UC Solo??

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

Any info on them?

I have an 'idea', but just curious what info is out in the wild.

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

Seemed like just a single DWC bucket. Did you also see the UC Eco? 5 gallon buckets, square like all the others. Makes me not feel so bad about thinking about using regular 5 gallon buckets lol.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

ahh I just looked at the new cch2o pdf, I thought you were talking about someone doing a DIY solo bucket system using UC parts, didn't realize they have a "UC Solo"
:joint:

I had done a 2 bucket setup for a mother(a module and epicenter...) I think the solo is just a standalone DWC bucket from the looks of it.

R

RMCG

Haven't seen the eco and yeah, assumed it was a standalone unit. Would love to see a pic CM.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

def, ill post a couple up later this afternoon after I get back :) :joint:

B

BavarianFarmer

Pictures and info of the eco are in the pdf 2011 catalogue at cch20.com also.

R

RMCG

Cool. I rarely pull down the pdf. Looks like they added LOTS of new stuff, cool coil, module hoodies, etc.

'Solo' is exactly what I thought it was.

S

SofaKingHigh

It's also in this video.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=845n4hxknim&sns=em[/YOUTUBE]

How do you keep it cool though?

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

that video no work sofaking ..
you could run cool coils in each Solo

S

SofaKingHigh

Mmm hmm. Because having to manage even 2 solo buckets would prove to be a pain in the long run.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

UC Solo... Demistified

UC Solo is in fact a single module water culture system.

Great for moms and stand alone plants, heck someone could grow a 5ft. bomber under 1k pretty easily.

Snapped a couple shots the last time I was at CCH2O. They were experimenting with some new cages...

Photo
R

RMCG

UC Solo is in fact a single module water culture system.

Great for moms and stand alone plants, heck someone could grow a 5ft. bomber under 1k pretty easily.

Snapped a couple shots the last time I was at CCH2O. They were experimenting with some new cages...

Cool. Thanks, as always.

I saw those plants stakes at the denver expo, who makes them again? They were badass, snapped together to go around existing plants, had neat clips too. Should have grabbed their card...

M

medicine21

Ultimate Plant Cage made by Global Garden Friends

Any idea on the diameter of the base. What size of netpot would you need to stick this in?

Their website is not working properly...

J

JAHGYDI

would this be a good start for someone with no hydro experience other than coco? chiller needed?

R

RMCG

Ultimate Plant Cage made by Global Garden Friends

Any idea on the diameter of the base. What size of netpot would you need to stick this in?

Their website is not working properly...

Thanks UCMENOW!

med - IIRC they had a few different sizes, but they also seemed infinitely 'adjustable'. Tough to explain without seeing them in person, but they were pretty damn neat.

M

medicine21

I reached out to the makers of this Ultimate Plant Cage, here is the response:

Thanks for your interest . The smallest size mesh pot would be a 5". General Hydroponics has one in there line that is a light brown or tan color that looks as if it were designed for the Ultimate Plant Cage. The reason I say that is because all 3 legs on the cage fit into the small holes inside the bottom of the pot and actually lock in. I just figured this out a couple days ago while doing some R and D with the two. I think It would be a great system .

I would recommend growing plants for a few weeks in the mesh pot with cage already in it , then when enough roots come through transfer to a larger bucket. This would make a nice clean and sturdy plant support system. Just a thought. We wish you success.

Regards,

Mike Donaldson
CEO, President
Global Garden Friends, Inc.

H

Hythloth

I've been curious about these lately. Do they do anything special that a cheaper waterfarm or DIY bubble bucket can't do? Still trying to figure these things out. I can't find much info. Has anyone started a log with one of these yet?

Top Bottom