Uh-oh, is this a hermy?

• Thread starter malachii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
malachii

malachii

This is my first grow (as some of you know - thanks for all the help thus far!), and I've never seen a hermy, but I think this might be one. I see balls, and the plant is 3 weeks into flowering... But it's possible that this is a normal female part that's about to turn into a bud? I'm not sure.

If it is a ball, do I search the plant and pluck, or dispose of the plant?

Thanks!

Uh oh is this a hermy
Rushoe

Rushoe

ur fine thats not a hermi those things poke more out the buds like yellow spikes almost u would be able to tell for sure when u see one. dont worry carry on.

malachii

malachii

Phew! Thanks. Thought those 2 bulbs in the middle were balls.

jagle

jagle

seed calayx on the stem, i found some myself on my killing fields, only noticed em cos mine were purple, thats not something to sorry about, i dont think

johnursery

johnursery

yea those are just calyx's on the main stem, if they are forming seeds inside then there was pollen from some source that found there way to them, but they look like they may just be swollen from naturaly maturing

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Give that gal (100% by my take, GREAT photo) a little boost with a good P/K product. If she were mine, I might go with a guano with 0% nitrogen, or some Big Bud (powdered, haven't been able to find that in a while) or liquid Koolbloom @ around 1/4tsp/5gals. Also, a little molasses never hurt nobody... oh, wait, there was that one time, in January....

By the by, you're doing pretty nicely with her, she's a very happy lady.

malachii

malachii

Give that gal (100% by my take, GREAT photo) a little boost with a good P/K product. If she were mine, I might go with a guano with 0% nitrogen, or some Big Bud (powdered, haven't been able to find that in a while) or liquid Koolbloom @ around 1/4tsp/5gals. Also, a little molasses never hurt nobody... oh, wait, there was that one time, in January....

By the by, you're doing pretty nicely with her, she's a very happy lady.

Hey nice to hear from you again - thanks for all the help in other threads these past few weeks.

Is there something in the picture that hints at the need for P/K? (I'm just a little ignorant - learning is good for me).

About the molasses, did you pick January randomly, or did you mean this:?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Molasses_Disaster

edit: Forgot to add - she's my only surviving 'Pot of Gold' plant. Her clones also didn't take. I'm quite sad, because she handled the many stresses of my newb-ness better than the others. I may try to re-veg a branch. I should probably do that now.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The only thing in the picture that hints at the need for P/K is the fact that she's trying to build buds and you'll get a noticeable swelling if you dose her at the right times. No, I didn't randomly choose January. Try taking another lower branch, the softest possible, see if you can get that to take.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
those are called

primordial calyxes or maturity calyxes

Top Bottom