Uhmmm?

• Thread starter Briand1234
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Briand1234

Briand1234

Has anyone had this problem. Strain name is Cream Caramel Auto 8weeks from Germination seeds and they seem to be avoiding the light? Never had this problem before has anyone else?

Uhmmm
Uhmmm 2
Uhmmm 3
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Over watered. What’s in your medium for drainage?
burnz

Briand1234

Briand1234

Okay I'll try that for abit and see what happens thanks!

Briand1234

Briand1234

Perlite and idk what else has lots of drainage holes at bottom of pot

Briand1234

Briand1234

I gave it like a bottle cap of water when I planted seed and thats all it got of water so far. Hello, our Pro-Mix Premium Organic Vegetable & Herb mix is made of Canadian sphagnum peat moss, Peat humus, Compost, Perlite, Lime, Gypsum, Organic fertilizer and mychorrhizae.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Must be the light makes it look saturated. So you haven’t watered at all? Maybe try watering the seedlings. Usually adding some extra perlite to the medium only benefits the roots. Allows for better aeration between the root. ball.

mandoVol

mandoVol

I killed more seeds than I care to count because I couldn’t get this part right. A dude told me to aim a small fan between the plant, and in my case, my 99 watt LED which I purchased as a nursery light, but I either had it too close or too far away. So I put them about 25 inches with the fan, and inched them closer until I was about 18” away- which is what hlg recommended.

good luck

Briand1234

Briand1234

Yeah I didn't give it much to start water it useally 3-4days after but didn't today cause I didn't know what's wrong with it. Is it to late to add more perlite or? As I'm sure the roots haven't filled the pot yet. And I think it was the light making it seem like it. Also my ac been wack its broken right now and it's set to 60f and can't change it so I had to change my temps in my closet around. Right now my stat says 68f and won't go any higher could it also be cause of that didn't think of it till now?

Briand1234

Briand1234

I have a guy coming to fix it in few days if i put it in my porch for few days it should be okay? Air temp in there is around 85f during day and drops to 80f at night?

Briand1234

Briand1234

Thankfully my light has a dime setting so if I dime it to half it should be alright as I got clones in there right now. It's a 100watt full spectrum

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thankfully my light has a dime setting so if I dime it to half it should be alright as I got clones in there right now. It's a 100watt full spectrum
Not much power so it's probably too close, that's the only time I've ever seen them bend like that, someone above mentioned a fan blowing between the light and the tops of the plants that's a great idea too; Seedlings look good though, nice job keep it up!

Briand1234

Briand1234

Okay I'll try that there about 20 inches away from the light I'll raise it another 10 just to be safe and have them on dime thanks guys! And thanks walker! I'll keep updates cause I'm sure I'll run into more problems along the way.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Okay I'll try that there about 20 inches away from the light I'll raise it another 10 just to be safe and have them on dime thanks guys! And thanks walker! I'll keep updates cause I'm sure I'll run into more problems along the way.
You should see it turn around within 12 to 24 hours and as mr. Burnzy said above you might want to add some perlite when you up pot those good luck and keep us posted!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I killed more seeds than I care to count because I couldn’t get this part right. A dude told me to aim a small fan between the plant, and in my case, my 99 watt LED which I purchased as a nursery light, but I either had it too close or too far away. So I put them about 25 inches with the fan, and inched them closer until I was about 18” away- which is what hlg recommended.

good luck
+1 I hate starting seeds it's the worst!

mandoVol

mandoVol

Just try to find one of those clip on desk fans because anything much bigger will either blow the seedling over, or deflect off the light itself.

You want the seedlings to gently sway or tremble.
Just a heads up, I was using a 99 watt quantum LED, so the affect may be different with another light source. I’m not sure what technically solved the problem, but you should be fine.

Briand1234

Briand1234

Yeah I feel that but I found it's easier than clones. I don't know why but this has only happened to me once out of like 20 times. Also it's a new light for me so its trail and air on this bunch. And okay I tried putting them in porch for a little while not so sunny in there maybe they'll straighten out and of so I'll try again and dime light 🤞 I ordered a fan just now so should be here in next few days.

mandoVol

mandoVol

Yeah I feel that but I found it's easier than clones. I don't know why but this has only happened to me once out of like 20 times. Also it's a new light for me so its trail and air on this bunch. And okay I tried putting them in porch for a little while not so sunny in there maybe they'll straighten out and of so I'll try again and dime light 🤞 I ordered a fan just now so should be here in next few days.

of course. You’ll be fine.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Recommend never putting indoor plants outside, risk of bugs

Top Bottom