Image1
Image2
Image3
Image4
Image5
Image6
BDGrows

BDGrows

Do you have an established root base yet? Could be they're not feeling cool enough from the water due to them not having a sufficient enough root base. Could also be that your undercurrent is too much and is thrashing the roots causing death. Your ppms, pH, and everything else looks to be in order other than that.

pdasterly

pdasterly

roots are established, the inline 1000gph pump capacity is greatly reduced due to the water chiller being located in the room above(12ft) where the uc system is located
ive grown dwc for 2 years with no issue hydroguard didnt fix, definately never lost a plant

Do you have an established root base yet? Could be they're not feeling cool enough from the water due to them not having a sufficient enough root base. Could also be that your undercurrent is too much and is thrashing the roots causing death. Your ppms, pH, and everything else looks to be in order other than that.

pdasterly

pdasterly

so im at wits end with this, doesnt make sense. Today i cut the airstones in half(reduced from 2 per bucket to 1 stone per bucket, fingers crossed

hit them with some calmag as well

H

heisen

way to much water flow and not enough air.you need at least 600 watts of air compressors to give you enough disolved oxygen.You do not need 600 gallons of water for that many plants that close together.You need smaller totes and scale back your gallons,drop your GPH pump down,Hydroguard cant work in a fast moving system.It needs slower moving water,and you need way more air and stones if your gonna stick with 600 gallons which is totally unnecessary.

pdasterly

pdasterly

hard to find shorter totes with this much surface area(4x2), i agree, way too much water
i have 6 air force 80 pumps(84w each)
the inline pump(1000gph) is reduced to under 200gph due to head height, return flow from chiller confirms this(water trickles out)

way to much water flow and not enough air.you need at least 600 watts of air compressors to give you enough disolved oxygen.You do not need 600 gallons of water for that many plants that close together.You need smaller totes and scale back your gallons,drop your GPH pump down,Hydroguard cant work in a fast moving system.It needs slower moving water,and you need way more air and stones if your gonna stick with 600 gallons which is totally unnecessary.

H

heisen

hard to find shorter totes with this much surface area(4x2), i agree, way too much water
i have 6 air force 80 pumps(84w each)
the inline pump(1000gph) is reduced to under 200gph due to head height, return flow from chiller confirms this(water trickles out)
You need at least 400 gallons an hour to recirculate through everything.i think you have bottlenecks and very low dis oxygen.i can see it in your plants on the end totes.way to much water.
If you need help building a recirculating system to cover that much floor space and only use 100 gallons let me.know.

pdasterly

pdasterly

truth hurts but yes after this run i will tear down and rebuild:(
takes a little over a hour to drain system, using 2" pvc with uniseal, the connections are staggered so there shouldnt be any dead spots

the smaller plants are the replacements for the ones that wilted

You need at least 400 gallons an hour to recirculate through everything.i think you have bottlenecks and very low dis oxygen.i can see it in your plants on the end totes.way to much water.
If you need help building a recirculating system to cover that much floor space and only use 100 gallons let me.know.

Last edited:
pdasterly

pdasterly

Took plant to Dr, he says broad mites
pulled every plant and dunked whole plant in solution of azamax/defguard/Prevasyn

pdasterly

pdasterly

i sprayed them about a week ago because i seen a flying black bug in the rez, i believe it was a root aphid, but then i only seen maybe one a day and no more than 3 or 4 max

i sprayed them with azamax and drenched roots
Would think plants with that much of an issue would be covered up in bugs.just saying

H

heisen

i sprayed them about a week ago because i seen a flying black bug in the rez, i believe it was a root aphid, but then i only seen maybe one a day and no more than 3 or 4 max

i sprayed them with azamax and drenched roots
Flying black bugs in the res was a drain fly.annoying but pretty harmless.i doubt you have enough mites to cause that much problem if you cant find bugs.i would keep looking for a solution.

pdasterly

pdasterly

checked sticky traps, looks like white flies on my traps

Flying black bugs in the res was a drain fly.annoying but pretty harmless.i doubt you have enough mites to cause that much problem if you cant find bugs.i would keep looking for a solution.

Top Bottom