probaly would go with earth.

P

PRODUCT

what is your absolute ideal medium for this system?

looks like we need to come up with a name that brings out

ORGANIC EARTH DIRT
AND STEROIDS SUPER FERRARI EFFICIENT

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
what is your absolute ideal medium for this system?

looks like we need to come up with a name that brings out

ORGANIC EARTH DIRT
AND STEROIDS SUPER FERRARI EFFICIENT

so far botanicare ready mix is the cats meow

its pretty much 50/50 pythy coco and perlite

the mix is designed to be watered 4-6 times a day

St3ve

St3ve

Looks pretty good. I like not draining to waste myself as well as its.. wasteful.

earth to me makes me think its gonna be a dirt system

I like the Og for organically grown personally

Agreed.. Earth sounds like it would need to have "earth" (dirt) in it. I do like the OG as well..

or you could simply call it UCnatural or something

C

Chillville

Premium Member
Supporter
Will the water need to be chilled in this system like the UC? Seems like water temp wouldn't be as critical with this system.

S

SofaKingHigh

+1 UC TITS. Because who the fugg wouldn't like 2C TITS!?

Unless you're on a Captain Planet vibe, you've already got water and now earth. An aeroponics setup and a CCH2O bong, then you've got your wind and fire.

"Captain CCH2O, he's our hero. Gonna yield hella fat and bring the competition down to zero."

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
No chillers or air pumps are required from what I understand, only the primary water pump and drip pump to plug in...

Tex

j wizzle

j wizzle

how well do these systems work outdoors?? like on a semi shaded patio? would be cool to do a veggie/fruit garden in one of these.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
the OG prototype is running just fine in the parking lot outside the CC office

Top Bottom