Uc Roots Vs? Best Alternative...

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slimjimham

slimjimham

Ok so I'm using uc roots and I feel like im paying way too much for what it is... Maybe I'm being cynical but I feel like it's not much more than a sterilizing agent.

Anyways I know bleach at 1ml a gallon is an option...

I hear diluted pool shock is another solution...

What do you think is best and what ratios... And is it really just as good as uc roots?

The uc roots works great, if I have a problem in veg i pump 6-8ml a gallon and it starts pumping out root growth in a day or two after....

Im a bit hesitant on bleach since its so harsh/do I want to be smoking that?

Help me out... Keep buying uc roots or switch it up?

Id like to start a test run with the other system so I can compare the performance of the two side my side....

Also if pool shock what's the brand you buy? THANKS! I know this info is out there but I'm curious what people feel, if they've switched back or never looking back from switching ha

slimjimham

slimjimham

Any experience is helpful but if you've run two methods or all and find one better please explain why and how long you have been running that setup.

Im doing well but I feel my roots are suffering slightly and therefore my yield prob is too... Like now I'm flushing a round before harvest and the ph dips to 5.1 today, okc changed it out but this seems to always happen. I'm thinking about ro filter even though I know people in hydro in my town with no prob but maybe my street has shoot in the pipes?

I think if I was using uc roots as much as I should it would be 4ml per gallon (double recommendation)

All my water in res's/tanks have a slight sour smell... Nothing too bad but nothing I'd want to drink either, and that includes top off res's with pain water after a couple days with 1-2ml uc roots... Like when I'm filling eek I can get a bit of that almost sour dough smell. So leeds me to believe it's something with my water. Recently got a danner 40w uv filter I'm not really using as I should be... I should prob have it in a main res running on a 12/12 timer(because light shines through) for all water used... But I typically just pump it out of the hose into the system/topoff tank

(30ppm 7.1ph 500scale, others have no problem running this city water)

If you're a follower my veg res changes always slime up on me....

This time it's not so bad at all... Prob the best change I've had, I put 9ml 30% h2o2 in 27 gallons of water (let it sit overnight) then my nutes @330ppm+125ml uc roots, I've since added 30 ml uc roots 2 days in a row. Some plants roots have light cream color but barly... I know if I dropped in another 150ml uc roots everything would get bright white but I don't want to have to always do that at the cost of uc roots. Even w 5 gallon jugs it gets pricy

Top Bottom