UC4XL- Critical Kush Round 3!

• Thread starter NWElite89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NWElite89

I am back at it again for Round 3! Its been a while since I have posted a grow diary on here, so I decided to change that. My strain is Critical Kush from Barneys Farm and I have been growing/perfecting it for the last year and half. This will probably be my last time growing this strain before I move on to something new. My goal for the project is to see if I can hit 1lb for 4 plants using the scrog method (5x5).

EQUIPMENT:
(2) Magnum XXL 8" Reflector
(2)1000W Ballast (1000,750,600)...super lumens which I dont use
(4) Rubbermaid 14 Gallon Tubs
(1) 1200 gph water pump
(1) Alita Ap-60 air pump
(8) 4" air disc (2 in each module)

NUTRIENT LINE
House and Garden-
Aqua Flakes A+B
Bud Booster
Multi-Zen
Drip Clean
Bud XL
Top Booster
Magic Green
General Hydroponics- Cal/Mag*

CURRENT- (WEEK 4)
Here are some photos of the past 10 days
I had a minor set back on week 3 for feeding. I had discovered a little root rot beginning along with overfeeding. They have recovered very nicely these past few days. Going to do a change out in a few days. I hope to have a the screen in place in the next 5-7 days. *The plant/clone in the middle is a cross of Northern Lights x Big Bud*

Current Conditions:
1500Watts- MH (Dual Spectrum)

Room Temp- 75
Water Temp- 67
Humidity- 58%
PPMS- 260
PH 5.8

Uc4xl  critical kush round 3
Uc4xl  critical kush round 3 2
Uc4xl  critical kush round 3 3
Uc4xl  critical kush round 3 4
Uc4xl  critical kush round 3 5
Uc4xl  critical kush round 3 6
Uc4xl  critical kush round 3 7
Uc4xl  critical kush round 3 8
Uc4xl  critical kush round 3 9
Uc4xl  critical kush round 3 10
Uc4xl  critical kush round 3 11
Uc4xl  critical kush round 3 12
Uc4xl  critical kush round 3 13
monkeymun

monkeymun

Oh nice, getting a front row seat for this one! UC grows are epic.

Looking good so far. Hope that root rot doesn't come back. The roots in that photo look healthy from where I am.

Best of luck to you dude!

N

NWElite89

Thanks! I have not seen any more more signs of the root rot. Things are only looking up from here.I am excited to get the screen up and start filing those squares up.

GhostFace

GhostFace

look'n real lush..get that screen up quick_ keep us posted man
:blackalien: g00dlUck

N

NWElite89

Quick Update:

The ladies are doing very well and have been eating like crazy! They have gone through 170ppm in six days. Just finishing up the final touches of the screen and will be up and running very soon. I have decided that I am going to put the net at height of the 16". This way when I switch to a different strain such as a sativa, I will be able to have the ample height for the reflectors and fans to keep room temperature in check. I can always had risers if I need to adjust, but I think it should suffice for now . I also decided that I am going with 4" squares on a 5x5' scrog. Should be interesting these next few days.

PH- 5.9
PPM- 210
Temp 67.2

IMAG0132
IMAG0133
IMAG0134
N

NWElite89

Putting the screen inside the room was interesting fit, but nonetheless it works. currently set at a height of 16". I have pulled some branches through the net and everything seems to be working correctly. I am thinking about another week to 10 days of veg to fill out the screen a little bit more. The lights needed to be adjusted, so I raised them another 4 inches to give better cooling and coverage. Finally, I gave them one last feeding at 380ppm.

IMAG0162
IMAG0166
IMAG0170
IMAG0171
IMAG0172
N

NWElite89

Decided to do some light trimming of the ladies today, mainly to get rid of unnecessary leaves and improve airflow. I'll do a secondary/final trim once I get into 2nd week of flower.

IMAG0185
IMAG0187
IMAG0189
N

NWElite89

Woke up to the ph swing downward (5.8-5.1) and the ppm went up 30 (260-290. Drained and flushed the system twice. Fresh batch of nutrients in at 360ppm. Ill watch closely over the new 24 hours or so, but I think I everything will be fine.

N

NWElite89

Flower stage has arrived!

Switched out the bulbs and raised the light another 4 inches. I noticed that the HPS bulbs run a little hotter than my MH. Flushed the system and put in new nutrients along with mult-zen at 420ppm. I will probably have to run an extra fan at night to keep the temperatures in check. I did some last minute training before the flip and I am hoping that I can fill a few more squares.

N

NWElite89

room temperature is about 78-80 on a consistent basis. I turned off the humidifier last couple days and so far its been working great :).
Here are the updated shots:

IMAG0249
IMAG0254
IMAG0256
IMAG0262
N

NWElite89

The girls drank some serious water in the past few days. I could hear my pump getting low on water as I went to check on them today. The plants only ate 50ppm in 48 hours, but sucked up 30 gallons and it only was 75 last night. That's pretty fast for me and caught me off guard as I usually don't have that problem until mid bloom. I have to say that these stalks are getting massive and are definitely the largest I've ever grown. I topped off the system with water and nutrients currently at 380ppm

N

NWElite89

I forgot to load some of the close ups last night. I was also having slow water pressure in the system and found out that the roots had been growing in the pipes. Pulled the roots out of the pipes and the rest went to the filter which I pulled out. Everything is back to normal and has excellent flow. Flushed the system and put in new nutrients. System is currently sitting at 5.7ph and 450ppm.

IMAG0286
IMAG0288
IMAG0289
IMAG0292
IMAG0295
Top Bottom