UC specific checklist. A list I use to check my UC daily. pleast critique.

• Thread starter UCtestn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

UCtestn

UC specific checklist. A list I use to check my UC daily. Please critique.

I would like

This list is specific to the UC. I have several other items like check bottom of leaves and misc stuff.

Check Air Pump / Bubbles (make sure there are bubbles)
Water Temp
PPM
PH
Air Temp
Humidity
UC Water Level
R/O on/off? (I don't have a auto shut off on my clean water rez yet)
level on feed rez

Check Water Flow in epicenter (already found slower flow once from a hydroton pebble that made it to the pump) My water temps rose from it's usual point as well - I assume because it was not getting enough flow.

R

RMCG

Yet another reason to either use a separate pump for the chiller or a cool coil.

4.D.

great list, one thing i could think of is to check the uniseals for leaks? I had a slow leak in a six site i built. It sucked

S

Stoney419

I had a piece of hydroton in one of mine as well slowing the water flow

ttystikk

ttystikk

you should also keep track of the EC

ppm and EC both measure the same thing; electrical conductivity in the water due to dissolved solids, they're only different scales. Of the two, EC is the more direct measurement and less prone to inaccurate interpretation.

PPM is EC times 500, or 700- depending on whose measurements you're using- very confusing and misinterpreting one for the other leads to too much or too little nutrient. Both bad.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I would like

This list is specific to the UC. I have several other items like check bottom of leaves and misc stuff.

Check Air Pump / Bubbles (make sure there are bubbles)
Water Temp
PPM
PH
Air Temp
Humidity
UC Water Level
R/O on/off? (I don't have a auto shut off on my clean water rez yet)
level on feed rez

Check Water Flow in epicenter (already found slower flow once from a hydroton pebble that made it to the pump) My water temps rose from it's usual point as well - I assume because it was not getting enough flow.

I'd call this an RDWC specific checklist. The one thing I check that's not already on here is my CO2 ppm.

To resolve the hydroton pebble in the pump return line problem, I suggest using a tail bucket; the return lines go into a 5 gallon bucket that the pump then sits in. This has several advantages:
1. the pump can be operated with its filter sleeve in place, reducing the chances of foreign material gumming things up.
2. If the grower puts his amendments (nutes, water, etc) in the tail bucket, they have double the opportunity to dilute before hitting growing sites, reducing potential problems.
3. This bucket will naturally accumulate the crud floating around any RDWC that's been running for awhile, allowing the grower to see it and take action if necessary.
4. it's a very convenient place to put the chiller coil, if the head bucket, aka 'epicenter', is too crowded or not in a good spot to reach.

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I'd call this an RDWC specific checklist. The one thing I check that's not already on here is my CO2 ppm.

To resolve the hydroton pebble in the pump return line problem, I suggest using a tail bucket; the return lines go into a 5 gallon bucket that the pump then sits in. This has several advantages:
1. the pump can be operated with its filter sleeve in place, reducing the chances of foreign material gumming things up.
2. If the grower puts his amendments (nutes, water, etc) in the tail bucket, they have double the opportunity to dilute before hitting growing sites, reducing potential problems.
3. This bucket will naturally accumulate the crud floating around any RDWC that's been running for awhile, allowing the grower to see it and take action if necessary.
4. it's a very convenient place to put the chiller coil, if the head bucket, aka 'epicenter', is too crowded or not in a good spot to reach.

You are a freaking genius!!!! So would I just remove my two in line filters run the two hoses to the 5 gal then put pump in 5 gal... Can this be done with one pump or do you need two

H

hogan400

I record all the morning and night stuff you mentioned and co2 daily in a weekly form. I also record any nute swaps/additions in ml and top off changes/additions so I can start to evaluate how much is being gobbled up from day to day...

Grow log is king, so is repair kit, emergency kit and manual kit.

here is a pic of mine currently, there will be a few simple upgrades...

Once I get this uc thing figured out, I will be less stressed

IMG 6563
IMG 6558
ttystikk

ttystikk

You are a freaking genius!!!! So would I just remove my two in line filters run the two hoses to the 5 gal then put pump in 5 gal... Can this be done with one pump or do you need two

All the lines that would have gone to the pump instead go into the 5 gallon bucket. Then, you just place the pump in the bottom of that bucket, run the line to the epicenter like normal, and let 'er rip. One pump is all that's necessary.

deacon1503

deacon1503

ppm and EC both measure the same thing; electrical conductivity in the water due to dissolved solids, they're only different scales. Of the two, EC is the more direct measurement and less prone to inaccurate interpretation.

PPM is EC times 500, or 700- depending on whose measurements you're using- very confusing and misinterpreting one for the other leads to too much or too little nutrient. Both bad.

PPM is a measure of total dissolved solids (TDS), meaning a measurement of everything in the water, measured in either the 500 or 700 scale. Each meter calculates PPM from an EC reading.

EC measures the strength of the nutrient solution by determining the concentration of chemical (element) salts ie. N, P, K, Ca, Mg, etc. This calculation is an industry standard.

PPM measures the contents of the whole solution and EC measures the actual nutrient portion available to the plant. Certain additives with increase PPM, but will have no impact on EC (aquashield, etc, or most products with no NPK). I watch my EC during flower to determine exactly how much the girls are eating, PPM provides a vague answer to that question.

Top Bottom