UC module placement with verts

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Space is like 20x35 ft.

I'm looking to build one big rectangular space to fit 36 UC modules. The goal is the use the fewest # of lights to keep the temps as low as possible.

The systems are currently set up as 9 sites UCXXL 40" centers, 3x3 + epi.

I want to make it one big 36 module sequence instead of laying down 4 identical rows of 3x3.

Can I run all the buckets along the outside walls, run a row of verts, and throw smart pots with coco mix in the middle of the room to maximize space for growing?

Maybe I'm getting too aggressive? Thoughts?

J

Jalisco Kid

If you are asking these kind of questions,unless you have the money for failures I would think twice about it. You will come across a lot more harder question running tank systems. JK
yes and yes, you are the master of your own room.It is all on you. Good luck

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

If you are asking these kind of questions,unless you have the money for failures I would think twice about it. You will come across a lot more harder question running tank systems. JK
yes and yes, you are the master of your own room.It is all on you. Good luck

good call, just trying to get overly creative...was inspired by Q9's "here we go again" room...

J

Jalisco Kid

I wanted to come back and say I have seen first time growers run in my tanks and did well. So if you set it up right, have a killer designed a/c and ventilation sys. Wash your hands and never wear street clothes in there. You could get a good run. But a lot of people enter this thinking there room will be like the one in the pictures. Its a lot of money to invest, I ran a room just about 4 feet longer and hit 89 lbs from 32 plants.That was my first time in the GM 500. Room should of had 26 plants and I would have grown the same weight easier. So if you feel it pull the trigger, you might want to cover your ass though and have some in coir. And I should say I am prejudiced against those tank designs. The hydrus is even a better design in my opinion. I would upgrade the pump if you were going to use their equipment. I hope you quit growing because your harvest was so big and you couldn't take the trimming. JK

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Thanks, Boss.

I've done well in the UC, and the reason I'm interested in manipulating the setup is because I do want to be able to add some plants on the floor in smart pots w/ soil/coir/chow etc.

Where can I find more info about the available layouts and pricing of the hydrus?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks, Boss.

I've done well in the UC, and the reason I'm interested in manipulating the setup is because I do want to be able to add some plants on the floor in smart pots w/ soil/coir/chow etc.

Where can I find more info about the available layouts and pricing of the hydrus?

I've been hard at work answering this question from another perspective. Check out my thread in the trees forum, 'oh my God, he turned it inside out' for more details. Suffice to say here that there's a lot more to it than tanks.

J

Jalisco Kid

I've been hard at work answering this question from another perspective. Check out my thread in the trees forum, 'oh my God, he turned it inside out' for more details. Suffice to say here that there's a lot more to it than tanks.

There is a lot to tank design when all else is equal. JK

ttystikk

ttystikk

There is a lot to tank design when all else is equal. JK

Agreed, and I'm not running down the importance of good tanks in general or your obvious skill in making them in any way. My point is different;

What if all else were NOT equal? I see no reason why your tanks would be incompatible with the vertical growing approach I'm doing, as you've already done the work of making them grow trees so well. What if you could gain even more with vertical inside out style trellising?

I'm not saying your tanks, or anyone's tanks are bad, I'm merely saying we must also be thinking outside them.

Top Bottom